Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-10-2008, 11:21 AM   #11
TieNappyQueen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Phimosis after circumcision - help!

I am s sorry about all this! You have got some great advice here. How is dh handling it all?

Advertisement

Old 08-10-2008, 12:11 PM   #12
Javamama
HAHA! Wait. What?
seller

My Mood:

my son has his skin adhere to the tip of his penis and it had to be "fixed"
the dr. just gently pulled the skin back so it was not attached. this does not seem to be the same that your son is dealing w/ since there was no need for an rx.

i hope things are ok.

i know the adhering of skin is common though. most people don't realize they have to deal w/ it or it will be as though their child was never circ'd

Javamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #13
jollygoodANDgreen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No advice just to you & DS.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:29 PM   #14
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Old 08-10-2008, 12:33 PM   #15
Jordan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javamama View Post
the dr. just gently pulled the skin back so it was not attached. this does not seem to be the same that your son is dealing w/ since there was no need for an rx.

i hope things are ok.

i know the adhering of skin is common though. most people don't realize they have to deal w/ it or it will be as though their child was never circ'd
This same thing happened with my boys.

mama!
Old 08-10-2008, 06:59 PM   #16
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javamama View Post

i hope things are ok.

Actually you are not supposed to do anything with it. And it will never be as though your child was never circ'd. The structures removed during cicumcision will still be gone forever. The skin simply readheres during the bodies attempt to heal the wound. Unless this is affecting the child's ability to pass urine it should be left alone. As the child ages the adhessions will seperate on their own. Ripping the adhessions causes unnecessary pain for the child as well as further scarring of the penis and more chances for infection.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:25 PM   #17
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snangel View Post
Unfortunately this is more common then you were made to think by your dr.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meatal_stenosis
If he is still able to pee, I would leave it alone. It will re adhere, then later will begin to retract like an intact child. The more you mess with it (or the drs) the more scarring there will be. I am sorry this happened to you
This is a list of complications, it has some more info on meatal stenosis
http://www.circumstitions.com/Complic.html
I would not let ANYONE cut anymore off OR try to rip/force it back until you get several opinions!!!!

Sadly,I learned the hard way that not all doctors know what they are doing My 2 year old actually ripped down the side of his shaft and we have had many issues.I am reminded that what happened to our son was in a way my fault every single time I change his diaper.It is honestly a very hard thing to have to go through. I was once a very strong supporter of circumcision.I no longer am. Do I think my soon to be 3 month old looks a tad odd??Yup,honestly I do but you have no idea how good I feel that he was left intact.Our pedi almost forcibly tried to retract and I saw what she was about to do and grabbed her quick. I was told that he is going to look like a slug unless we go "get it done" then another mom said "it's ugly" but to me when I look at him I know he is perfect...there is no guilt or worry about his future s*x life every time I change his diaper.He looks normal,whole. If he wants it done later than thats up to him.I will be sure he reads all sorts of info though.

I am soooo sorry you are going to go through a rough time with your DS too.It really is tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris0110 View Post
Actually you are not supposed to do anything with it. And it will never be as though your child was never circ'd. The structures removed during cicumcision will still be gone forever. The skin simply readheres during the bodies attempt to heal the wound. Unless this is affecting the child's ability to pass urine it should be left alone. As the child ages the adhessions will seperate on their own. Ripping the adhessions causes unnecessary pain for the child as well as further scarring of the penis and more chances for infection.
yup to the above. The adhesions WILL correct themselves in almost every case.If you rip it back off it creates even greater loss of nerve endings,scaring etc. Another lesson learned with my first son

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:14 PM   #18
stephaniebrookeh5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 1st son has a LOT of skin that has readhered several times. One doctor pulled it back and it just reattached. Now, he is half attached, half exposed. It is really hard for him. He is age 7.5 now, and doesn't even want the doctor's to examine his penis. We have had infection issues, and creams. Now, we just make sure he is clean and tell him to alway pull his skin back when he is peeing just to work on the adhesion. He is ok. But, as he grows, the skin grows with him. So, he will always have this issue.

With my second son, we had the 2 hour long chat with the pediatrician....detailing what we wanted him to do with the circumcision.

I hope it works out
Old 08-23-2008, 09:43 PM   #19
naivete
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

poor boy
Old 01-27-2014, 10:40 PM   #20
BabyDallas
Registered Users

Bethanyb..this was 5 years ago so I'm very curious as to how it's turned out. My son sounds exactly like your post. He's 7 weeks. People replying to your ad (I believe) were understanding you incorrectly...they think buried penis-just pull it back etc but the issue is that the actual opening is like it's healing closed...like it's going to cover the pee hole...so pulling back isn't an option. I was pulling it back...until the hole got smaller and smaller an now very small, it won't go over the head. I'm afraid he won't even be able to pee out of it. We have a dr apt on Fri..but I feel like the best advice will be from you...someone who lived it.
Best to you. Thank you in advance!
BabyDallas is offline   Reply With Quote