Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2006, 11:10 AM   #11
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

Re: I need help please-hubby doesn't want more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsydprmkn View Post
Huge HUGS momma! i was in your same boat 2 months ago. stupid moron doc told me i shouldnt have any more kids and if i did it would kill me. well i go see another doctor to be fixed and they said there is no reason for me not to have anymore kids. go to another doc and they said the same thing. im waiting on an appt to get my iud out so that i can have more kids. but anyways dh was saying that he didnt want anymore, and it wasnt because he didnt want anymore, it was because he was afraid of what would happen if we did have anymore. i would DEFINATELY see another doctor with dh so that he can hear the doc say what happened isnt always what happened and it can be prevented, there should be no problem having kids.

if you need to talk anymore please pm me
I agree!!!!

sometimes I think other people get freaked out when someone wants more than the typical 2 children

Advertisement

Blackbirdlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:14 PM   #12
flutist
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have to agree with everyone! I would seek out a new ob preferably a high risk one and see what they have to say. And above all else don't pressure dh, that will only push him farther into the permanent decision of "no more". I let my hubby be for a while and he came around and within the month we were expecting. Good luck and keep us updated.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:51 PM   #13
Kels5kids
Registered Users
Formerly: Kels4kids
seller

My Mood:

I feel the same way as you do. I have 4 healthy children, I had rough pregnancies with my last 3 which were all boys. My youngest was born healthy at 36 weeks. My DH is scared to go through 9 months of bedrest again. I bled heavily with my last baby during my pregnancy and was sent home once at 9 weeks to miscarry. But my son is healthy and 1yr old. I desperately want another baby. It will be my last because I will opt for a tubal after delivery.
When I get baby fever DH and i start having marital problems because i resent him for not wanting to get me pregnant. He even withholds sex just to make sure.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:11 AM   #14
MomsHelpingMoms
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
seller

Quote:
When I get baby fever DH and i start having marital problems because i resent him for not wanting to get me pregnant. He even withholds sex just to make sure.
I'm so sorry to hear that. I just really want to experience it all again. Today, my baby turned 1. I really want 1 more, is that too much to ask for? I feel like I lose more than he does by giving in to his way. If we don't have more, I lose out on so much, but if we do get pg, he would love the child unconditionally. Why is that so hard for him to understand? He is a great father.

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:59 AM   #15
havanadaydreamin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm really sorry about this...My DD is 17 months and my only one. I am just now feeling like I want another one, but DH is against it. I'm hoping that time will change his mind so that DD will not be an only child.

I think that you should get another dr opinion. I think that he is scared of losing you, and thinking that he would have to raise the children by himself. If you can show him that is not the case, I think that it would turn him around.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:49 AM   #16
MomsHelpingMoms
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
seller

I have had another long talk with him and I really don't think that health problems are the case. He just thinks 2 is enough. I am trying really hard to not step on his toes or totally shove my foot down my throat, but I can't help but think that some part of him doesn't like having kids. He says 2 is enough and we should just focus on raising them. I love my girls and I know he does too, he is a very hands on dad, but what is the effin deal! I cd, bf, and we are financially stable. We have an extra room, plus, I bring $$ with my biz and I do daycare-soon to be doula. I stay home with them, why can't he just be the doner! JK. Well, I am going to ask/beg him for one more. Just one more. I'll keep you posted.

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:24 AM   #17
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresaarrington View Post
I have had another long talk with him and I really don't think that health problems are the case. He just thinks 2 is enough. I am trying really hard to not step on his toes or totally shove my foot down my throat, but I can't help but think that some part of him doesn't like having kids. He says 2 is enough and we should just focus on raising them. I love my girls and I know he does too, he is a very hands on dad, but what is the effin deal! I cd, bf, and we are financially stable. We have an extra room, plus, I bring $$ with my biz and I do daycare-soon to be doula. I stay home with them, why can't he just be the doner! JK. Well, I am going to ask/beg him for one more. Just one more. I'll keep you posted.

I know what you mean. My dh is I think the same way. I don't think he even wanted a third but we had an oopsie and here we go. I think my dh feels like we are busy enough with 2, why have another. I know he also feels like the more kids we have the less time with each other we get.
Blackbirdlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:53 AM   #18
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pray Pray Pray..(((HUGS)))
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote