Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2008, 02:05 PM   #21
aliandmimismom
I'll think of something :)
seller

My Mood:
Re: My Interlock/Fleece Longies Pattern, Pic Obese :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by umm_anisa View Post
oh my, i was looking a pattern because i am getting some interlock from a co-op to make my own longies and skirties.

btw does the interlock have to be felted 1st or can i just soak it and dye it?
Yes, you have to felt it first to the desired weight, I washed an dried mine twice on hot and it was perfect (for the 97/3 blend interlock) To cut out a step with interlock I washed the interlock in dawn so that it would remove the lanolin to prep it for dying HTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2littleman View Post
I thought I'd share a pair of the fleece longies that I made DS using this tutorial. It was super quick. I made the pattern, sewed it and managed to post to this board all while DS is napping. Since he is napping I don't have any action shots. I'm actually expecting them to be a bit big, but we'll see. Next time I make a pair, I plan on making the waist band wider. I must have measured wrong.

I can't wait to try these on DS! Thanks!

I'm so happy for you, they look awesome! It does take practice, I tweaked my own pattern multiple times before I was finally happy with the end result, my best pair yet is a pair of lilac fleece longies, the rise is just right, the inseam is just right for the moment, that's the trouble with making them for fall though, you never know how long they really need to be! I am really happy with the size of the waist band I did in the tutorial, just measure 5" across and the half of the waist length in the opposite direction and you should end up with a 2.5 " cuff waistband (make sure to add a 1/4" seam allowance too )

Advertisement

Old 08-08-2008, 02:48 PM   #22
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow! This is so awesome! I was just batting over trying to make a pair, and heres a pattern! How handy!

Thanks for going to all this trouble. I plan on trying my hand at a pair of these this weekend!
Old 08-08-2008, 02:51 PM   #23
*Katherine*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks! Gonna have to try this out!
Old 08-11-2008, 06:59 AM   #24
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

action pics please?? Gonna try this out
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:40 PM   #25
aliandmimismom
seller

My Mood:

here are some real "action" shots, you can tell dd is in action by the blurriness! These are the wool pants that I made in the tutorial, they are too big right now (on purpose) because I made them for the winter (here is usually starts in late Oct/Nov I made some fleece ones the other day that fit perfectly now (nights are a bit cooler) and I will try and take some action shots (less blurry hopefully) tomorrow

Old 08-11-2008, 07:58 PM   #26
mom2masonreyce
Registered Users

My Mood:

they look great!! they definitely look better than the ones i tried making last night. i just traced a pair of ds's pants. i guess i need to measure him tomorrow, and use your instructions. i put an extra layer in the wet zone, do you need to do that w/ longies?
Old 08-11-2008, 08:07 PM   #27
markswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Awesome pictorial!! Adorable baby girl!!

Last edited by markswife; 08-11-2008 at 08:09 PM.
markswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:55 PM   #28
AmJoyFul
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Awesome! I can't wait to try a pair for my LO!
Old 08-11-2008, 09:04 PM   #29
aliandmimismom
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2masonreyce View Post
they look great!! they definitely look better than the ones i tried making last night. i just traced a pair of ds's pants. i guess i need to measure him tomorrow, and use your instructions. i put an extra layer in the wet zone, do you need to do that w/ longies?
The extra layer in the wet zone depends on how much absorbency the diaper underneath has, and what weight the wool is felted to I washed/dried my interlock blend twice and feel it's a nice weight, good enough to not have to use a doubler in the wet zone of the pants. My dd isn't that heavy a wetter, and we use pretty absorbant fitteds so I haven't had any trouble using just one layer covers (our wool covers are all just the one layer Luxe Baby covers and a 1 layer one I made out of the left over after the longies in the tutorial were made )

HTH, best of luck drafting/making your longies! I made some for my ds using a pair of his pants and I agree, without the measurements, that's not a great way to do it, the rise on his pants was way to long and then too short, same with the legs, measure well, less adjustments to be made later
Old 08-11-2008, 09:36 PM   #30
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Here are the ones I made this evening. It's the only fleece I had...

This is an AWESOME tutorial. This pair isn't perfect. I ended up having to put some elastic in the waist band and they fit much better. I have tweaked my pattern a bit and made another pair, but dd was already in bed. I can't wait to get her up in the morning and try them on!! It was a great starting point to follow the directions exactly and then try and tweak what you what to change about them to fit your lo perfectly!! SO EASY! THANKS MAMA! I was just getting ready to buy a pattern...turns out I won't need to!
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote