View Poll Results: How interested would you be in a nashville diaper swap meet?
Very interested!! I'm sure i'd like this!! 29 76.32%
Kind of interested, depends on the details and the weather. 8 21.05%
Whatever. Neither interested nor uninterested. ::yawn:: 0 0%
Not very interested. I'd only go if a friend twisted my arm. 0 0%
Completely uninterested. It's a dumb idea. 0 0%
Other (please post) 4 10.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-30-2008, 03:37 AM   #1
loveskilts
Registered Users

My Mood:
Diaper Swap Meet - Nashville Area!! Sat, Jan 10th @ 1pm - Everyone Welcome!!

(i just rearranged this info... original post is still below, but i've moved the updates to the top. i should've done this sooner!)

UPDATE: we have a place and a time!! thank you for the excellent tip tovashova!!

Coleman Park Regional Community Center
384 Thompson Lane, Nashville, TN 37211

Saturday, January 10th - 1:00 to 3:30 p.m.

UPDATE: i just made the ISO/IHA thread for the swap meet!! if you wnat to sell it or trade it - BRING IT!! if you love it - BRING IT!! no particular reason to bring it - BRING IT ANYWAY!!

Diaper Swap Meet in Nashville - IHA/ISO/IWTSO, Answers and WAHM Lists
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...stthread&f=111

[CENTER] UPDATE - The NASHVILLE BABYWEARERS ARE COMING!!! HOORAY!!
The Nashville Babywearers mamas have switched their monthly meeting to occur simultaneously with the diaper swap meet! is this FABULOUS or what?!!! YAY!!!

LAST MINUTE ORGANIZATIONAL UPDATE - MAKE A LIST OF WHAT YOU'RE BRINGING WITH YOU
In order to try to make it easier to find the diapers and things you want to see and want to show others, let's all make a list of what we are bringing - and make sure your name and/or screen name is at the top somewhere. Try to group your list in categories (wool, fitteds, prefolds, bamboo, etc...) if you have multiple items. It will make it easier for mamas to skim the lists quickly. We can have a table or a wall where we can post all the lists and when mamas are looking for something, they can check over the lists... see the things they want and who has them aaaaaaaaaaaaand then can find the mama they need by walking around and checking out name tags. I think this, in addition to chatting and mingling and tables, will help us circulate information. NOTE: I'll have some printed sheets available for you to write this information out on when you arrive, but if you want to write them there - come early!! Come early to fill out the sheet (while I'm setting up tables) so that you don't waste any good diaperswapping time filling out sheets) :wink:

There will be about 20 tables available, first come - first serve. I would imagine that a couple/few mamas might be able to share tables, depending on what they bring. Help setting up would be appreciated All the tables have to be taken out of the closet and set up. I will get there early and do as many as I can alone, but extra hands would be delightful!

Name tags to be provided. There will be a space for you to write your name or your screen name - or both Whatever you prefer.

IMPORTANT: There may be a possibility that we can start the swap meet a half an hour earlier ....I'm waiting on information about this. I'll post again tomorrow.

UPDATE - SWAP MEET STARTS AT 1:00 PM AS PLANNED I originally wrote that it could be bumped to 1 pm, but that was a mistake (my brain is frazzled from moving into the new house this week - sorry for the confusion). Also.... the swap meet will end at 3:30 because the center closes at 4 pm. They would like us to start cleaning up and putting the tables away at 3:30 so that we are out of there by 4 pm.

Extra directions: The Coleman Center has a long drive and is set back off the main road (Thompson Lane). The Thompson Lane entrance is directly across the street from Action Nissan and borders the edge of the property for the Thompson Public Library. The library is actually a small building sitting on the corner of the Coleman Center property, but you might see that before you see the Center, depending on which direction you're coming from. The Center is between Nolensville and Foster roads on Thompson Lane. There is a Foster Road entrance also, so you could turn onto Foster and turn into the Coleman parking lot from there.

More last minute updates as I have them

COOL UPDATE!!! I just got this email note from willowbuns!!!
Just wanted to let you know that I will be bringing my snap press and snaps to the diaper swap. I will be offering snap services at .20 cents a snap.

If anyone has snaps that have busted or they just want to add snaps to an existing diaper they have I will be happy to do it for them. I have the size 20 polyacetal snaps that are used on all the major brands of cloth diapers. I only have white snaps...no fancy colors. :-)

Please spread the word.

Thanks!

original post:

is there, or has there ever been,
a public or semi-private diaper swap meet event
in the nashville area??

if there has, would someone please pm me with the information so that i can try to attend next time ...aaaaaaaand in which case, please ignore the rest of this post

if not, is there any interest in such a thing?

this is what i'm thinking...

i'm new to cloth diapering (first, but godwilling not only, dd is 6 mos) and it's great to look at pictures online for bazillions of hours until i'm cross-eyed, but i'm still in need of diapers and not much closer to knowing what to buy than i was a month ago. i REEEEEALLY want to look at these diapers (new, used, whatever) before ordering more. i've ordered diapers & etc... and i'm learning expensive lessons in what doesn't work

i'm reeeeeeeeeeeeally hoping to find other mamas
in the nashville area who would be interested in having
a SWAP MEET!!

i was on the verge of trying to organize something like this here in tampa, florida where i am now... but my husband is getting transferred to ft. campbell at the beginning of january, so... i figured i'd switch and try for the nashville area instead?

i'm not suggesting a huge, hairy ordeal... for instance:
if there are only 10 mamas interested, then that's 10 mamas that i'd very much like to meet maybe we could all land at a starbucks or a playground or something?

if there are 20-30 mamas interested, then maybe the public library there would have a larger room that we can reserve and use to meet in? however many there are, i'm sure we can find a place to flock to
maybe there might even be local wahms that would come and bring stuff to sell?

is there anyone else in nashville that would enjoy a diaper swap meet? if so, please, please leave a post

Advertisement

Last edited by loveskilts; 01-09-2009 at 06:40 PM. Reason: typo, updates
loveskilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:37 AM   #2
JamieGW
Registered Users
seller

Re: Diaper Swap Meet - Nashville Area??

I'm in Murfreesboro, I love meeting new people. Just let me know!

This is a group I just found, haven't been to their stuff yet seeing as I'm about an hour away, but you can try with them, too. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nashvilletnmoms/

Last edited by JamieGW; 07-30-2008 at 07:44 AM.
JamieGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:16 AM   #3
loveskilts
Registered Users

My Mood:

ooo good idea! i will
Old 08-05-2008, 08:27 PM   #4
Mom2Natalya
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hey Mama- I live in Clarksville, TN, which is about 15 minutes from Ft Campbell. Most of my mama friends are military. How old are your kid/s? I don't know about a swap meet, but I'd love to get together with another like-minded mama in the area. When are you moving??
Old 08-06-2008, 01:00 PM   #5
tovashova
Registered Users

i would go just to meet other cd moms... my "stash" is pretty simple and set so i probably wouldnt buy dipes.. i would for wool though.. im wanting to try wool..
tovashova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:56 AM   #6
ShayneLeMaster
no caption needed
seller

My Mood:

Im in shelbyville. And would be interested in something like this
Old 08-08-2008, 09:46 AM   #7
tovashova
Registered Users

they have just recently redone the community center at coleman park.. it has a nice playground and lots of space for kids to run and there is a meeting room inside as well as an indoor pool... perhaps that might be a nice place to try out... it is pretty close to every major interstate in nashville so it would be easy to get to i think..
http://nashville.citysearch.com/profile/map/9333802/nashville_tn/coleman_community_center_and_park.html

its also close to the zoo for anyone wanting to make a day of it..

Last edited by tovashova; 08-08-2008 at 09:48 AM.
tovashova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:04 PM   #8
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm just outside Nashville and its easy to feel like the only CD Mama around when it seems everyone uses sposies. I would love to get together and talk CDs since I'm not sure DH really GETS IT, KWIM?
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:00 PM   #9
loveskilts
Registered Users

My Mood:

thank you for posting everyone!! this is so cool i'm glad there's interest here! i honestly didn't think too many people made it down to this part of the forum much and wasn't too hopeful for responses. i figured there ought to be at least 20 in the nashville area who would like to do something like this, but the hard part was going to be finding them

tovashova: great idea on the community center! sounds very kid friendly and i had no idea nashville had a zoo!! can't wait to take the ds ))) i only have kozydesigns, llamajamas, biobottoms, and a homemade accidentally felted knitted baby blanket in wool... but i can show you those i'll have more by january too i really like wool it pretty much lives up to all the hype - which was a complete shock. normally hype is hype. but no.... wool is awesome! i'm hooked even if we don't buy anything, it'll be cool to see everyone's diapers... if you bring stuff you don't want, maybe someone will swap with you?

Mom2Natalya: have you been here yet?
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=374541
it's a pretty active thread of clarksville/ft campbell mil-mamas my ds is 6 mos old and will be 11 mos when we hit ft campbell. dh has 4 mos of school in va from aug-dec and we arrive at ft. c. a little before jan 18. i'm kind of hoping that by jan 18th, we'll have collected 15-20 nash-moms who would like to go to a diaper swap meet i'm hoping anyway

JamieGW: i haven't had a chance to go to that board yet and ask about a diaper swap meet, but i absolutely intend to! you aren't a member of that group are you?

i'm thrilled that people are posting!! hooray!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 11:14 AM   #10
JamieGW
Registered Users
seller

I just joined the Nashville group but I haven't met up with anyone yet -- they meet in Nashville and I haven't been able to drive up when they are meeting. I'm not sure if any CD, but I found the group on DS.

Either way, if you plan something, I'll be there