View Poll Results: Do you really say mean things or expect and explanation from FFing mamas?
Yes 3 1.30%
No 204 88.70%
Sometimes 23 10.00%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2008, 11:35 AM   #11
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you really say mean things or expect an explanation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottycat View Post
I had to ff for medical reasons, also. I had several rude comments made to me about how I was depriving my ds and such things. No one on here has seemed particularly rude but out there in the big old world it does happen.
Thank you, I'm strictly speaking of on DS though.

Advertisement

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:37 AM   #12
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't say mean things about how people feed their child because it is their choice. I did BF for a year mostly because I looked at how expensive formula was and didn't want to buy it. But, I realize people can't do that so I can't be mean. I do make comments to people who complain about having to buy diapers and how expensive they are (sposies), but usually the comment is "hmm, I can't remember the last time I HAD to buy diapers" (Wanting to buy diapers does not count). I am sure there are plenty of people that do say mean things though just because that's the way the world is.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:37 AM   #13
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
Was this a recent thing? A while ago? I do hear this referenced a lot, but no clue when it happened.
I saw it last month, but i dont know when the post was actually written.
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:38 AM   #14
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edensmomma View Post
I saw it last month, but i dont know when the post was actually written.
thanks

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:39 AM   #15
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsStripe View Post
I don't say mean things about how people feed their child because it is their choice. I did BF for a year mostly because I looked at how expensive formula was and didn't want to buy it. But, I realize people can't do that so I can't be mean. I do make comments to people who complain about having to buy diapers and how expensive they are (sposies), but usually the comment is "hmm, I can't remember the last time I HAD to buy diapers" (Wanting to buy diapers does not count). I am sure there are plenty of people that do say mean things though just because that's the way the world is.
But it wasn't a choice for me. I HAD to FF. That was the part that killed me...
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:39 AM   #16
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't think its meant to be mean when its said, but i guess it is just a very sensitive subject for a few of us.

I do think however, that there are some extreme pro-bfing mamas on here, that are very active in stating their views on formula, and on mamas who choose formula.

Also i think that by voting in a poll (that was put in the formula feeding forum, for FF mamas) and saying that you don't think there should be FF smileys....well i take that as kinda mean, maybe its just sore toes being stepped on, but i think its a little unnecessary for you to vote against something that dosn't affect you in the slightest....
Old 08-13-2008, 11:40 AM   #17
Blake&CaitlynsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow! How snotty of moms!! we are all moms. I tried to BF with both mine. And wanted so badly to BF my second since my first was not successful, but I dried up at 3 weeks. No matter HOW much I Breast fed her or pumped or met with BFing counclers. I would pump and pump and let her feed to stimulate more, and I'd get down to 1/2 oz a day and I'd STILL feed it to her until I dried up completly.

I think that is sooooo UGLY of a woman, and fellow mommy to treat FF moms differently and to go as far as to NOT buy from them??? like their stuff is tainted??? Ew I don't want to CATCH what a FF mom has???? GRRRRRRR!!!!

Im so sorry for you FF moms who have faced that. talk about discrimination!!
Old 08-13-2008, 11:41 AM   #18
arrowbabie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am a bfing momma. I don't know anyone IRL that bfs or cds, so usually I am the one receiving comments. DS is just 8 months and I have BEEN hearing, you're STILL bfing, etc. So I know how it feels, I would NEVER make rude comments to another momma for the way she chooses to care for her baby. We all have different lives and situations, and I feel, not only on this topic, but on all aspects of life: until you've walked in someone else's shoes, don't judge. SS for those ffing mommas who are being led to believe they are depriving their los. IMO, breast is best, however, ff is PERFECTLY fine! Otherwise, there wouldn't be formula as an option.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:49 AM   #19
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...choose+formula

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...choose+formula

just a couple
Old 08-13-2008, 11:53 AM   #20
aiyana4969
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

it goes both ways. When I was BF'ing I got alot of flak from anti-BF'ing people around. FF'ing I get flack about not BF'ing. It doesn't matter which way you choose to feed your child, SOMEONE is going to have a problem with it.
I don't get alot on here but shopping using WIC checks for formula I've heard grumbling and muttered rude comments about leeching off the goverment for free formula because I don't want to be inconvienced by BF'ing. They do not know why I'm FF'ing and I usually ignore it. Had a bad day once though and told a woman to keep her unwanted comments to her self and that I'm all for BF'ing but I donated bone marrow and something about the anesthesia used dried up my supply and no matter what it WOULD NOT return. But a baby boy was alive because of it and FF'ing isn't going to kill my baby. She didn't look like she believed me so I pulled up the back of my shirt a little and pointed to the scars.

Then I got even angrier that i felt I had to explain myself.

But I've had people get upset when I was BF'ing too in public (and I cover for my own comfort). People are just rude no mater what.

However, I'll never demand an explanation or say anything bad to a FF'ing or BF'ing mom. A baby grows well and healthy no matter which way you feed him/her.