Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-11-2006, 11:20 AM   #1
Trishalynn
Banned
seller

My Mood:
fell down stairs

ugh I fell down a few stairs last night, fell backwards into the banister and then down about three stairs on my bum. so I'm really sore and still now! baby seems fine, moving normally and it wasn't a hard fall anyway. But what can I take/do for pain relief? tylenol just doesn't seem to help and the heating pad isn't making me feel better, mostly its my hips that hurt so thats an odd place to get heat to anyway lol. I'd try a bath, but our bathtubs so shallow that it really wouldn't help lol. Any suggestions? thanks!

Advertisement

Trishalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #2
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: fell down stairs

hmmmm i was going to say a bath lol but that's not an option. i know there's something and it's right there in my head and on the tip of my tongue but just not coming out! i have prego brain right now haha. i'll let you know as soon as it come out! one thing you could try is wrap some rice VERY tightly in cloth and pop it in the microwave until it's warm and that might be easier to get to your hips than a heating pad.
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:18 PM   #3
MammaGehl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh no! that can be real scary -- I am so glad the little one is ok!! do you ever go to a chiropractor? I would make an appt if you do. That is how I got rid of most of my pregnancy pains. Hope you feel better soon!
Old 05-11-2006, 03:39 PM   #4
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Man, I don't know. I'm sorry you fell though. I fell a couple weeks ago at a resturant. My youngests thumb got shut in the big door and I slipped on the smooth cement with my wet flipflops...I was so scary...and I was so sorry after ward. I had DH give me a message....Hope you feel better soon!

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:46 PM   #5
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

OMG, I did the same thing when I was pregnant with Aydin, except I was holding my then two year old at the time. I was soooo sore for days, and I had a horrible bruise on my lower back. I'm sorry you hurt!
Old 05-11-2006, 09:41 PM   #6
Christy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm so sorry! I'm glad the baby is okay. I hope you feel better soon!
Old 05-18-2006, 10:49 PM   #7
beckymomof2
Formerly BeckyE***
seller

My Mood:

That sounds like a fall. Last time I was pregnant I was holding my dog's leash and he drug me into a truck - face first. I was ok though. Anyway about the pain... I have had severe back pain since about 8th grade and Tylenol does NOTHING for me. Most people would probably disagree with this but my doctor perscribed me Vicodin for while I am pregnant. It is a narcotic but supposedly doesn't harm the baby. I know most moms probably wouldn't agree since most everyone here tries to go the natural way... but that is a drug option if your doctor is comfortable with it. I just try to use it as seldom as possible.
beckymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:51 PM   #8
rds989
Registered Users
seller

How far along are you? When I was pregnant w/dd my doc told me to take alleve when I got pleurisy (long story) but I remember her mentioning it was not okay for the whole pregnancy. Maybe you should call your ob/mw.

My old DS feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...?topic=11507.0
rds989 is offline   Reply With Quote