Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2006, 06:24 PM   #11
Jemgirl

Toe Jam anyone?
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lilly's not pooping!!

TOTALLY normal! My boys would sometimes go over a week and closer to 10 days! But yeah, watch out for the blow outs

Advertisement

Old 10-16-2006, 09:29 AM   #12
sweetalex
Registered Users

Around 6 weeks my son went from several times a day to only 1 time every 6 days. The Ped told us that because BM is SO nutritious, the need to eliminate is just not there as often.

As long as your daughter is not straining, she should be ok. I will say though that when my son DID go? It was 3 or 4 diapers in a row and he usually blew out of all of them.
sweetalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:11 AM   #13
babygirls2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wink Re: Lilly's not pooping!!

Sounds normal. My DD's pedi said that BFed babies absorb almost all of the nutrients and leave little waste. Can you imagine how bad I freaked out when my DD started pooping only 1 in 2 weeks!!!!! For real!!! But when she decided to go she went to or three times in that day, and it was GROSS!!!! (We use sposies on the BM days. ) Now since she is on cereal in the AM she goes a/b every 3 or 4 days. It is nice not having to worry a/b 6-8 BMs a day though!!! I remember one of the days she decided to go, we were in Walmart and I was just running in and right out...I didn't take the diaper bag! She pooped all over her sling, me, her clothes.....:babypoop: It was horrible!!!! So now the diaper bag goes EVERYWHERE with a change of clothes for both of us!!!

Forgot to say, Maddy was a/b 2 months when the poop saving began...I wouldn't worry to much unless it seems like she is trying and straining...etc...like she is constipated.
babygirls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:31 AM   #14
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My Lillie (6 weeks) just went two days this past week, and I was concerned. Then she had a major-up-the back-ruin-the-shirt blowout. The nurse I talked to said it is normal for the schedule to change, and just to be worried if the bms are hard.
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:46 AM   #15
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:

Totally normal! Nothing to worry about mama! My ds is was like that too when he was that age and now at almost 5 months he poops daily again! Seems like once you get into a schedule it changes again!
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 11:01 AM   #16
tealeaf
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It sounds completely normal, but if you are very worried you can try taking a rectal temperature with lots of vasaline. I used to to this with my dc's to stimulate them if needed. It won't hurt in any way if you do it correctly and is good practice for when she may get a fever.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:59 PM   #17
tasbaby
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is completely normal and unless she is acting miserable, there's no need to worry or do anything to "help." Just enjoy the pee only diapers and watch out for the big one! It's bound to happen when you are out and about somewhere. We were at church one time and took DS out of his carseat and he had soaked through everything!

Tina
tasbaby is offline   Reply With Quote