Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-17-2008, 01:25 PM   #11
aecryan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: *VENT*WHY do people feel its okay to try and cover a nursing mom?!

...and I forgot to say that I am so sorry that happened! I would be totally grossed out if someone tried to put a yucky towel on my LOs head too!

Advertisement

Old 08-17-2008, 01:25 PM   #12
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would definitely complain to the manager. I wouldn't feel comfortable going going back there. And, in this case, I'd probably request a refund for my gift certificate seeing as I wouldn't want to go back there again with that employee.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 01:27 PM   #13
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildasMum View Post
I guess I'm not seeing the problem. She didn't ask you to leave nor did she press the issue. You continued to NIP, right?
It was the "yes, you need (to? it?)" comment that would have totally upset me. That was pushing the subject.

Quote:
She comes back with a towel that they use for PEDICURES! She tried to put it over Brandon's head - I told her no, I dont need that. She said, "Yes, you need." I pushed at her hand and told her no again, shaking my head. She brought the towel towards me again, but I guess thought better of it and walked away.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 02:57 PM   #14
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I guess I'm not seeing the problem. She didn't ask you to leave nor did she press the issue. You continued to NIP, right?
How can you not see an issue with someone trying to cover her babies head? The girl didnt want the babies head covered to begin with and the lady seemed to think she had to do it. I would be upset along with her.

I forgot to say before I am so sorry you had to deal with that BS.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:04 PM   #15
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
How can you not see an issue with someone trying to cover her babies head? The girl didnt want the babies head covered to begin with and the lady seemed to think she had to do it. I would be upset along with her.
The lady didn't "make" her nor did she kick her out. Therefore, no harm done in my book. Often times, I think we breastfeeding mothers can be a bit overly defensive. I whip my boob out wherever and whenever and never have I made a big deal out of someone giving me the stink-eye or trying to "help" me cover up. A simple "no thanks" (even if you have to say it more than once) is not that big of a deal. Now - if the employee made a huge fuss and said something mean to her or kicked her out? Heck yeah - raise a fuss. Otherwise - continue doing what's best for your baby and chalk it up to an ignorant employee who may have, like her husband said, made the incorrect assumption that she left her own blanket/hooterhider/whatever at home.

As I said earlier in the thread - yeah - it's gross to cover a baby's head with a foot rag. Sorry she tried to cover him/her with that. Yuck!
MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:31 PM   #16
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
The lady didn't "make" her nor did she kick her out. Therefore, no harm done in my book. Often times, I think we breastfeeding mothers can be a bit overly defensive. I whip my boob out wherever and whenever and never have I made a big deal out of someone giving me the stink-eye or trying to "help" me cover up. A simple "no thanks" (even if you have to say it more than once) is not that big of a deal. Now - if the employee made a huge fuss and said something mean to her or kicked her out? Heck yeah - raise a fuss. Otherwise - continue doing what's best for your baby and chalk it up to an ignorant employee who may have, like her husband said, made the incorrect assumption that she left her own blanket/hooterhider/whatever at home.

As I said earlier in the thread - yeah - it's gross to cover a baby's head with a foot rag. Sorry she tried to cover him/her with that. Yuck!
Its the case she kept coming back after she said NO the first time. She even said she had to push her hand away to get her away. How is that right? Just because she didnt make a huge fuss or kick her out doesnt mean what the lady did wasnt wrong. She had no right to try to come back more then ONCE to put the towel on her head. The lady could have asked her if she wanted one or something of that sort instead of trying to put it on herself.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:58 PM   #17
kittykat2481
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:

ITA. Also, the "You need" comment leads me to believe that there might have been a language barrier and maybe even some cultural differences that would have possibly made the lady think she was helping. When it was made clear that she wasn't helping, she walked away. I could have totally taken this wrong since I wasn't there - that's just my impression.

As the pps said, ss she tried to put that on your baby's head! I think you handled it great.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:08 PM   #18
Domino Pads
Registered Users
seller

Wow. That is so gross. I wonder if she would be okay if somebody put some towel over her head?!
I would talk to the manager/owner and demand a refund on the gift card.
I wouldn't go back there as a customer either.
How crazy would somebody have to be to think it's okay to throw balnkets/towels/whatever over other people's heads!

Domino Pads - We are the TOP RATED Cloth Pad on The Diaperpin
Handdyed or Natural - Petite, Regular & Plus Size - use Coupon DSCode for 5% OFF
Domino Pads -The Perfect Pad for Your Period, Pregnancy & Postpartum
Domino Pads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 04:11 PM   #19
Domino Pads
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
The lady didn't "make" her nor did she kick her out. Therefore, no harm done in my book.

What? There's no way that I wouldn't put a stop to somebody putting something over my baby's head. Doesn't matter what the baby is doing at that time (eating, sleeping, etc.)
I don't go up to strangers putting stuff over their head... I would find that highly offensive.

Domino Pads - We are the TOP RATED Cloth Pad on The Diaperpin
Handdyed or Natural - Petite, Regular & Plus Size - use Coupon DSCode for 5% OFF
Domino Pads -The Perfect Pad for Your Period, Pregnancy & Postpartum
Domino Pads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 04:16 PM   #20
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

But it never touched the baby, right?

I understand it was a frustrating situation - I just don't see how it's a "demand-a-refund-make-a-fuss-talk-with-manager" situation.
MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote