Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2006, 02:18 PM   #1
babydirtybike
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Not vaxing, but still autism?

I am just wondering if there are many moms around with kids that are autistic even though they never vaxed?

Not trying to create debate, just curious.

Advertisement

DD Maria November 2/2010

New baby coming March 2013!
babydirtybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:21 PM   #2
MommaBelt
waiting on response to fsot issue 4/11

Re: Not vaxing, but still autism?

My son was vaxed only until 6 months. And he DOES have autism. There has been alot of correlation with the MMR shot ( given at I belive 12 month shots) and my son never recieved those. I choose not to vax either of my babies, due to the high risk of autism ( my son was diagnosed with ASD and my daughter is neurotypical as of now )
MommaBelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #3
janendragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

it can happen without vaxes, vaxes arnt the only exposure to heavy metals.

SAHM to my crazy toddler
janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:31 PM   #4
MommaBelt
waiting on response to fsot issue 4/11

thats very true!
and heavy metals arent the only cause for autism
MommaBelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:33 PM   #5
GrandIsp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, my understanding is that one of the current theories is that vaxes can be a sort of 'trigger' for a predisposition that already exists in the brain/chemistry. So, a child can have some genetic factors that may point to autism, and if exposed to certain environmental factors they can develop autism. So, by not vaxing, if your child has some brain 'wiring' toward autism, there would be a better chance to avoid that developing into something 'diagnosable' if you didn't expose them to vaxes, but also other sources....there are lots of different ones. Some are in the womb already, others are in their diet, in the air, in medications, etc.

NOne of this that I'm saying is 'fact' necessarily- it's just my understanding of the theory that is out there, one of many. Hope it helps, though!
Old 10-10-2006, 03:18 PM   #6
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandIsp View Post
Yeah, my understanding is that one of the current theories is that vaxes can be a sort of 'trigger' for a predisposition that already exists in the brain/chemistry. So, a child can have some genetic factors that may point to autism, and if exposed to certain environmental factors they can develop autism. So, by not vaxing, if your child has some brain 'wiring' toward autism, there would be a better chance to avoid that developing into something 'diagnosable' if you didn't expose them to vaxes, but also other sources....there are lots of different ones. Some are in the womb already, others are in their diet, in the air, in medications, etc.

NOne of this that I'm saying is 'fact' necessarily- it's just my understanding of the theory that is out there, one of many. Hope it helps, though!
Yup! Exactly what I was going to say. (In theory) vaxes don't CAUSE Autism. They just "bring it out" in a child who already has a disposition for it.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 03:22 PM   #7
kingdink
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have two cousins (brothers) that are autistic, so I believe in the theory that it's already wired in and just brought out by the vaxes.

JoJee Creations Custom pencil portraits and knitted goods
kingdink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 03:24 PM   #8
janendragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't agree with that theory, i think heavy metal exposure, especially before the blood brain barrier closes is a huge contributor.

SAHM to my crazy toddler
janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:22 PM   #9
naturegirl7
Registered Users

My Mood:

The blood brain barrier is highly permiable in children - up until about age 2. It is more permiable in males than females. Hence why there is a disportionate number of male children with autism.

MMR has been linked cuz they have found the measles virus in the cerebral-spinal fluid of some autistic kids. It is believed that the measles virus crossed the blood brain barrier into the c-s fluid and thus is affecting the brain.

Heavy metal - such as mercury - also cause severe neurological damage and has been linked to autism. On a good note, you can undergo mercury (and other heavy metal) detox. It doesn't reverse the damge, but in some cases it can lessen the severity of it.

That said - autism is something that does occur naturally - but not at the rate that it is currently being diagnosed. The medical community claims that it is better detection and diagnosis - but honestly I don't buy that. The criteria hasn't really changed that much, but they had broaden the "spectrum" to accomodate the "new" types of austism that are occuring. I believe the heavy metal poisoning and the MMR are inducing autism or autism-like conditions (hence the broading of the spectrum) in many of our children.
naturegirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:43 PM   #10
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans_mum View Post
I don't agree with that theory, i think heavy metal exposure, especially before the blood brain barrier closes is a huge contributor.
I just think that there are too many kids that don't get autism that are getting the same vaxes as the others. There would have to be something different in the kids that do get the disease, otherwise everyone would get it. Does that make sense?
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote