Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-01-2008, 02:35 PM   #1
bryvaeh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Gross poo question...

I have a gross poop question...sorry! My boys are EBF and they poop about once a week - sometimes a little longer. But they have been fussy lately and when Cannon pooped today I noticed it was the normal yellow/mustard color but there weren't "seeds" and it was actually frothy - little bubbles and stuff...does that make sense? Is that normal or a sign of allergy? Because they have been fussier than normal too lately. Thanks mamas!

Advertisement

Old 08-01-2008, 03:25 PM   #2
JandJsmom0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Gross poo question...

My EBF DD had that for awhile when she was younger. Our midwife said it was nothing to worry about. If it is really bothering you, maybe you could just call your Dr and ask.....

Hope it gets better and hope youre doing alright with all those LOs!
Old 08-01-2008, 03:41 PM   #3
bryvaeh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks mama - that makes me feel better!
Old 08-01-2008, 07:00 PM   #4
clb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

was it mucusy at all? my ds had two fussy days in a row with no poop then this weird poo with mucus and I about flipped. Called the ped and he said do not worry and that it was just stomach irritation due to his food...meaning my food since he ebf. I had to go through a list of what i ate and I'm pretty sure that I narrowed it down to the fried chicken with hot sauce. Seems it doesn't sit as well with my lo as it does with me.

Did you add anything new to your diet right before this happened? Maybe it was that...but likely is nothing you should worry about.
C- Proud mama to M (4/08). Loving wife to J. Excited about welcoming baby #2 into our APing, BWing, Non-Circing, Selective Vaxing, happy, hippy family in 03/11
clb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:07 PM   #5
bryvaeh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb View Post
was it mucusy at all? my ds had two fussy days in a row with no poop then this weird poo with mucus and I about flipped. Called the ped and he said do not worry and that it was just stomach irritation due to his food...meaning my food since he ebf. I had to go through a list of what i ate and I'm pretty sure that I narrowed it down to the fried chicken with hot sauce. Seems it doesn't sit as well with my lo as it does with me.

Did you add anything new to your diet right before this happened? Maybe it was that...but likely is nothing you should worry about.
oops just saw this! there was some mucous so it may be something i ate...they are doing the cranky thing tonight again after having weird poo again this afternoon so i have to write down what i ate i guess...sigh...poor babies
Old 08-06-2008, 09:10 PM   #6
mommy2olivia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Only poops once a week? I know that is totally normal for a BF baby, but my son is one of those who likes to poop almost every time I nurse him, even if it's just a little. I seriously sun a gazillion dipes a day! lol! Anyway, my son's is sometimes mucousy. I've also noticed that sometimes it smells and sometimes it doesn't, and my ped said it all depends on my diet. Hope that helps!