Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-29-2008, 11:21 AM   #1
hpf27
Registered Users
seller

Trainer recommendations--not ready for undies yet!

My daughter is just beginning to *get* the whole potty thing (she is 20mos)--she is still in cd's all day/night, but she is wanting to *sit* on the potty A LOT. She's rarely going in the potty--but I want to encourage the sitting & using it as much as possible. I know that the more she feels the wetness, the quicker this will go--but I don't want to push her--or frankly, clean my couch daily!

The problem is that almost all of our diapers are velcro (thirsties) and they don't really pull down. I have to lay her down to put it back on her--and she screams like a banshee!

I need something we can pull up & down like underwear--but we're not ready for anything like the Gerber trainers that have sooooo little absorbency--since she's still mostly peeing in the diapers.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a similar to diaper level absorbency (could be somewhat less since we're PL'ing) but that pulls up and down?? I want to encourage her to sit on the potty as often as she needs to, but putting the diaper back on is making it no fun for either of us!!

Thanks in advance!!

Advertisement

hpf27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:32 AM   #2
Mom2littlemissaudrey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Trainer recommendations--not ready for undies yet!

Rebecca from Apple Dumpling Gear makes great waterproof trainers. She can also customize the absorbancy of the soaker pad for you in case you have a heavy wetter or for naptimes. We've had no leaks with ours.

Side snapping pocket diapers can also work well as trainers since they are easier to pull up and down.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:01 PM   #3
lisadoni
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am in the same situation. I got some fairly inexpensive waterproof trainers from OneStepAhead.com that will hold about one pee and are trim. I recently got a couple of snap-ez side-snapping trainers with extra soaker pads. Those have worked really well. With the extra soaker it holds as much as a pocket with one insert. It pulls up and down easily, but also has snaps in case of a messy accident.

I'll warn you that it is still a struggle to get the pull-up style on, but it is a little easier to hold them still.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:47 PM   #4
hpf27
Registered Users
seller

Thank you!

One question about the SnapEZs--the extra soaker pad--is that sewn in, or laid in, or stuffed in a pocket. I went to order some, and got confused!!

Last edited by hpf27; 07-30-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:23 PM   #5
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

snap ez makes 2 types a stuffable or aio. Chances are it the stuffable that being talked about.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:01 PM   #6
lisadoni
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpf27 View Post
Thank you!

One question about the SnapEZs--the extra soaker pad--is that sewn in, or laid in, or stuffed in a pocket. I went to order some, and got confused!!

I got them off of fsot and I'm at work so I can't go look at them. But, I *think* they are an aio as they do have an absorbant lining, no pocket. The extra soakers are a lay-in type that are cotton lined so the child feels the wetness.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:08 PM   #7
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Heres a tip for putting on the diaper. have you LO hold the diaper by the tabs behind their back. then you pull the diaper between their legs and then you can take one tab at a time and attach. I've been doing this for a long time. It makes changes so much easier in public. Especially if there is no place to change.
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:00 AM   #8
babygirls2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2littlemissaudrey View Post
Rebecca from Apple Dumpling Gear makes great waterproof trainers. She can also customize the absorbancy of the soaker pad for you in case you have a heavy wetter or for naptimes. We've had no leaks with ours.

Side snapping pocket diapers can also work well as trainers since they are easier to pull up and down.

I just bought a non-waterproof pull up trainer as a custom and I LOVE it!!! Sooooooooo soft and pretty and works great! We bought it to night train but she refused to tee tee before bed so she knew she had to wear her pull up. Oh well...but we will try again tonight. I LOVE this trainer!!!!!
babygirls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:06 PM   #9
cravnp99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawheid View Post
Heres a tip for putting on the diaper. have you LO hold the diaper by the tabs behind their back. then you pull the diaper between their legs and then you can take one tab at a time and attach. I've been doing this for a long time. It makes changes so much easier in public. Especially if there is no place to change.
Or sometimes I sit down and put the diaper in my lap and then have her sit into the diaper while sitting on my lap... then I can lean her back as I work on fastening the diaper back on...
Praying for #2 - either by birth or adoption
Paula - Wife to youth pastor & Mamma to Alli born 01/03/07 & brought home on 01/05/07
cravnp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:14 PM   #10
hpf27
Registered Users
seller

yeah, I've tried that, but my LO is on to me!! she mostly starts screaming when I try to sit her/lay her/come near her with the diaper. I'm going to try the stand up and have her "help" by holding the back method (thanks, mama!)--but the pull-on trainers are pretty swell...but, it would be nice to not have to start all over on my stash!