Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-05-2008, 09:02 PM   #11
TieNappyQueen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Halloween: What is your LO(s) going to dress up as?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amphibology29 View Post
I'm going to put the new baby in this because he/she is bound to need to nurse at least once while we're out trick or treating with DS and I think it'll be hilarious.

No idea what DS is going to be yet. He's super into Star Wars right now (thank you, DH... :eyeroll so if I can find something nice and not too expensive I might buy him a SW costume.
LOVE that idea but you can make that for WAY cheaper. Get white sweats for CHEAP and then if you don't sew, you can iron on with that no sew paper black fleece!!!
Oh and I feel ya on the SW thing I have to fight that dh won't brainwash E with that crap E is obessed with space and I like that he knows about REAL space stuff, all the apollo missions, rockets, astrounts, who was on what mission and where they went on the moon... he will be an astronaut, that is a given!

I was thinking of something spacey for J but the idea of an idea of J nursing in a cow outfit... well it is to awesome to pass up!

Advertisement

Old 08-05-2008, 09:08 PM   #12
Tavie and Ellie's Mom
Registered Users

My Mood:

We haven't decided on this year yet, but last year Octavia was a princess and Ellie was a strawberry. I think this year Ellie will wear her sister's old costume which was a butterfly, and I'm going to try and talk Octavia into being a princess again since it still fits.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:12 PM   #13
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

<-------See Avi for last year's costume. She was only 2 weeks old. Got it off eBay for $5 plus shipping.

This year, I'm so totally not sure. Her daddy's nickname is Bug, so maybe a LadyBug. I debated on doing that last year, but we didn't know her gender ahead of time and I knew I wouldn't have time to get one after. I may make her costume this year.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:13 PM   #14
foodie.yarnie.mommie.
Registered Users
Formerly: dimibella
seller

My Mood:

DD wants to be Dora and have baby brother who's due mid sept to be Boots, but we shall see about that, she's not even 3 yet and already coming up with this stuff, cracks me up. DS hasn't really said anything about what he wants to be yet. My mom has made both of DD's previous costumes and like 4 out of 6 of DS's. I love it and my mom loves making them and seeing them on her grandbabies.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:14 PM   #15
TieNappyQueen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computermama View Post
<-------See Avi for last year's costume. She was only 2 weeks old. Got it off eBay for $5 plus shipping.

This year, I'm so totally not sure. Her daddy's nickname is Bug, so maybe a LadyBug. I debated on doing that last year, but we didn't know her gender ahead of time and I knew I wouldn't have time to get one after. I may make her costume this year.
I was thinking bug to since we call Junah June or Junah Bug/Buggy
Old 08-05-2008, 09:14 PM   #16
mama2logan&evan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The boys love Monsters Inc. and Finding Nemo so I was going to try and find either Mike and Sully costumes or Nemo and Dorie or something (yes, I know Dorie is a girl, but they won't care).
Old 08-05-2008, 09:16 PM   #17
Meri
Registered Users

I sew all of their costumes and I've just recently asked our oldest what she wants to be--then I'll make a costume for her sister that will coordinate in some way. I'm pretty eager to get started--because I have never had to make two costumes and it takes a couple of weeks for each one.

2005.............................................. ......................2006

We didn't do costumes last year, though--because it was so soon after the baby was born.

Last edited by Meri; 08-05-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Meri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:54 PM   #18
ericak95
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My youngest DD is Scooby obsessed So I'm thinking she'll be Scooby, and even though my older DD doesn't have to match she says she wants to be Daphne.

Erica

Our previous years costumes -- both kids wore their very 1st costume 2 years in a row. I love both their costumes so much I'll never get rid of them and I would probably put them in this year too, if DH would let me.

Last year older DD was a ghost and younger DD was an octopus 2nd year

2006 DD#1 Cinderella

2006 DD#2 Octopus 1st year

2005 DD#1 Ladybug 2nd year

2004 DD#1 Ladybug 1st year
Old 08-05-2008, 10:37 PM   #19
irishmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

ericak95, I love the octopus, too cute

I love making our LOs costumes and right now DS is fascinated with the moon. Like we have to go outside to say goodnight to the moon every night. So this year DS is going to be the man in he moon, DD2 is going to be a star, and we're still deciding what DD1 is going to be. I'll have to get pics of years past. They are all on disc somewhere
Old 08-05-2008, 11:05 PM   #20
reesesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i love the octopus too!

my mom picked up R a bunny costume at a garage sale . . . and i bought some HA sleepers on here from a Mom w/ cats w/ pumpkins on their heads. i figure if i find nothing, or not that special something - i am covered.

Working Mama, trying to stay on cloth FT
reesesmom is offline   Reply With Quote