Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-07-2008, 08:18 PM   #1
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Migraines that last several days?

Anyone else experiencing migraines that last several days? Any tips for getting rid of them? I am an old pro at migraines and I'm sure it's just the pg hormones but I have had 2 migraines in the last 2 weeks that have lasted several days each and it is really affecting my life and what I'm able to do with the kids, etc. . . So anyone else out there in the same boat? What do you do to get rid of your migraine?

Advertisement

Old 08-07-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
earena
Registered Users
seller

Re: Migraines that last several days?

Headaches suck, even a dull one can ruin your day. I know there are a couple mamas on here who have had this problem, I am sure they have some suggestions.

Want to make a real income staying at home? Ask me about ChaCha and how much I have been paid!!PM me for details!
earena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:48 PM   #3
tmrobinson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have no advice since I've had a headache/migraine for at least 6 weeks now that never completely goes away. I had the same thing with dd but not this bad and not this long so I am hoping it goes away soon. Unfortunately diet coke/caffeine does help a little. I also rarely go outside after noon since it's soooo hot and sunny out it's better if I stay inside in the AC.

tmrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:48 PM   #4
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbellishments View Post
I am a migraine sufferer as well mama so I feel your pain on this. My neurologist said that when I have a "cluster" of Migraines that seem to come and go for 2wks at a time, it is most likely just the same migraine that never really went away in the first place. Since Meds are a nono during pregnancy I would seriously look into acupuncture or chiropractic care....I am lucky and do not get them while pregnant.... Hugs mama.
I would prefer "cluster" migraines. . . at least then I'd get a break I've been having migraines that just last 3-5 days without letting up, even when I'm sleeping. We're talking nauseated, sensitivity to noise and light, pounding behind the eyes. . . one was 3 days, the other 4 or 5, but there were a couple of days in between them. It's been a couple days since the last one and I've stayed off the puter hoping they would stay gone, but it's just crazy. All I want to do is stay in bed and try to sleep the migraine off and I can't do that with 2 kids. I would love to do acupuncture or chiropractic, but money is short and I'm on pg medicaid and I don't think it would cover either. Right now I'm just crossing my fingers that they're over. Unfortunately, mine don't respond to meds even when not pg. I just seem to be getting more than usual and I think it's because I am pg.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:59 PM   #5
iKim
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you tried a BIT of caffeine? Maybe just a soda....?
Old 08-07-2008, 09:33 PM   #6
momto3Es
Registered Users
Formerly: momto2Es
seller

My Mood:

Mine have been lasting 2-3 days because I can't take my usual meds. I have a tension headache medicine that my OB gave me (Esgic-Plus...I think it's the same as Fioricet) and Vicodin that my neurologist gave me. Neither works worth a darn. My OB said she could put me on a prevention med (Propranolol) if they get too frequent. I've taken it before, but had some wicked side-effects, so I'm trying to avoid it.

When I get them, I use lots of ice packs! Wish I had the miracle cure for you! I hope you get some relief soon!
Old 08-08-2008, 08:15 AM   #7
earena
Registered Users
seller

My dr told me coffee because the caffeine shrinks the blood vessels.

Want to make a real income staying at home? Ask me about ChaCha and how much I have been paid!!PM me for details!
earena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:29 AM   #8
harvestsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been having a few a week. My dr said all the good migraine meds he doesn't suggest me using while pg. So he basically said deal with it til i just can't take it anymore, then he might give me something for the headaches.
happy to be married to Dustin 9/21/02 mom to Gabriel 4/7/98 reagan 10/26/03 Harvest 9/2/05 cry: : and Liberty 4/22/07. And coming in January baby #5, It's a girl!! WAHM making leggies, burp cloths, receiving blankets.
harvestsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:26 AM   #9
Infinity
Registered Users
Formerly: five-littlemonkeys
seller

My Mood:

There are meds that are safe if used occasionally!!!! I'd dye if I couldn't take anything. I've had migraines since I was 2yo and have had to either go to the ER for injections and have prescription drugs on hand at home for all but my 1st pg (this is #5 pg #6 LO). My Dr currently has me taking codeine and aspirin and I'm going in to see the neurologist soon.

Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote