Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2006, 06:55 AM   #1
platup
Registered Users
seller

WWB week 1

Weigh****chersBuddies!!! It's week One for some of us, but feel free if you've already started to post on this thread as well!! I'll start all of my posts with "WWB" in the title.

Ok, so we did some grocery shopping this weekend (pressed for time) but I made a HUGE list yesterday so I'm going to keep it on my fridge with checkboxes for when we're out of something.

In any case, I just had breakfast and already need to complain. NORMALLY I eat a pretty big breakfast, but today it was two pieces of cinnamon toast with applesauce on top. I NEEDED a coffee and we are out (looks like I wasn't paying attention to what I needed on my list. LOL) so I have a Starbucks sitting here....ugh.....3pts.....BUT a dairy serving

So, my starting weight today, was, ahem.... 174.5

to all of you for the week Complain, weigh in, ask for help, whatever you want on this thread, I'll start a new one next Monday.

Advertisement

Last edited by platup; 10-17-2006 at 08:48 AM. Reason: easier searching hopefully?
platup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:44 PM   #2
orteggleston
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: WWB - week 1

I weighed in on Friday evening...down 4.6 lbs!!! For a total of 9.8lbs!! Whooo hooooo

I am working on week four and so far so good! We leave Friday night to go stay with my mom for a week...it will be a challenge to stay on track, but I am determined to make it work...even if I have to do the grocery shopping while we are there

Along with our weigh-in, complaining, questions, etc...maybe we could share something different each week. Like your favorite breakfast, favorite low-point snack, dinner recipe, dessert recipe...platup maybe you could just pick something every Monday when you start the thread!?

ISO: Luxe Baby Wool
orteggleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:46 AM   #3
platup
Registered Users
seller

Re: WWB - week 1

AWESOME on the 4.6lbs!!!! Wonderful idea too, Alison!! I love recipe ideas for WW I wonder what happened to the rest of our crew!!?? Looks like gals were having some trouble finding this thread yesterday, oops! Maybe I need to make the title a little different?? hmmmmm.

Ok, yesterday was horrible since I am now sick....guess there were too many runny noses at the Halloween party for my playgroup on Saturday, hard to eat well when you feel like BUT I managed to stay at 25pts which is cool.

One of my favorite recipes is from Cooking Light's "Five Ingredients in Fifteen Minutes" cookbook. (as are most of my favorite recipies....LOL). I alter it a bit but the basics are the same...I use organic beans w/no high fructose corn syrup but you don't have to. The recipe actually calls for two cans of black beans but I like kidney beans in my chili so I'm including that change. Their recipe also calls for ground round and I use ground sirloin (less fat, more flavor) so the calorie and fat content might actually be lower w/my changes but I'm not sure....

Chili
1 pound ground sirloin
1 15oz can black beans
1 15oz can red kidney beans
2 8oz cans of tomato sauce (or I use 1 15oz can)
1 cup medium or hot chunky salsa
1 tablespoon chili seasoning mix

Cook meat in large saucepan over medium-high heat until meat is browned, strirring until it crumbles. Drain, if necessary. While meat cooks, drain and slighty mash black beans (do not drain kidney beans) w/ a fork. Add mashed black beans, undrained kidney beans, salsa, tomato sauce, and seasoning mix to saucepan. Stirl well. Cook over medium heat 10 or so minutes until heated through.

Yield: 7 1-cup servings
235 calories; 3.9g fat; 22.8g protein; 27.6g carb; 5.2g fiber; 38mg cholesterol; 229mg sodium

WW Points: FOUR and it's filling. Great meal for the day when you went out to lunch!
Old 10-17-2006, 10:07 AM   #4
Bluemoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: WWB week 1

I weigh in on Weds (or Fri i fI miss my meeting) so I will post back then. Oh ps....if you sub groud turkey in your chili it drops downin pts!
Barbara
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:11 AM   #5
April.C
Registered Users

Hello. I am new to diaperswappers and just found this forum. DH and I did WW a couple years ago and LOVED it, we lost so much weight! I've been trying to start up again for quite awhile now but he has managed to keep the weight off so he's not as into it anymore. I would love to have some people to be accountable to and to help me stay motivated. I know I'm a day late, but hoping I can still join you.

Today's weight: 141.2
Old 10-17-2006, 10:21 AM   #6
heathersgirls
Registered Users
seller

Can I join? I feel inspired by you all

I have been doing ww online on and off for about four months. I have to admit I have had a really hard time sticking to it and have lost only 8lbs. I really need some mama's to be accountable to...

I have been weighing in on Fridays. My weight at my last weigh in, last friday, was 157.2. My goal is to lose 15 lbs by dd 1st b-day, Dec.29th . That would also get me to my pre-preg weight with her...But I would have another 7-8 to go to get to my pre-preg weight with ODD.

My complaints: that this is so hard. I'll feel motivated only to sabatoge my efforts in the late afternoons . I can say that I have added exercise back into my routine and that has at least helped my feel like I am trying.

Thanks for reading...LMK if this isn't an open group too

Heather

Last edited by heathersgirls; 10-17-2006 at 10:54 AM.
heathersgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:30 PM   #7
platup
Registered Users
seller

YES YES YES....please everyone feel free to join us. I and a few other mamas JUST started back up this Monday so I'm staying with that "schedule" but you can chime in on this thread any day this week and I'll be starting another on Monday. I am LOVING this! I need to be accountable and I NEED to complain about counting points and I LOVE pointers from everyone so I figured, why the heck not grab some mamas and go through this together right?? Hey, and 8lbs is NOTHING to sneeze at!

On my recipe idea, thanks for the tip on the ground turkey. I def recommend trying it. DH was not a fan so I started using the sirloin (90/10) and it has a richer flavor like real chili that way. LOL.

Ok, so my tip that has worked GREAT the last two days for midafternoon hunger. Hot tea and a couple of rice cakes. I know I know, sounds lame, but it has worked for me.....well, at least today and yesterday
Old 10-17-2006, 02:15 PM   #8
jdsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I started a few weeks ago, i was at a all time high of 180..

I weighed yesterday and i am at 170 right now...
jdsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:23 PM   #9
heathersgirls
Registered Users
seller

platup~thank you for your support and for the hunger tip too! I am going to try it today!

jdsmom~10 lbs is great! Nice work!

Thanks for letting me join, I am really excited!
Old 10-18-2006, 02:24 AM   #10
JakesMom
Registered Users

Hello ladies! I couldn't find the thread Monday... I searched for "WWB" and all the other words I thought might be appropriate, but to no avail! How did you guys find it? P.S. I also sifted through all the messages in the "Off Topic Discussion" Forum. Where are you posting this thread, so I know for next week? (In case my "search" fails me again!) lol

Okay, so I just wanted to say... how hard is it to start something like this at Halloween!?!?! Today I raided the halloween candy!! Bad! {There's always tomorrow?}

Also, reminder for those of us mamas who are nursing- we do get to add 10 points every day. (Not 10 points worth of candy, though! lol) And we need to drink all our water... I don't drink enough, and I love water~!

Congratulations on everyone's successes, very inspiring! I'm at 138.5. I gained 44 pounds with this pregnancy, and have 6 1/2 pounds to lose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, but my goal is to lose 13.5 lb. (goal wt:125).

Okay, thanks for the msg board! Very exciting and inspiring!
-mEGAN