Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2006, 07:39 PM   #11
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

Re: Baby poop and colitis??

Ditto to everything Melissa said and recommended.

DD is a refluxer and has bowel issues and a hadnful of fun allergies-- those poops sound like an intolerance issue.

Advertisement

MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:50 PM   #12
janendragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ds had that type of poop before i figured out he was dairy and gluten sensitive. I cut it out of my diet and hes fine now.

I can eat a small amount of dairy, and some gluten foods, but if I have to much of either, it comes back along with an allergy rash

SAHM to my crazy toddler
janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:59 PM   #13
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans_mum View Post
ds had that type of poop before i figured out he was dairy and gluten sensitive. I cut it out of my diet and hes fine now.

I can eat a small amount of dairy, and some gluten foods, but if I have to much of either, it comes back along with an allergy rash
How does he do when you eat soy? DD is also wheat and gluten intolerant, but is even worse with soy.
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:03 PM   #14
janendragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hes been fine on soy.....we detoxed on just rice milk etc for a while, then slowly introduced soy in, and he was great. hes still not eating any solids of his own though.

SAHM to my crazy toddler
janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:17 PM   #15
aschrimp
Registered Users

Well, we have a ped gi dr too, for issues with ds's poop. But we also have a horrible history of colitis (including childhood colitis) in our family, all requiring surgery eventually. One thing that I can tell you is that true colitis (inflamatory bowel disease) basically always comes with blood in the stools.

DS was having bloody stools for quite some time, the ped gi dr put me on an everything-free diet, and they resolved (no colitis for him so far). However, he caught a wicked stomach bug on our first visit there (came down sick like 2 days later, and I was afraid it was because of my diet changes at first). Same symptoms you described - green *SMELLY* nasty mucousy poops constantly. The first 2 days we went through all 30 some-odd prefolds we owned each day. Then it slowed down to 4-5 times a day for a week and a half.

We went back in to his dr, and they said they were pretty sure it was a stomach virus, and that the poops could be "off" and more frequent for up to two weeks, but that if the explosive diarrhea re-appeared to come back in. They also suggested giving pro-biotics, which did seem to help.

You can pm me if you want more info about colitis - I have certainly done my research!

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote