Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-31-2008, 02:41 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Anyone use Medi-share or Samaritan Ministries?

I would love to hear from you if you have!
More specifically...
Have you had problems with them paying out?
I know Medi-share has joined with PCHS and members use that discound card for routine and preventative care. Does Samaritains do the same thing?
How much are you paying each month? each incident?
If you use the discount card, have you been happy with it?

We are paying over $6000 a year on premiums and $1000 deductibles per year. Every year it takes us almost til the end to pay our deductibles. For instance its almost August and we still have another $400 to pay out of pocket before they kick in any benefits, then its 80% covered.

I've talked to someone with Medi-share and we'd spend only $4200 a year on "shared expenses" similiar to premiums and then $250 per incident. The discount card is supposed to be 50-75%.

I haven't looked in Samaritan Ministries much yet at all. From what I've read on a few message boards, people seem to like it better than Medi-share, but I am still unsure if they do the discount card or if they only cover emergency/surgery type things.

Anyway to make a long question short...just looking for some first-hand experience with either! TIA!

MyKylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Anyone use Medi-share or Samaritan Ministries?

Wow, I know this is old but I am looking into it for our family. I know of three people who have personally used it, and I'm very excited that it might work out for us. Ditto to the OP's questions!
Katie, CS Rep for Beco, cuddling BIG GIRL Caroline, 3.1.07, and BABY Madelynn, 8.1.11 and loving hubby Michael, 5.21.05
kmcscott is offline   Reply With Quote