Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-18-2006, 07:31 AM   #11
platup
Registered Users
seller

Re: WWB week 1

I started it on the healthy living & weightloss board. I am not too sure why it's not coming up in searches. It doesn't come up when I search either. ?? Weird. I'll have to ask the mods what the deal is. Maybe because it's all caps?? I think if we go to the forum and look at the newest posts it should be right there on Mondays until I can figure out what to do to fix it. Hopefully, in the meantime, if I "bump" the post a couple times a day, ppl will be able to find it.

SNACK ATTACK!
My DH is a HUGE snacker, esp at night. This is going to be the death of me on this diet. HOWEVER, I found some popcorn in my cupboard last night (like I said, still haven't major shopped yet for groceries).....Orville Reddenbacher Smart Pop butter flavor mini bags.....ONE POINT!!! I was over it. I really wanted popcorn after he popped his movie theater butter version (you all know what i mean about that smell of microwave popcorn!)...I was glad I had it since I only had two points "left" for the day. LOL. Just thought I'd share

Advertisement

Old 10-18-2006, 02:00 PM   #12
JakesMom
Registered Users

Oh, so *that's* what the "bump"ing is all about!!! I've been sooo confused about that!!! (Me, imagining we are all a bunch of pool-balls on a big cyberspace pool table, bouncing off one another! Bump, oops, excuse me! lol) I know, I'm a nerd... my hubby tells me that all the time!

So popcorn is a good idea! My snack-attacks usually consist of sugar cravings. When I want something sweet I used to eat fruit or the sugar/fat-free jello, and you can top either with fat-free cool whip. I don't remember how many points, that was a year ago. But if I was absolutely dying for sweets, that was a better option.

I'm proud of myself for going to the gym today! I have to find something to eat/drink though, before Jake and Kevin (mi esposo) wake up and want my attention.

Good job, beating the snack attack! I wish I did so good lastnight... I tapped into my weekly allowance when I couldn't resist some stuffed mushroom appetizers. I need to start dinner before I'm famished... (then I wouldn't need to have an appetizer to hold me over!). The rest of the day was nice & healthy! Bought all kinds of good produce and groceries and Trader joes yesterday too!
have a good day!
-Megan
Old 10-18-2006, 02:30 PM   #13
platup
Registered Users
seller

LOL Megan! I know, I never understood bumping either before I started selling things on the FSOT boards. .....

We are having leftovers tonight. I am going GROCERY SHOPPING tonight!! I am so excited. I'm finally starting to feel better. (I've been sick ) so I think I'll be able to spend some time at the store tonight. It's been soooo hard doing this without fresh produce around!!!!

Skinny Cow makes a TDF icecream sandwich. I always have those on hand when I do WW for when AF visits and I'm going insane for sweets!

Also, this is going to sound silly, but Cocoa puffs cereal is a great way to get something chocolately w/o a lot of points too. It works like a charm for me. Weird to have cereal as a snack, I know, but it will hit the spot I promise. LOL!

I'll post something on the mod Q&A area about the search not coming up and see what the say.

Happy counting today!!!
Old 10-18-2006, 02:49 PM   #14
April.C
Registered Users

Oooooh, Coco Puffs are a great idea! I am always craving sweets... I just caved and ate a pack of Starburst , but I think Coco Puffs could help my cravings. Thanks for the idea!
Old 10-18-2006, 04:20 PM   #15
heathersgirls
Registered Users
seller

Sweets are my downfall too . I was telling someone over the weekend that I usually wait until after breakfast to start having chocolate, and I'm not kidding. Sometimes I think about all of the total calories of sugar I have eaten in the last 9 months since dd's birth and I know that's why I haven't lost the rest of this weight. Like Jakesmom, I gained about 45 lbs with each pregnancy. It has been so hard to lose this time . I always find a way to justify it: "I'm nursing" or "I exercised today". Clearly it's not working for me.

Also, I totally agree about weight loss and the holidays. As if it wasn't already hard enough!

Thanks for the tips ladies. They are really great. And platup~ Great job finding an alternative to temptation.

How do you all use your extra points BTW? One big splurge or a lot of little ones? Just curious....I usually divide them for an extra 5 each day.

Have a great day Ladies! Heather
Old 10-18-2006, 05:35 PM   #16
JakesMom
Registered Users

Hi Heather! I usually divide mine up too... unless I know that I have something coming up (like a bday party or something). It's probably bad, but I try my hardest not to tap into those points, but I almost always use a few each day. Yesterday I ate so bad, but I only used 0.5 of my extra points. It's those 10 extra breastfeeding points! Are you guys adding those 10 pts too? Is it really going to work, adding a whole 10 pts!?!? I know I'm feeding another human being, but 10 pts is a lot!
Anyways, I had a discouraging moment today... I worked so hard at the gym and was so proud of myself- I did 20 minutes on the elliptical. Come to the computer to chart it and find out that it's only 1 point. That's the same as 30 minutes of cleaning! There's no way those two are comparable!!! (I forgot to chart my situps, I wonder if those count). And one hour of leisurely walking is 2 points. (Thinking, shopping! Does that count!? lol)
Jen- I'm glad you're feeling better! Thanks for the Cocoa Puffs idea, I haven't had those in ages, and love them!
-Megan
Old 10-19-2006, 10:02 AM   #17
heathersgirls
Registered Users
seller

Just want to say good morning!

Megan~ I thought 10 points was a lot too. I read on another board though, that each point is 50-60 cals. So if totaled out 30-32 pts is 1500-1600 cals. Some mama's are worried its not enough for nursing. I have also read that some people will use their full amount and not lose...I guess after playing around with it you could find your perfect #.

So, I tried the tea tip yesterday...It worked great..I had blueberry tea with 2 tsp of honey (.5 pt) killed my suger craving and helped me not binge before dinner .
Old 10-19-2006, 10:39 AM   #18
JakesMom
Registered Users

Thanks for the info Heather!
This morning I went to pour some Quaker 100% Natural, Calculated the points to be 5 pts per serving... and read the label, 1 serving is only 1/2 cup!!! I knew it wouldn't be enough but put 1/2 C into a bowl just to get a visual... I just laughed and poured it back in the box. NO WAY am I wasting 5 points on that measly amt of cereal that won't come close to filling me up! Do you know anybody who only eats 1/2 C cereal!?!
(P.S. Maybe sprinkled over yogurt or something).
So I got creative and had a really delicious meal... 1 Trader Joes Banana Waffle (2.5 pt), topped with 1 C Horizon Fat-Free Plain Yogurt (2 pt) and 3/4 C Strawberries, drizzled with 1 tsp Raw Orange-Blossom Honey (0.5 pt). (All for the same amt of pts as 1/2 C dry granola cereal!)
A dab of honey on anything is a good way to get rid of those cravings!
I love reading recipes and food ideas... keep them coming!
-Megan

P.S. I'm a little nervous about an event I'm attending Saturday- Not sure I'll be able to stay on the wagon. It's a 24-hour scrapbooking charity event (raises funds for breastcancer, Susan G Koman), but every year it is packed with unhealthy food to help us stay awake... lots of candy, cookies, hot cocoa, etc. I was originally planning on just eating whatever I want and just starting anew on Sunday, but I think I can do better than that. I enlisted my sister to bring trail mix, I'll bring baby carrots... any other ideas for semi-healthy munchie foods (easily portable, room temperature)? I already got word that my team's collective food stash consists of: chocolate truffles, a huge basket of homebaked cookies, and a huge variety of candies (all pink, for breastcancer awareness month, of course).

Any suggestions? Thnx!
-Megan
Old 10-19-2006, 03:22 PM   #19
April.C
Registered Users

Megan, your breakfast sounded delicious!! Much better than a little bit of cereal! As far as the scrapbooking event, what about taking some fruit? Bring a baggie of grapes, cut up some apples (if you want to splurge, some peanut butter to dip the slices in). Or use the Coco Puff idea. I just went to the store and bought myself a bag. It is 3 points per serving (3/4 cup)... it looks a little sad when you put it in a bowl, but I measured out 3/4 cup and put it into snack size ziplock baggies and one serving fills the entire bag, so it really does feel like you are getting a lot.

Also, here is my new favorite recipe... it is more of a pumpkin mousse, it doesn't have the same firm texture as pumpkin pie and it doesn't have a crust, but it satisfies my sweet tooth and cravings for pumpkin. It's going to be a lifesaver come Thanksgiving!

WW Pumpkin Pie
1 can pumpkin
1 box fat-free sugar-free cheesecake pudding mix
1 cup skim milk
1 cup fat-free coolwhip
1 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie seasoning
Mix pumpkin and milk until smooth. Add pudding mix and cinnamon, stir until completely blended. Fold in coolwhip. Pour into pie tin or other dish and chill until ready to serve.

One serving is only 2 points and the best part is one serving is 1/4 of the pie!
Old 10-19-2006, 03:40 PM   #20
heathersgirls
Registered Users
seller

April~ I just have to say "A 1/4th of the pie?!?!?" I am making that and eating the whole thing on thanksgiving, LOL!!!!!!! I'm just being silly, but really I could eat a 1/4th of a pumkin pie- which is probably like 18 pts or something- you could eat the entire WW pie for 1/3rd of that amazing....