Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2008, 03:41 PM   #21
knoxmama81
Registered Users
seller

Re: You know what's sad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersonshine0407 View Post
So sorry!!

I'm another one who brought DS1 with me to the 20 week u/s. (DH was there, too.) DS was 2years 4 months at the time and a wild man. We were not looking forward to it, but had no choice. We brought tons of little things for him to do and some snacks.
If your DS has a hard time sitting still then maybe you or DH can go out and get a special surprise and snack to pull out for this appt. Maybe you can let him get out some energy before the appt. Then only have DH and him come back to the room for the actual ultrasound and pull out the treat/surprise while you are back there if you need to. It will keep him occupied during the ultrasound (which should only last 5 mins.) after that for the rest of the appt. DH can take him outside or somewhere that he can walk around.

It will be ok! I wouldn't cancel. DS needs to get used to behaving appropriately in offices/ at appts. etc. He is bound to have to go to appointments with you when you have the twins so this will be good practice.

Good luck!

Advertisement

Last edited by knoxmama81; 08-13-2008 at 03:43 PM.
knoxmama81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:44 PM   #22
Javamama
HAHA! Wait. What?
seller

My Mood:

I am sorry. Can't you take him with you?
It would be more work for you but it would be ok...
hugs.
i do hate it when it feels like you do a lot for others and then when you need assistance NO ONE is around or they say NO. GRRRRRRRRRRR!

Javamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #23
owensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My DS went w me to my all of my US appts! He sat in the chair like a big boy & ate his snack. He even crawled up into the bed with me to comfort me when I found out I was having twins & screamed/cried out of sheer terror
Old 08-13-2008, 03:52 PM   #24
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

DS just came in for our first ultrasound with Dh and I. No questions asked at all.
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:54 PM   #25
I Smile Because Of Them
Registered Users
seller

Location: I'm only passing through here as my real home is in Heaven!
My Mood:

We took both our 3 year old and our 1 year old to our U/S appointment. They didn't bug at all. My 3 year old was excited to see the baby and well my 1 year had no idea what was going on. But it was nice.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:00 PM   #26
Ashwin'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: onebumatatime!
seller

My Mood:

Exactly - we do this for everything - DH seems to always have to take him out or away LOL!

Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxmama81 View Post
Just take him with you! My DH and I almost never can find a sitter, so we took our 2 yr old with us to our ultrasound. We all went back together and DH held DD. It was no big deal. If your DS gets fussy your DH can take him out.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:36 PM   #27
starbuckmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had forgotten to check up on the replys to this thread, silly me! A friend is going to come over with her son who is a year younger than ds and they have fun together.

The reason I am having a problem with taking him is that these two babies will probably be our last babies and I want to enjoy an appt with my dh and want the time to be enjoyable for dh too. I have taken ds to plenty of appt whether it be the ob's, chiroprator, dentist, etc and he does ok. I have been trying to teach him to sit still but for an almost 3 year old, it's hard. I can't concentrate on the appt when I am trying to teach him to stay out of cupboards, doors whatever. If he was more laid back, then yes, I wouldn't hesitate to take him.
I really don't want my dh to miss this appt. I don't want him to miss seeing his last 2 babies before they arrive in January. It's too important to both of us.
I would have my parents come, but, my dad is a truck driver and who knows where he will be tomorrow and my mom just had breast cancer surgery 4 weeks ago and is still trying to recover.

ETA: This is my big ultrasound where they check everything. I am 19 weeks. Also, they are checking 2 babies so it is going to take longer. I cannot in my right mind make my very energetic, very curious, almost 3 year old sit for about an hour. Not fair to him.
I have taken him to other appts and he does ok, but I cannot talk with my ob about issues or concerns when I am constantly asking my ds to sit still or to get out of something.

Last edited by starbuckmom; 08-13-2008 at 08:38 PM.
starbuckmom is offline   Reply With Quote