Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2006, 10:21 PM   #1
kingdink
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Nipple pain coming back?

What might be causing this? I have been nursing my son for over 5 months and the pain went away a loooong time ago. Now it has come back on my right side. Like, inside the very tip of my nipple...does that make sense? It hurts most when he starts to nurse and eases up as he continues, but it will feel achey and sore to the touch when he's not nursing. What's the deal? Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

JoJee Creations Custom pencil portraits and knitted goods
kingdink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 10:30 PM   #2
Lucky Child
AKA The Evil Twin
Formerly: rrandle
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nipple pain coming back?

oh this happened to me right when tyler was about six months. It lasted for a week or so b/c his latch was jsut a little bit off... i think he got a bit lazy (as did I)... could that be it?
Old 10-15-2006, 10:35 PM   #3
GrandIsp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You might have a clogged duct or one of those blister things that cover up one of the duct openings - can't remember the name. I had recurring problems with this from when my son was 6wks until about 3 months. I think that I had thrush that was in the ducts after much research and consultation and it just ended up causing a myriad of problems. Here's what helped me (you could try one or more of these, but I really recommend the probiotics, lecithin, and GSE):

-hot compress before nursing
-try some of the different nipple creams recommended on kellymom.com
-take probiotics every day (the refridgerated kind for live active ones)
-take soy lecithin every day
-take Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) every day
-cut out sugars from your diet

if the pain is really bad take a little advil - i had pain so bad that I would just sit and cry and sweat for about 30 minutes to an hour after each feeding. Ugh!

Anyways, hope some ofthis helps!
Old 10-15-2006, 10:45 PM   #4
kingdink
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrandle View Post
oh this happened to me right when tyler was about six months. It lasted for a week or so b/c his latch was jsut a little bit off... i think he got a bit lazy (as did I)... could that be it?
I was wondering if this might've been it because it almost feels bruised and beat up. It seems to be getting worse though, which I suppose it possible, but is it likely? I have no idea. Was there something you did to help it? I don't even know how he would be latching wrong...could he have just done something once and it isn't getting a chance to heal up?

Leidy, I was wondering if it might be an infection of some kind, but would it have spread by now? It's still so localized. Again, no clue. I suppose I'll look on Kellymom and see what I can find out.

This is just so frustrating that once things are going well, something like this throws a wrench in it. I just don't know what the heck is going on.

JoJee Creations Custom pencil portraits and knitted goods
kingdink is offline   Reply With Quote