Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2006, 03:37 PM   #1
HisFadedStar
Registered Users
seller
seller

So frustrated with DS...

I love him so much, but I just find myself getting more and more frustrated with him. Hes been pooping and peeing everywhere, refusing to keep his diaper or clothes on, throwing tantrums, wont take naps, etc. And I know this is normal 2 year old behavior, but without my husband, its just piling up. I find myself sending him to his room ALL the time, and I find myself yelling, and whats most frustrating and is making me resentful is his speech delay. I just dont know what he wants, and whenever he makes progress, he loses it. He will make progress for a week and then just stop and regress. He is almost 2 and doesnt say anything, and its heart breaking. We go to therapy FIVE days a week, it consumes my LIFE, and hes not making progress.

Monday - One on one speech therapy
Tuesday - Speech Therapy toddler group
wednesday - Parent Toddler Speech group
thursday - Speech therapy toddler group
friday - one on one speech therapy

I pray so hard every night and nothing is working. He hasnt made any progress in the 6 months we have started speech therapy and I just am so lost. Its not autism or anything in the autistic spectrum, we have had him tested for everything, its not his hearing, its not any problems with his ENT. I just want to sit down and cry, and sometimes I do. I just want answers. Without my husband I find myself losing my patience a lot more and I just dont know what to do.

Advertisement

HisFadedStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:49 PM   #2
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: So frustrated with DS...

I'm not trying to scare you, but has he ever had an MRI? Bram's condition is only detectable through MRI, which he had when he was about a week old. (The only reason he had one then is because he has a physical anomaly as well. All the other parents I've talked to didn't find out their DC had it until around 2-3 because they didn't notice any other symptoms until then.)

Anyway, I'm not saying that he *does* have anything wrong in that area but it would probably be best to get it out of the way just in case (if you haven't already), kwim?

Also, have you tried signing with him? We've been signing with Bram for a long time and it took a while for him to learn when he was smaller.... but now that he's older, he pretty much learns a sign as soon as we show it to him. So I bet he would learn signs really fast if he's almost 2. And it would cut down on a lot of frustration for both of you.

Good luck mama, and please keep us updated! I know its hard, just try to hang in there!
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:51 PM   #3
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Do you think that maybe you might be a little on the depressed side? I know that I would be for sure if I was in your shoes! Step back and take a good hard look. Maybe even go to the dr yourself to just talk to you PCP. It's hard to be a military momma I know. But your little boy needs you to be able to understand him, That could be why he is peeing and pooping everywhere he just wants you to understand him. I am sorry that you are going through this alone but remember in the long run it will be worth it!
Old 10-11-2006, 03:54 PM   #4
HisFadedStar
Registered Users
seller
seller

He hasnt had an MRI, I will look into it, he is currently on a wait list for a PET scan. He was signing a lot, and now he has almost completely stopped. He was doing at least 10 signs independantly, then just stopped.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #5
HisFadedStar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Normally I am a VERY happy content person, I just have my days. And just these past couple of days have been very rough with him. I am just ripping my hair out.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:57 PM   #6
HisFadedStar
Registered Users
seller
seller

The post earlier about what everyones 17 month olds were saying really set me off and got me upset. Its so hard to hear everyone talk about how their 16 month old is saying like 50 words and mine is 22 months and wont even say mama. Its just really depressing.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:57 PM   #7
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Me too. But I will be the first to admit if I did not take Paxil for my issues I would not be able to deal with anything even though I look and seem like I am okay inside I was a wreck! Just something to think about! I will pray for you and your family and pray things get better for your son real soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisFadedStar View Post
Normally I am a VERY happy content person, I just have my days. And just these past couple of days have been very rough with him. I am just ripping my hair out.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:00 PM   #8
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

I know what you mean. I did not even open that thread noah is 15 months and says nothing he really does not even answer to his own name , he says momma and dadda but that is it nothing else. Don't be so hard on yourself. Someday your gonna look back and laugh because he at some point will never stop talking.

Quote:
The post earlier about what everyones 17 month olds were saying really set me off and got me upset. Its so hard to hear everyone talk about how their 16 month old is saying like 50 words and mine is 22 months and wont even say mama. Its just really depressing.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:02 PM   #9
HisFadedStar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mine was saying mama and dada and then completely regressed when my husband left for Iraq.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:04 PM   #10
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Yup... If you notice my post said that the only thing Bram will say is "thank you". (And that only started a week or so ago and its very hard to understand.) I can't get mine to say Mama or Dada either.

With the signs... I don't know why he would have stopped all of a sudden.... but I guess just keep at it. Sign to him any time you get the chance!
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote