Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-03-2008, 01:18 PM   #1
robertribeye
Registered Users
seller

why, oh why, is this u/s wait taking forever! just chattty

I am sitting on the seat of my chair..... I feel like I have had a dozen redbulls. I am beyond excited. This is the first one in a long time where I feel I may have the chance for a boy. Last one I just knew it was another girl, dh too, so he didn't even bother coming and stayed home to watch the kids.

Things are looking up and god has been watching out for us with all the praying. Haven't had bleeding in awhile and our money situation is looking up. I am on cloud nine. We had a wonderful vacation. Kids start school tomorrow. I just want to thank god every minute for the happiness we have right now. Life is good. I can't wait to run out and buy an outfit to suprise my dh with.
How are all of you telling your dh's what you are having? Are they going with you? Or do you suprise them in a special way? just wondering.
If it is a boy... There is a spendy boutique down by my ob's that has a onsie/lunchbox set that says "little Bubba". My dh's childhood nickname was bubba and I have to get it for him. If it is a girl. Just something lame and pink (like I haven't seen that for 10 years straight). sigh... what would make it better is if I didn't have to wait another 2 -3 weeks for an u/s......

Advertisement

Old 08-03-2008, 01:45 PM   #2
violetflower
Registered Users

Re: why, oh why, is this u/s wait taking forever! just chattty

How many girls do you have? I have 3 boys so far, dh has 4 boys!! I really feel like this one is a girl, I don't know why I should be letting myself think that as I thought all my 3 boys were girls too Dh has always wanted a girl too, but ironically desperately wants this one to be a boy, so that he can name him Alfie after his dad, because he died in January this year, very close to my due date on the 14th. I would still love to have a girl, but a healthy baby is more important to me, I lost a baby last year, that really hit me hard, so I have been very nervous with this pregnancy, and it is still there really. I am itching to get my appointment through so I can start counting down the days! My sister in law thinks I am having a girl, she told me that today! I had a dream the other day about the matinee jacket I am knitting, I was dyeing it pink! I pray that you get a healthy little boy!!!
Old 08-03-2008, 10:18 PM   #3
MCmom3
Registered Users
seller

Glad to hear that things are looking up for you! That's very exciting. DH and I think we really would like to have this first one be a girl, but we go back and forth each week. I love your idea of the little bubba outfit if it is a boy! So cute. DH will be going with me for our scan. I think if he couldn't go with me that I would have the doctor write the gender on a card and not tell me - then DH and I could open it together. Luckily I won't have to do that with this one. I hope the next 2-3 weeks go by quickly for you. I have to wait another 5 weeks, so I know how hard it is!
Old 08-04-2008, 12:43 AM   #4
JollyHolly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How wonderful that things are going well for you and your family!! I really hope you get your boy! Until we find out, we will all be for you!
Old 08-04-2008, 10:38 AM   #5
Dor
Registered Users
seller

Thank God! So glad things are looking up for you! Do tell us what you discover.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:03 AM   #6
antoniosmommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am excited too! Mine is next tuesday, the 12th. My DH is going with me but will probably be one of the last appointments he can go to since I am high risk and going to 4 appts a month. His job won't let him out for that many. We even get to tape the session, that is so COOL! I can sit at home all night watching the baby moving around, I can't wait either!
antoniosmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:35 PM   #7
xxMommato2xx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

iknow... it takes FOREVER!
Old 08-08-2008, 09:03 PM   #8
earena
Registered Users
seller

I should call and make mine, I can go anytime after next week, but I want to wait until 20 weeks to be sure to see the gender!! If they can't find it my nurse said she would do it in her office for me though.

Want to make a real income staying at home? Ask me about ChaCha and how much I have been paid!!PM me for details!
earena is offline   Reply With Quote