Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-18-2008, 04:11 AM   #11
sararandall
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Am I the only one that is fed up w/ newbies posting in FSOT asap?

I am as you call a "Newbie" to this site. I have cloth diapered for 3 years and I am posting FSOT. There is a reason this is called Diaper "swappers". And no this is not ebay, you cant sell used diapers on ebay anymore. Trust me I have tried. So isnt this the next best forum to sell your used ones? I mean and to buythem off of moms who dont need them anymore.

And how do you become and "NON-Newbie" if you dont post?

Advertisement

sararandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:25 AM   #12
kettle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I never posted an intro... but honestly, I only recently realized there was an intro forum... and I'm guessing that's the case with a lot of people.

Many people join simply because they have diapers to sell... I joined because I was interested in cd'ing and wanted to buy some used to save money and make sure I was going to use them. I posted a few times before I bought a diaper, but that was because I was asking questions about the diapers.

Besides, it's no skin off your nose. Don't buy from them if you don't like it.

I'm more sick of people who have sold dozens of things yet still want you to play PP fees. If you sell 2 or more things a month you should buck up and get the proper PP and not ask your buyer to pay the fees or at least roll the fees into the price so that the buyer knows the cost upfront (doesn't effect me, I have funded PP, I just think it's really tacky). Same with not doing PPD. I won't buy anything that isn't PPD. I know I would probably save money without PPD sometimes, but I like to know EXACTLY what I'm paying BEFORE I send a PM, it helps me keep my budget. But neither of these really bothers me. I just choose not to buy from those people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smidgerooski View Post
It's making me crazy! I'm talking about ppl who don't even have the decency to post an intro. But the worst part is the ppl who buy their stuff w/o even thinking.

I've been calling them out on it lately, but frankly it's p*ssing me off.

Last edited by kettle; 08-18-2008 at 05:29 AM.
kettle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:04 AM   #13
daddyn4wisechix
Registered Users
Formerly: daddyn3wisechix
seller
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: Am I the only one that is fed up w/ newbies posting in FSOT asap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanna19 View Post
I think many people don't know about it.
When I was a newbie I had NO CLUE how to find my way around... I didn't even realize I should post one until I saw a few from other mamas, & thought that maybe I should too. I know at one point I posted an intro, but now that I think about it, I think I posted it in the wrong forum .
Old 08-18-2008, 06:07 AM   #14
Munkey Ciao
Registered Users

My Mood:

:shrug: Seems to me that some people are genuinely just here to buy/sell and aren't into the chit-chat... doesn't seem like that bad a thing.... it's what makes this place what it is that there are so many people here for all different reasons.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:10 AM   #15
Knits on Earth
Registered Users
Formerly: eden/averymumm
seller

My Mood:

I posted an into after I had like 1500 posts :haha: and I think it got two responses. who cares!

Knits on Earth, custom knits
Knits on Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:19 AM   #16
gretasmommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Whew! I saw this just a few moments ago, and was a bit concerned I had offended many by *not* posting an intro - I didn't even realize there was a place for that! I did come here through a friend who pointed me in this direction to look at new CD's - GM's in particular. I have already bought things form 5 mamas, and sold to one over the last month! I am so glad she shared DS with me!

That said, while I love to chat, I rarely have enough time.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:27 AM   #17
themamabear
Registered Users

My Mood:

I posted things FS as my first post, and had plenty of mamas PMing me. Everyone was so sweet I decided to start posting in other places. So it doesn't bother me and I guess it doesn't bother many other people either, or they wouldn't have bought from me.
themamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:37 AM   #18
ForCryingOutLoud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You got to start somewhere... even though this is a community some people just come here to sell. Just check other feedback if they have it.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:49 AM   #19
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smidgerooski View Post
Why is it so hard to post an intro? To say, "Hi, I'm blah ba de blah, from blah ba de blah"

Last time I checked we're not ebay...we're a community.

I check the intros almost everyday and so do many other mamas + we post a friendly hello to welcome a newbie. I'm not here to solely get a good deal. I've met many mamas on here that are my friends IRL.
Look at the name of the site. I think most newbies come here to buy and sell diapers, not necessarily to make friends. Sorry, mama.
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:04 AM   #20
QueenofmyCastle
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
You have to remember, too, that a bunch of the newbies are coming here via a real-life friend who turned them on to cloth diapers and said that this is a great place to buy and sell them. Those newbies are probably too excited to buy/sell to think about posting an intro.

While we are a community overall, some people like the chatter areas more and some people couldn't care less about the chatter areas and hang out in the FSOT all day (you can see my post count/feedback ratio and guess which category I fit into, lol). And that's totally fine. We don't want to pressure anyone into "oh wait you have to post an intro, it's the LAW." lol. Newbies should feel welcome to post wherever they want, whether it's in the FSOT or the chatter areas or an intro.
That's how I came here! And I came to learn and buy, only after buying a lot did I need to sell anything. If you're not comfortable buying from a newbie, that's fine, but I don't think it needs to be a rule or protocol to post before you are active in the fsot. Remember people can be shy online too, and even if someone has 4 posts that doesn't mean they haven't read 400.
To be honest, I'm much more active on MDC, and this is my 'second' community. Also, some of us just don't have time or energy to post after a long day, but don't mind looking at diapers.