Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2008, 07:33 PM   #1
0351wife
Registered Users

BF in a hot sling..HELP..

anyone know how to do it lol! i tried to do it but cant get the hang of it i have a almost 4 month old... thanks mamas!

Advertisement

Old 08-06-2008, 01:32 PM   #2
juclark77
Registered Users

Re: BF in a hot sling..HELP..

I BF in a peanutshell all the time. I think it is the same thing. When DD was that age, I just had her laying down in it, with her head towards the side that the sling went over my shoulder. Note: I had the sling on the outside of my shoulder not near my neck. I just latched her on and used my arm to support her a little. Hope this helps. It is hard to remember exactly how I did it. SHe is 15 months now and I still nurse her in the peanutshell. Only now she sits on my hip and I pull the fabric up to cover my breast.
juclark77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:15 PM   #3
Jz_Doll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had to practice a lot.
I had her sitting on my hip, then, I pulled the outer side of the sling up higher, to cover baby, and wear a shirt that can be pulled down, not up to expose my breast. My Arm that the sling was over would slide up under the sling to hold my breast.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:50 PM   #4
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would position ds in tummy to tummy position and let him lean a little toward the side that was on my shoulder. Then he'd latch on and the sling would give him head support. Difficult to explain, really easy to do.
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:01 PM   #5
normajean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did it in the house a couple times. I have a HUGE 3 month old. I would lay him down and pull the outter layer out- I wear V necks a lot so I can pull my boob out , but my girls are big- so there is always something showing LOL

It's tricky but it can be down.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:56 PM   #6
glupton
Registered Users
seller

I could be wrong, but I think I've seen utube videos to show you how. I know there are ring sling nursing videos. You might try to google it. I'm more of a visual learner, so that's what I'd try.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:56 AM   #7
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I nursed my almost 2mo in a ringsling yesterday - tummy to tummy, head on the side by the rings, and supporting/positioning her head with my arm. It wasn't the easiest thing in the world to do, but it worked out. The first time I tried I worried b/c she did seem very hot and sweaty, but that turned out to be b/c she was struggling to reach the nipple so much due to poor positioning. when we tried again later and I paid more attention to positioning, it worked out pretty easily.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote