Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-05-2008, 02:14 PM   #1
violetsky1205
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Looking for help please!

My daughter will be 4 on October. She is still not potty trained. Though is in Underwear she still has many many accidents during the day and at night time. DH and I have tried everything with her just everything. Now it seems to be getting worse. She pees through her clothes every day and poops sometimes in places too.

We just do not know what to do.It is wearing us down. Here are a few things we have tried.

1. Rewards for going on the potty
2. Not making a big deal out of her accidents
3. new special underwear
4. New potty chair
5. reminding her to go on the potty all the time
6. Taking her to go on the potty every 15 mins -30 mins

I could go on and on...Has anyone been here before? Any advice.

Thanks,
Kelly

Advertisement

violetsky1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 02:24 PM   #2
piccolo41099
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Looking for help please!

I feel your pain. I have a 5 1/2 yr old son who refuses to potty train. He wears underwear as well. He pees in his pants MULTIPLE times a day, and poos a min of once a day in his pants. Our problem, he doesn't care and will sit in it till his bum bleeds.

If you figure this out please pm me I need your secret.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:17 PM   #3
violetsky1205
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

back to you....It is soo frustrating isn't it!!!
violetsky1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:48 AM   #4
bezbabe
Registered Users
seller

i'm gonna watch this thread because i have a little boy in my dayhome who turned 4 in may (right after his mom returned to work and he started coming to my house). he was fully toilet-trained before coming and was fine for the first couple of weeks and now they have him back in pull-ups because he will pee and poo his pants...at home, they have him wear only a bathrobe and they say that when he has to think of it he goes in the toilet but even if they put him in clothes or take him out, he'll still have accidents (not all the time but that's the same thing here...even in his pull-up, there will be some days where he'll go in the toilet once or twice and other times that he'll pee so much that his pull-up will leak) we actually had problems with our son for a while too because he thought if the other kid could pee his pants, then it was ok for him too...luckily we stopped that but we (me and his parents) have tried everything and we just don't get it...it's not like he doesn't get it; it just that he doesn't care.
it sure would be great if somebody out there had the miracle answer.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:41 PM   #5
betty14
Registered Users

No real help here, except to ask - at this point, have you ruled out any medical problem that could be at play?
betty14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:42 AM   #6
candcsmommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Have you tried nakedtime?
I have the same problems as you mamas. I thought we had tried everything, but we haven't tried naked time, just undies only time. Some of the reading I have ben doing suggests there is a difference.
I will try naked time today and tomorrow, then report back. Good luck. I feel your pain.
candcsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:44 PM   #7
mama22boys
Registered Users

naked time worked for my ds! if he had a diaper, pull-up, trainers, or underwear on he would always go in them. but when i let him roam free he knew there was nothing there to catch it so he would go sit on the potty and go. i never even had to remind him. he would just stop and say, "oh, i better go sit on the potty!" i did that for a week and then put him in underwear. he's been wearing undies for about a week now and doing pretty well. he's had a couple of accidents when he didn't want to stop what he was doing and go, and we're still having issues with pooping on the potty but we are definitely moving in the right direction. he is just finally "getting" it! i still do pull-ups when we go out but most of the time he stays dry. i think the naked time made all the difference!
Old 09-29-2008, 04:11 PM   #8
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama22boys View Post
naked time worked for my ds! if he had a diaper, pull-up, trainers, or underwear on he would always go in them. but when i let him roam free he knew there was nothing there to catch it so he would go sit on the potty and go. i never even had to remind him. he would just stop and say, "oh, i better go sit on the potty!" i did that for a week and then put him in underwear. he's been wearing undies for about a week now and doing pretty well. he's had a couple of accidents when he didn't want to stop what he was doing and go, and we're still having issues with pooping on the potty but we are definitely moving in the right direction. he is just finally "getting" it! i still do pull-ups when we go out but most of the time he stays dry. i think the naked time made all the difference!
Naked time works for us too. Problem is, we have to leave the house every day to do school pick ups, Mommy and Me Preschool twice a week and now and then errands and he obviously cant be shuttled around town like this. And I have a younger one I am still BF and he uses that as his poop time. DOnt know how to make it appealing and beneficial to HIM.

If you find the secret, PLEASE TELL!! I am at my wits end, like you.
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote