Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-07-2008, 12:59 PM   #1
prid5
Registered Users

My Mood:
Where to buy in Kitchener, Ontario

Hi Ladies, I'm new to CDing and I am wondering if there are any other ladies in my area that could give me some help. I'm looking for places in my area that sell cding supplies (especially laundry detergent). I know the Extraordinary baby shoppe does here in Kitchener, but their hours of operation are hard for me to get to. I'm mostly looking for detergent, wetbag/pail liner for dry pail, wipes solution though I've made up my own to try for now.
I went out last night to buy detergent and bought nature care only to find out from other sites that its not good for cding...argh! I would prefer to buy local and not have to pay for shipping but if I have to, then that's what I'll do. Thanks!

Advertisement

"Let me start off by saying that in 2000 I said, 'Vote for me. I'm an agent of change.' In 2004, I said, 'I'm not interested in change --I want to continue as president.' Every candidate has got to say 'change.' That's what the American people expect." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 5, 2008
prid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 06:22 AM   #2
carmemama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Where to buy in Kitchener, Ontario

EBS has changed their hours (again). Try checking their website to see if you can get in now. IKWYM about it being hard to get in. Call first too, to check stock!

Second time around shop at King and Water has Bummis wet bags, but no detergent or wipes solution. I have NOT had luck at Zehrs (even Beechwood with their natural section), or Bulk Barn, or Ebytown Coop. I mean to try some of the other natural food markets such as Full Circle, Kitchen Cupboard, and the one at Bridgeport and Devitt. I would try calling them to see what they have. I'd love to hear from you if you have any successes!

PM me if all else fails and you need a 'mule' .

Walk, for the path is made by walking - Camiante
carmemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 08:49 AM   #3
CDNMommyofmany
Registered Users
Formerly: CDN Mama of 4_08
seller
seller

Hi,
I don't live in Kitchener (I live near Barrie) and I use Tide pure essentials for my diapers-the white bottle with the lilacs...I love it, and I've also used the Arm and Hammer Naturals, green bottle. Both of these you can get anywhere...I've never used detergent specific to cloth, and I'm new to this too! Here, there are no cloth diaper suppliers at all, the only thing I have bought outside of this website is my flushable liners that I can get at Walmart...
There are some great sites that offer free shipping too, let me know what you're looking for and I can give you some ideas...
Michelle
Proud Stay-at-home-mama to 6 (including 4 preemies 29-35 weeks); who enjoys reading, homeschooling/unschooling and trying to make everyday as stress-free as possible for my 2 precious sons with Autism
CDNMommyofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 08:20 PM   #4
vcottere
Registered Users

My Mood:

For cloth diapers and accessories I shop at diapers n' more in KW on Erb Street in Waterloo or Diaper Days in Guelph on Harvard. I don't have enough posts to include their web addresses, but just google them. Both places have lots of selection and nice knowledgeable staff.

HTH
vcottere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 09:38 PM   #5
prid5
Registered Users

My Mood:

I found some wonderwash at Full Circle health foods, seemed kind of expensive though, on Charles street...went there because its impossible for me to get to extraordinary baby shop as they are only open till 4 now. I had no luck anywhere else either except Shoppers drug mart had the Arm and hammer essentials.
"Let me start off by saying that in 2000 I said, 'Vote for me. I'm an agent of change.' In 2004, I said, 'I'm not interested in change --I want to continue as president.' Every candidate has got to say 'change.' That's what the American people expect." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., March 5, 2008
prid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:52 AM   #6
yogging mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used to buy my Wonderwash from EBS .... they have great staff/service, but the hours were always a challenge for me as well.

I quit using Ww after several months of build-up / burn on my dd's bum - and switched to Tide Free and Clear (bought at Zellers for about $8) We have been using this routine for over a year and have not had any problems with stinkies, stains, build-up or burns.

For wetbag/pail liner try Diapers N More - they carry the Monkey Doodlez line which is very nice.

Or .... order online
Old 08-12-2008, 01:31 PM   #7
Kinga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Arm and Hammer essentials free is good stuff...when I go to London I stop at the chunky monkey and get Charlies soap. It's pricey, but lasts all year if I only use it for dipes. Works well. Otherwise, borax, vinegar and soap flakes makes for good home made detergent.

I didn't like the wonderwash myself.

And, as other said, order online, sometimes you'll get better prices with shipping in then buying et EBS.
Kinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 07:12 AM   #8
spearso
Registered Users

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that our hours are a challenge for ppl! We have extended hours on Saturday to be open from 10-4, we were open until 6pm on Thursdays, but we didn't get enough business to justify it (we're open until 6 pm in Ottawa two nights a week, and it's slow at that time too). I suppose we'd have to open until 9pm to capitalize on being open later, but b/c of the nature of the store (moms working with kids), that's not really feasible.

FWIW, Wonderwash is the same thing as Charlies Soap. We will be restocking Nellies soon is a larger, more economical format ($20/120 loads).

And lastly, the store is moving in the fall to a larger location, with better parking... we will be extending our hours, but no late-night shopping, I'm afraid.

cheers,
susie

PS -- we appreciate the local support.
spearso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:44 AM   #9
yogging mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was a regular at your store when I lived there (before I opened my own business) and the parking was a big problem - I'm sure you know that - as you are moving LOL.
Another thing I found, I would want to go and buy something on Friday - either for a trip or b/c it was payday or whatever, and you were not open on Fridays.
Other than that..... great ladies working in the store and very family friendly environment overall
Your store is one of the reasons I started using cloth - went in to check out carriers and ended up buying a kissaluvs to try

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearso View Post
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that our hours are a challenge for ppl! We have extended hours on Saturday to be open from 10-4, we were open until 6pm on Thursdays, but we didn't get enough business to justify it (we're open until 6 pm in Ottawa two nights a week, and it's slow at that time too). I suppose we'd have to open until 9pm to capitalize on being open later, but b/c of the nature of the store (moms working with kids), that's not really feasible.

FWIW, Wonderwash is the same thing as Charlies Soap. We will be restocking Nellies soon is a larger, more economical format ($20/120 loads).

And lastly, the store is moving in the fall to a larger location, with better parking... we will be extending our hours, but no late-night shopping, I'm afraid.

cheers,
susie

PS -- we appreciate the local support.

Last edited by yogging mom; 08-20-2008 at 08:45 AM.
yogging mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:22 PM   #10
Kinga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogging mom View Post
I was a regular at your store when I lived there (before I opened my own business) and the parking was a big problem - I'm sure you know that - as you are moving LOL.
Another thing I found, I would want to go and buy something on Friday - either for a trip or b/c it was payday or whatever, and you were not open on Fridays.
Other than that..... great ladies working in the store and very family friendly environment overall
Your store is one of the reasons I started using cloth - went in to check out carriers and ended up buying a kissaluvs to try
I agree, the ladies are ebs are great and friendly . I'm excited to hear you are moving to a bigger store. And why I didn't know the WW is the same as Charlie's! I didn't like it, so maybe i just had some pre-bias to it or something. I don't mind giving it another try, but I distinctly recall not really appreciating the out come. Hmmm.....
Kinga is offline   Reply With Quote