Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2006, 07:51 PM   #1
sos710m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Wiggle Worm Bottoms

I'm curious, are their PUL covers essentially pocket diapers? You are supposed to pick your inner fabric, but my Bummi whisper wrap covers don't have fabric on the inside. I don't understand how these work, but I'd like to get some...they are very cute!

Advertisement

sos710m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:59 PM   #2
momtophr
Banned
seller

Re: Wiggle Worm Bottoms

no they are not pockets they are covers- but they are lined with a soft fabric so it is more plush against babies skin. you can get them with a snap in sleeve that you stuff with the stuffing of your choice and then just snap in which makes them more like and AI2. WWB are awesome covers you wont be disappointed!!
momtophr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:04 PM   #3
sos710m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ugh, for some reason it won't let me sign up as a new customer (it keeps going to an error screen). Boo, that Air Force cover was sooo cute and would've been neat. Oh well, maybe it'll still be there tomorrow!
sos710m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:37 PM   #4
jennylou
Registered Users

I have a question about WWBs too. If the inner layer is fabric, is it not like other covers that you can use over and over? I mean, it'll be wet and then the cover needs washed, whereas, with my MEAFs, it doesn't really have a fabric to wet onto - am I making sense?

Do these covers basically need washed with every use?
Old 10-24-2006, 07:59 PM   #5
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use our over snappi'd PF's or Fitteds so we don't have to change the cover with every change but I do let it dry between changings if it has gotten a little damp just like any other cover.

I have never used the snap in thingy juts might have to get me one to try. LOL

So with the way we use them I'm not sure that the inner fabric, for being nice against baby's skin, really matters all that much since it's covered with a PF or fitted anyway.

I like them they are super cute but I have had wicking issues with mine, I got mine used, but I think that was more on days when she has gone a little longer between changing for some reason or another.

I do find them kind of bulky though they are definately not trim, at least on my DD.

I might get a custom with snaps and the snap in and see how that goes though because they are super cute.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:21 PM   #6
momx2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love mine!!

no, you don't have to wash with every wearing... I just air them out...I have 3 covers and I alternate between the 3, but I have tons of the insert sleeves which I stuff with MF inserts.

I got customs done, so I chose the fabrics I wanted and sent them in to her. LOVE it!!
momx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:29 PM   #7
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

I just got some customs that I orderd in the mail. Is it just me or does anyone else think that the quality of these has gone down recently?
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:32 PM   #8
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller

I have 5 custom WWB's and they're the only covers I use (besides wool). I aboslutely LOVE them!

A word of advice: If I had it to do over again I would have had Amy make all of mine with crushed panne or suedecloth inners. As it is I have three with anti-pill fleece inners and they're much bulkier than my 2 with crushed panne inners. The crushed panne is soooooo pretty and sooooo soft and it stays looking great wash after wash after wash. Unfortunately my fleece lined WWB's got washed with some pf's and they will forever have pf fuzz stuck to them.

Anyway, go ahead and order 1...or 2...or 5!! You won't be disappointed!!
Old 10-24-2006, 09:34 PM   #9
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
I just got some customs that I orderd in the mail. Is it just me or does anyone else think that the quality of these has gone down recently?
Hmmm, I haven't ordered any in a few months but the ones I have are superb workmanship. Like...some of the best wahm sewing I've ever seen!!

On a totally unrelated note...I'm so glad to see I'm not the only anti-boo'er here!!
Old 10-24-2006, 09:56 PM   #10
offlikeapromdress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I absolutely love my WWb and have a ton of them. I get the ones with snaps and the snap in cover. I have my inners as suede and its soo soft. I stuff the sleeve with a prefold and as long as its just pee, i just toss the whole sleeve in my diaper pail and snap in a new sleeve. I have a rock n roll print, elvis print, Cars movie print, and a navy sailor print. Id like to get a few more. I love these dipes.