Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-12-2008, 01:38 PM   #21
Violet1983
Registered Users

Re: wool lovers - convince me! :(

thanks mommas!

yes, only one insert is good enough for our DD. I can go w/o changing for about 2 hours, but I dont go that long. When at home, we use a fitted w/o a cover, and seriously after one pee, its soaked. I end up changing them every half hour. Prefolds, forget about it. I go through one like every 15 min, b/c im not a very good snapper/pinner, and it tends to just seep out.

So some people seriously put a fitted, then a soaker, then a wool whatever? isn't that total big butt?!

Advertisement

Mommy to Aleena Noelle 11/07 and expecting another little girl in Dec!
Violet1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:46 PM   #22
upcycle mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet1983 View Post
thanks mommas!

yes, only one insert is good enough for our DD. I can go w/o changing for about 2 hours, but I dont go that long. When at home, we use a fitted w/o a cover, and seriously after one pee, its soaked. I end up changing them every half hour. Prefolds, forget about it. I go through one like every 15 min, b/c im not a very good snapper/pinner, and it tends to just seep out.

So some people seriously put a fitted, then a soaker, then a wool whatever? isn't that total big butt?!
It would just be a fitted, then a wool piece (a soaker, shorties, longies, or skirty) maybe a doubler inside at night
upcycle mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:56 PM   #23
millerjess
Registered Users

Can you use wool soakers (or fleece soakers for that matter) just over a prefold (with possibly a doubler in there as well) ?

-Jessica
millerjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 02:01 PM   #24
upcycle mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerjess View Post
Can you use wool soakers (or fleece soakers for that matter) just over a prefold (with possibly a doubler in there as well) ?

-Jessica
PF with wool soaker (or shorties or longies) is all I use 100% of the time. We use a doubler at night
upcycle mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 02:06 PM   #25
starryeyedgyal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Your wool is only as good as the diaper underneath. That's why people are suggesting a doubler.

I usually alternate between two wool pieces a day. Make sure your wool is properly lanolized. I use Katie's Ewe Need It woolie washes and sprays. (But she's closed for now)

For touch ups in between washings I spray the wetzone down with lanolin spray. That can help with the dampness too.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:17 PM   #26
mommy2alex2004
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aecryan View Post
Here it is:
http://understandinglaura.blogspot.c...t-lanolin.html

Lanolizing your wool will stop the dampness. You should be able to use your wool for a couple of weeks depending on how often your LO wears it.
That's the link I was going to provide but here is the correct link. Something is wrong with yours but here is the correct link.
http://understandinglaura.blogspot.c...t-lanolin.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama z View Post
I'm a wool junkie but don't see how you can get away with one pair for a full day even when properly lanolized. My LO pees little bits frequently and when in wool I have to alternate between two soakers/shorties.
Am I the only one?
I may use one pair of shorties per day as sometimes I use fitteds/wool and then switch to pockets with civvie pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyedgyal View Post
Your wool is only as good as the diaper underneath. That's why people are suggesting a doubler.

And I also agree with all of the posters that say you may need to wash and relanolize. If you have baby shampoo and lanolin...you are set and ready to wash/lanolize.
Ask me how!
mommy2alex2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:00 PM   #27
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyedgyal View Post

So what is the great diaper underneath? I have a collection of wool but not a collection of fitteds (that I like anyways)!
Old 08-12-2008, 03:19 PM   #28
karlakc
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarag View Post
So what is the great diaper underneath? I have a collection of wool but not a collection of fitteds (that I like anyways)!
I might be the only one in the CD world who hates bamboo, but I love LOVE my hemp fitteds with a wool cover.

As for dampness, sometimes my covers are a little damp on the inside, but they are always dry on the outside. DD's bedsheets & blankies are dry and stink-free. But since they get a little damp on the inside, I like to rotate and let the one I just use dry while she's wearing another.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:22 PM   #29
tamarag
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Which fitteds do you use?
Old 08-12-2008, 05:41 PM   #30
Violet1983
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarag View Post
Which fitteds do you use?

I use some wahm fitteds, mainly flannel. I have 1 SOS diaper, that doesn't do the job and kind of umm. yeah.

I want to try good ones, but really don't know which to try, I heard good things about hemp and its absorbancy...

Mommy to Aleena Noelle 11/07 and expecting another little girl in Dec!
Violet1983 is offline   Reply With Quote