Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2008, 09:46 PM   #11
medaroge
Registered Users
seller

Re: I found my daughter!!

Thinking of you both, I hope she calls soon!

Advertisement

medaroge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:35 PM   #12
mom2joshkayleighaubrey
Registered Users

My Mood:

Keep us updated..I was adopted...my biological sister and I were both adopted together, I only know my birth parents names, but from what I've heard, they are divorced have remarried several times, and I have no clue where they are and really they were druggies and always in jail for fighting.. not a good scene to be around, I hope they have changed and live better lives now, but I don't think I will ever know....GL to you mama
Old 08-17-2008, 08:22 PM   #13
mom2jpd
Registered Users

My Mood:

I hope that all goes well.

Mom 2 Jake, Parker, & Dori
My Graphic Design Biz: Custom Blog Designs
mom2jpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:41 PM   #14
PintoBeanery
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow, congrats! I hope everything works out, I will be praying that you both can focus on the now and the future and develop a loving healthy mother/daughter relationship. Everything happens for a reason, Ive always been told that and I can honestly say I believe that too =)
PintoBeanery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:44 PM   #15
mom55
Registered Users

My Mood:

Best wishes with you reunion.
mom55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:02 AM   #16
blossomgoat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh how wonderful that you found her! I hope that she feels comfortable enough to get in touch. It would probably be good for you both. Best wishes!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 09:07 PM   #17
seahawk
Registered Users

Wow, this is all so crazy. I finally got to talk to her on Wednesday. I cannot believe this is happening. We talked for about an hour. She had to get off the phone and asked if we could continue the conversation the next day. I was so happy that she wanted to continue our relationship.

She seems very smart and very tough. I hope I can break through her shell. We really seemed to connect as long as we didn't talk about family or adoption stuff. She seemed completely uninterested in her siblings, or any other family. She does want to get to know me though. We have a ton of stuff in common. She really reminds me of myself at that age (that will not make this easier LOL)

It is so hard. I have to keep reminding myself that I am a stranger to her. I have loved her forever and I feel like we are reuniting, but she doesn't now me. Even though I don't know much about her, I love her unconditionally. She is my daughter and I am her mother, and that is how I feel. She, on the other hand, has put up her guard and I can see that this will take some time. I told her that I have tried to put myself in her position, but that I do not know what it feels like to be adopted, so I will probably stumble or do something stupid and I hope she will let me know when I do.

I called her back tonight and her roommate said she was asleep. I was so bummed. Then, my phone rang a little while ago and it was her! She wants to meet me tomorrow!! I am going to meet her f2f tomorrow. I cannot believe this is happening. And she is the one who suggested it.

I think that I must be suppressing my emotions. I don't know if that is because they are so intense that I just can't deal with it right now, or if it is because I know that her needs have to come first right now. Or maybe I am just so grateful for what is happening right now, I am pushing back all the stuff I am sure I need to work through. I just know that I should be feeling more than I am right now.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:46 PM   #18
Taylormommy318
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am glad things went well mama. I was adopted when I was 8 mon. and met my bio dad when I was 11. We kept in touch for about 3 years until he had his DD and didn't want anything to do w/ me anymore. He has only met my DS once and he is 19mon. and he has never met my DD. Anyways sorry for hijacking, just wanted to say, I know what your DD must be going through (and you as well) so GL and like a PP said, don't live in the past, cherish every moment you have together.
Taylormommy318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:49 PM   #19
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:

That is so great! I am really happy that you are getting to bond with your daughter and OMG a face to face meeting already! That is great!!! I hope all goes well!!!
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:40 AM   #20
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am so happy for you. It may take her some time to come around just be patient.

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote