Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2006, 11:25 AM   #11
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Atthe risk of sounding dumb.... help???

O.K, I SWEAR by this. Really, it is worth a try, but you need to go to the grocery store.

Buy a Ginger root from the vegie area of frys (or wherever) and slice part of it up. Boil it for about five or ten minutes.

I add a chamomile tea bag for taste.....and some lemon and sugar too.

Then let it cool a bit in a tea mug, and tell her to sip it, but that even if she doesn't want it to keep sipping it anyway.

It should make her tummy feel a LOT better within a 20 minutes. I have done this several times and it has worked every time. But only the fresh Ginger root works.

Also, for when she is ready to eat... Get her some pretzle sticks. Those taste better than saltines, and are very soothing.

AND, Jello water helps a bit too. But not cold, it will solidify as it cools.

Advertisement

Last edited by escapethevillage; 10-13-2006 at 11:27 AM.
escapethevillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:38 AM   #12
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage View Post
O.K, I SWEAR by this. Really, it is worth a try, but you need to go to the grocery store.

Buy a Ginger root from the vegie area of frys (or wherever) and slice part of it up. Boil it for about five or ten minutes.

I add a chamomile tea bag for taste.....and some lemon and sugar too.

Then let it cool a bit in a tea mug, and tell her to sip it, but that even if she doesn't want it to keep sipping it anyway.

It should make her tummy feel a LOT better within a 20 minutes. I have done this several times and it has worked every time. But only the fresh Ginger root works.

Also, for when she is ready to eat... Get her some pretzle sticks. Those taste better than saltines, and are very soothing.

AND, Jello water helps a bit too. But not cold, it will solidify as it cools.
That tea suggestion is a great idea. Ginger helps nausea, and chamomile is very soothing!
Old 10-13-2006, 11:44 AM   #13
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I made her some of my morning sickness tea. It has ginger, pepermint, chamomile, and lemon in it. it tastes good, and i think it will help. we will see...
Now my other dd(4 year old) is acting a bit lethargic..
so i am giving her the tea too..
Old 10-13-2006, 11:45 AM   #14
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing_butt_cloth View Post
I made her some of my morning sickness tea. It has ginger, pepermint, chamomile, and lemon in it. it tastes good, and i think it will help. we will see...
Now my other dd(4 year old) is acting a bit lethargic..
so i am giving her the tea too..
great idea!
Old 10-13-2006, 11:47 AM   #15
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFabMama View Post
great idea!
Thanks, since I am stuck here for the time being, and the gatorade is makingher puke, i had to get creative LOL

i am glad i bought an extra jar that i didnt need. Now i will have osme for when the kids get sick...
Old 10-13-2006, 12:04 PM   #16
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

They make pedialyte popcicles and that worked really well when I was pregnant and couldn't hold anything down. The otter pops just made me sick to my stomach because of all the sugar. Just keep giving her fluids (water will probably come up quickly so keep the pedilyte and stuff) Gatorade has a lot of sugar though and might be making her tummy hurt. The tea is great if she can drink it, some kids can't stand the stuff though.
Good luck mama
Old 10-13-2006, 02:09 PM   #17
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing_butt_cloth View Post
Ok, THis is my first stomache thing ihave dealt with for my kids.. She is starting to run a fever, so i know it is not food related now. but my dd ispuking like every 30min, and has an EMPTY stomache...

I am on my way to a neighbors house, to get some gatorade for her, but besides that, what do i do?? I normally would ask my mom the nurse, but she is camping. and i thought i would ask you. at the risk of sounding like a very insecure mother. ( i am that for sure) I know not to give her food, until she is holding down small amounts of liquids, but really,what else. I dont want to give her motrinoranything for 2 reason. Motrin can upset the stomache, and also i believe fevers are good, as long asthey arent too high. Hers is about 101.4

I constantly second guess myself as a mother when they are sick. I am afraid i have NO idea what i am doing. so ifanyone has any sugestions. PLEASE let meknow
I didnt read through al lof the responses yet, but Gatorade is the WORST thing that you can give a puking kid. There is TOO much sugar in it and can make the puling worse. If you can get to a store get some Pedialyte and give it to her as often as she can drink. If she throws it back up, give her more.

DOnt let her eat anything until she hasnt been throwing up for 60+ minutes, then if she wasnts some crackers or something give her just a few and see how she does.

The Pedialyte actually helps with a fever and if she is crying because of getting sick then the Pedialyte will also help with the snot drainage back into her throat whcih could make her throw up again.

I go through this with DS at least once right after his flu shot so it does work.
But DO NOT give milk, water, juice, sprite gatorade. Basically nothing heavy or sugary.

Crackers are the best thing to eat once the puking stops. If she doesnt like saltines then gold fish crackers work just as well.
DS wont eat much for the next 24 hrs after he gets sick, so he likes to eat a little Jello which is good as well bt only after the spell is over.

GOOD LUCK, its rough.