Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2006, 11:53 AM   #1
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
?? about BFing

how old is your child?
how often and for how long does your child eat? EBF

i have a 2 month old and it seems like shes eating ALL the time so im just looking for hope that one day she will eat less often...thanks

Advertisement

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:06 PM   #2
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:
Re: ?? about BFing

My ds is 4 1/2 months old and eats every 3 hours for about 15 minutes on one side only!!! Found that if I switched sides he wasn't getting any hindmilk which is what makes him full!

Also he has ate every 3 hours since he was born for about same amount of time. Never really could get to the other side because he has jaundice real bad and would fall asleep every time!

He has slept through the night since he was 2 months old also!
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:11 PM   #3
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a 6 month old who is 1/2 and 1/2 due to low supply. He nurses pretty much every 2 hours except for at night or if we're out somewhere and he's sleeping in the car. His nursing sessions can last from 10 minutes to 30 or more. I think if I let him, he'd nurse all day. But he doesn't use a pacifier, so that's part of the reason he nurses a lot.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:12 PM   #4
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wow!! my dd sleeps 4-5 hours at night but still eats every 2 hours during the day and for 20 min each side!!!!
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:38 PM   #5
Shawna_L
Banned

My DS is almost 7 months and he nurses about every four hours during the day. He sleeps through the night, so no midnight sessions to worry about anymore.

When he was around 2 months though he had a MAJOR growth spurt and nursed constantly. Every two hours was not unusual at that time. I felt like I was stumbling around our house with my nursing bra hanging open just waiting for the next feeding. I would look at my husband and say "Moo".

Just as soon as I get used to a new breastfeeding pattern...DS changes it up on me.

Last edited by Shawna_L; 10-12-2006 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Typo!
Shawna_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:11 PM   #6
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

dd is almost 1yr (sniff!) and she JUST went to every 3-4h during the day. She has consistantly been eating every 2-2.5h since birth. I have no idea what she does at night b/c we cosleep and she latches herself on now.
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:15 PM   #7
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Every baby is different.
You will have times when you feel like you're nursing all the time, and then others where you only nurse 4-5 in a day. It will go back and forth. Enjoy the breaks when you have them. and when it gets crazy, do your best to relax and enjoy that extra cuddle time with your baby! It certainly won't last forever.
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:18 PM   #8
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
I have no idea what she does at night b/c we cosleep and she latches herself on now.
Don't you just love co-sleeping and bf'ing?!
Old 10-12-2006, 01:25 PM   #9
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChurchPunkMom View Post
Every baby is different.
You will have times when you feel like you're nursing all the time, and then others where you only nurse 4-5 in a day. It will go back and forth. Enjoy the breaks when you have them. and when it gets crazy, do your best to relax and enjoy that extra cuddle time with your baby! It certainly won't last forever.

Yeah! when my DD started crawling she nursed every 3 hours. Now its back to every 2 hours day and night. But we co-sleep also so its easy. She still isn't eating solids either

ETA she only nurses like 5-10 minutes unless shes going to sleep

Last edited by MamaMel; 10-12-2006 at 01:34 PM.
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:31 PM   #10
jrk
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Logan is the odd ball, he nurses about every 7 hours during the day and goes 9 at night. He started solids about a month ago. 2 tablespoons cereal mixed with fruit for breakfast, 2T meat/veggie lunch, 2T meat/veggie, 1T fruit at supper.
jrk is offline   Reply With Quote