Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
ldsmom06
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wood kitchen food spam me please!

I would like to get some wood kitchen food for my ds b.day. HE will be turning 2 and I have a 7m dd so I would like to get some wood food that my 7 m cannot choke on. I like the haba but its way to small I think. Any suggestions on brands etc..

Advertisement

Old 08-08-2008, 05:44 PM   #2
livvy1216
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Wood kitchen food spam me please!

I really like the Melissa and Doug brand. i have bought their play cutting food for every child i know this year most of the pieces aren't super small--but still use caution. i love the haba food too, but it is tiny. my 2yo still puts it in his mouth--the whole piece.

i have also seen fabric food. there is a mama here who sells it, but i don't remember her name. i've seen it elsewhere too, but don't know any brands..but they're super cute!
livvy1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:50 PM   #3
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by livvy1216 View Post
i have also seen fabric food. there is a mama here who sells it, but i don't remember her name. i've seen it elsewhere too, but don't know any brands..but they're super cute!
Here she is:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...63#post2477663
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:51 PM   #4
purity4grace
Banned
seller

My Mood:

HABA Their stuff is German but amazing! Pricey but very very durable and long lasting and worth it! I highly recommend! Check HABA out on google! I promise you if you buy anything by their brand you will not be disappointed! I am all about quality and not quanity.
purity4grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:48 PM   #5
threestraycats
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Haba food is nice but it is super small & a choke hazard. Also, some of our fruits have lost their stems & this even presents more of a choking hazard.

I LOVE the food by Erzi (wooden & from Germany & a bit better than Haba IMHO). The food is very realistic & is actually life-size. We also like the M&D cutting food but the paint does chip very easily.

Moolka.com sells Erzi food. We love their organic food collections along with their fruits & veggies.

If you also like wool food, I highly recommend Fair Trade Family--very high quality & the pieces are very reasonably priced. She is super sweet to work with & does made-to-order food as well if you contact her.

HTH
threestraycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 03:59 PM   #6
Cindyh
Registered Users
seller

I ADORE the cutting veggies from Plan Toys. I feel safe with just about all of the pieces (there are a couple of exceptions but she still does fine with them, we just keep an eye). They are pretty large and cut in half, stuck together with a heavy duty velcro and when you "cut" them with the wooden knife, they make a fabulous realistic noise and actually feel like you're cutting a real veggie! It's just the velcro splitting but it's SOOO fun. I've made everyone try it who comes to visit.

I also feel safe about the wood and the paints, seems like a good company from what i know.
Have fun!
Cindyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:02 PM   #7
armywife2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

wow, that erzi stuff looks nice ds is almost 1, and we're gonna buy him a kitchen and accessories for his second birthday, and i think thats what im going to buy

the melissa and doug stuff chips the paint really easily

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 02:40 PM   #8
caitigumbo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hearthsong and Magic Cabin both sell wooden food. Some of it may be Melissa and Doug, but I am not sure.
"One mustn't lose sight of the hard core, which is, do this, do that, love your friends and like your neighbors, be just, be extravagantly generous, be honest, be tolerant, have courage, have compassion, use your wits and your imagination, understand the world you live in and be on terms with it, don't dramatize and dream and escape."
--Rose Macauley, Towers of Trebizond
caitigumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 02:50 PM   #9
Guardandolaluna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by threestraycats View Post
Haba food is nice but it is super small & a choke hazard. Also, some of our fruits have lost their stems & this even presents more of a choking hazard.

I LOVE the food by Erzi (wooden & from Germany & a bit better than Haba IMHO). The food is very realistic & is actually life-size. We also like the M&D cutting food but the paint does chip very easily.

Moolka.com sells Erzi food. We love their organic food collections along with their fruits & veggies.

If you also like wool food, I highly recommend Fair Trade Family--very high quality & the pieces are very reasonably priced. She is super sweet to work with & does made-to-order food as well if you contact her.

HTH
OMG!! those are adorable!! they even have a pretend nutella!! I am all over it Thanks so much for posting this

Guardandolaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:56 PM   #10
threestraycats
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Glad to help!

I can't recommend their stuff enough!!

threestraycats is offline   Reply With Quote