Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-17-2006, 07:55 PM   #31
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What time is bedtime?

DS is 3 and he goes to bed usually between 10-11 sometimes earlier if he has been outside a lot or played hard. He cant and doesnt take a nap because if he does, then he will stay up till 2a.
He sleeps until about 9-10a unless his 3 yr old cousin is coming that day, then he is up at the crack of dawn waiting.

Advertisement

Old 10-17-2006, 07:58 PM   #32
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

I don't think 7 PM is too early. Every child is different. I just follow my kids cues, and create a schedule based on that.

Camden goes to bed around 7:00 PM every night. It is PERFECT for him--he gets WAY too cranky and overtired if he stays up later. He sleeps until about 7:00 AM or 7:30 AM some days.

Mason goes to bed between 7:30 and 8:00 PM---just depending on the day. He also sleeps until about 7:00 AM.

My boys are both very well rested and happy.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:03 AM   #33
DiapeyMom
Registered Users
seller

My 2.5 yr old dd goes to sleep between 7:30 & 8:30 and wakes up at 6:00. We let her fall asleep on the couch and then carry her to her bed. Is this wrong? Maybe we should be putting her in her bed to fall asleep, but that just turns out to be a constant battle with her getting out of her bed over and over again. Also, dh and I were asking ourselves if we should have a firm bedtime for her instead of just when she falls asleep. Any comments on that?
DiapeyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:55 AM   #34
tillers72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jeremy is 1 and goes to bed at 7pm
Alex is 4 (he plays hard all day at kindergarten) and is in bed by 7.30

Alex really could go to bed at 7, but I have to give Jeremy some time to get to sleep and they both wake up between 0630 and 0700

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 12:14 PM   #35
babygirls2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thumbs up Re: What time is bedtime?

My oldest is 2.5 and she goes to bed between 7:00 and 8:00, my youngest is 8.5 months and she goes to bed around 8:00....It really depends if they have had a good nap or not. Usually they are so tuckered out at the end of the day they need to go to bed early! Plus that gives my DH and I a chance to reconnect before he goes to work. (He works night shift.) I don't think you should change their bed time!! Children need sleep and I think most don't get enough! Every child is different and if they are used to going to bed that early then they have great sleeping habits started for them! Just remember that when we sleep our immune system is recharged, our bodies are energized, and our minds are fresh! Don't you feel great after a long night of rest??? I think it is great that they go to bed at 7!!! Great job mama!!!!!
babygirls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:34 PM   #36
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapeyMom View Post
My 2.5 yr old dd goes to sleep between 7:30 & 8:30 and wakes up at 6:00. We let her fall asleep on the couch and then carry her to her bed. Is this wrong? Maybe we should be putting her in her bed to fall asleep, but that just turns out to be a constant battle with her getting out of her bed over and over again. Also, dh and I were asking ourselves if we should have a firm bedtime for her instead of just when she falls asleep. Any comments on that?
We still have to rosk DS and he will be 3. If we put him to bed to before he is asleep then he just gets right back up or lays there and talks and plays and wont go to sleep for hours.
If we put him on the couch with Shrek in or something then he will go to sleep, but he wakes up really easy when we pick him up.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:22 PM   #37
blissfullyblessed
Registered Users
Formerly: kerstynsmom
seller

My Mood:

I didn't read everyone else's replys, but up until recently my 15 month old went to bed at 7 and woke around 7. She started going to sleep at that time around 10 months, and just recently has started going to bed around 8-9 - thank God since time will change soon!

I seriously hated how people were always telling us "oh she goes to bed too early". I was like well that's what works, and if it aint broke... - - every child is different, and some people just really need to mind to their own families, and leave their noses out of everyone else's...
blissfullyblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 05:30 PM   #38
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout18 View Post
What time do you put your children to bed and what are their ages? I have a 4, 2.5 and 1 yr old. My older two are in bed by 7pm most nights sometimes earlier depending on if they had a nap. They usually go right to sleep and don't wake till 6:30-7am. I've had talks with out parents in the area and they say I'm putting my boys to bed too early but I don't think so as anytime after 7 and they are cranky in the morning. My one year old doesn't really have a bedtime but usually goes to bed about the same time. Just wondering what everyone else does.
ITA! Both of my kids are on a schedule ever since they've been a baby and by now they both go to bed around 7pm. DD (4.5years) sometimes 7:30-8pm on the weekends, DS sometimes already around 6pm if he had a short nap. -He switched from 2 naps of 3hrs total to only one for 1-1.5, max 2hrs and is often up since noon and by 6pm he just crashes and is ready.
Both sleep 12hrs through the night (DD was always a good sleeper since she was 4mo. old, DS took a little longer) unless they're sick.

I personally find it important for them to have their 'strict' times and honestly, since DH and I go to bed at 10pm, 11pm latest, I'd also like to have ~3hrs to myself/with DH alone.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:56 AM   #39
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD goes to bed between 6 and 6:30PM and sleeps until 6/6:30AM. Keeping her up later only results in less sleep (she always gets up early) so this is what works for us. We stick to this routine 90% of the time. She is 16 months old and has had this bedtime pretty much since 6 months of age (though it was 6:30/7 at that time).
Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:31 AM   #40
laneylue+2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD is 19 months old and goes to bed around 10pm. She wakes at 9am.

I am a SAHM so this was always ok with me because I am not a morning person. There are some nights, though, that I really wish she was one of those babies who went to bed at 8pm.
laneylue+2 is offline   Reply With Quote