Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2006, 09:45 PM   #1
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

Diaper rash? Yeast Infection? Something else?

My son has had a rash that won't go away-- every cream out there, tried treating it as a yeast issue... air time galore, tried different diapers, sposies are worse (he breaks out in a reash almost on contact).

It's bright red and he screams when we put rash cream, or even plain Aquaphilic lotion on it-- saying his butt hurts. The rash, not to be to descriptive, is bright red, not raised really but wet looking if that makes sense-- and surrounds his anus, 1-2 inches around. His testicles look fine, and normally they're red with a yeast infection.

I'll call the doctor tomorrow but was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

Advertisement

MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 07:37 AM   #2
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diaper rash? Yeast Infection? Something else?

sounds like an "allergy ring"
a "wet rash" can turn bacterial fast. Mix neosporin or bacitracin with a zinc-based cream and apply THICKLY. Do NOT NOT NOT wipe it off, you will wipe off the new skin growing there. If he poops wipe with a warm wet washcloth. You will be able to get the poop off and still sometimes a bit of the cream will remain, leave it.
Have him nap naked bottomed on his belly on some prefolds near a window where sun gets to his bum. Um you can use cotton balls or a rolled washcloth to spread the cheeks so the sun and air hit their target It should look better in 48 hours.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:51 AM   #3
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

Re: Diaper rash? Yeast Infection? Something else?

Allergy does sound right. I've got some neosporin stuff and Desitin and I'll apply that-- loose prefold (bleached and stripped) that I'll lightly snappi (he's 2.5 and won't lay down to save his life LOL).

Now to figure out what in his diet could be causing it. **Sigh**
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote