Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2008, 07:02 PM   #1
kaoh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Our Adoption Story

Introducing our new little girl - Viviane Samaya Anjeli. We are calling her Vivie. She was born on 6/29 and we brought her home on 7/31. Its been a long and crazy week, but here is our story (sorry, a tad long...)

On Tuesday 7/29, we got a call from the agency that there may be a baby girl available and would we want to be considered. She was born 6/29 and when she was discharged form the hospital she went to a foster family until parental rights could be terminated and she could go to the chosen family. The birth mother had selected a family to adopt the baby when she was born. On Monday 7/28, the adoptive family backed out. So the agency had to choose a new family for the baby. The timing was difficult for us, and there were things about the birth mom and the baby’s situation that we hadn’t thought we would consider when we initially decided to adopt. But in the end we had to take a leap of faith. After all night discussions, we said yes, please consider us. Then we went into planning mode. If this did happen, and we were chosen, we’d have to pick up the baby on Thursday, and DH had no time off, so there were a few logistics to figure out if we were going to be able to go through with our decision.

So on Wednesday the social workers met and at 3 pm we got the call - - - that the baby was being placed with a different family. We were disappointed. But I admit we were a tad relieved as there are things going on here that made the timing a bit difficult. That day I went to the park and met up with a friend of mine. I was telling her how we almost had this baby, and I told her some of the things about the situation that had made us pause but yet surprised that we were willing to accept them afterall and how disappointed I was (this was our 3rd potential baby that we just lost out on). My friend said “Oh, this baby really needed you.” When I got home from the park I half expected to see a message from my social worker, but the message box was empty. By now I was just exhausted from being on such an emotional roller coaster. I crashed and napped for the next 3 hours.

At 10 pm my DH woke me up.
DH: “Um, the social worker just called. The baby is available again.”
Me: Wha…?”
DH: “The baby, she’s available. They want us to call back like now.”
Me: Wha…?”

We were in shock. The family the agency & BM chose as the 2nd adoptive family were unable to move forward. We learned a lot more about the BM, some of it good, and some of it stuff we had never thought we would consider. And there were still all the factors that made the timing difficult for us. But I couldn’t get away form the fact that this baby had come back to us. So on Thursday morning we told the boys we are picking us their little sister – that day!

And so here we are. Viviane has been home with us for a week now. She is such a doll and I am soooo smitten with her. I’m slowly getting the hang of managing the caos of 3 kids. I just can’t believe after all the planning and a year of waiting that I am finally holding her in my arms.

Advertisement

Old 08-08-2008, 07:05 PM   #2
patcheskitty
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Our Adoption Story

Oh she's adorable!! Congrats!
patcheskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:09 PM   #3
fallon
Black Sheep Boutique
seller

My Mood:

she's beautiful...congrats on the baby girl
fallon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:12 PM   #4
Kylie&Logan'sMommy
A Mommy's Work is Never Done
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

congrats momma! sounds like it was truely meant to be
Old 08-08-2008, 08:45 PM   #5
AlisonR80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations! She is adorable
Old 08-08-2008, 08:45 PM   #6
Mommi3130
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats momma!!
Mommi3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:55 PM   #7
jewelzbird
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ooooo she is a cutie pie!
Old 08-08-2008, 08:58 PM   #8
dmagsam
Registered Users
seller

You have a Beautiful new daughter, congratulations and thanks for sharing!
dmagsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:01 PM   #9
greenMImama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh what fun a new baby is, Yay, congratulations and thanks for sharing your story!

240/2014
greenMImama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:03 PM   #10
rwooley
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations! She is perfect!
rwooley is offline   Reply With Quote