Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-18-2008, 07:08 AM   #21
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Am I the only one that is fed up w/ newbies posting in FSOT asap?

I didn't post an intro until I'd been here for a while. Didn't know that it was against the rules.

Advertisement

Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:10 AM   #22
stephy4632
Licensed Knitter
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I did post an intro when I started here but its only because I was taken there at sign up if they had not started me out there I would have never even known there was a intro forum on here. I started here because some great momma`s on babycenter told me this was a great place to purchase used CD`s to try different brands somewhat cheaper than buying new so I dove right in with buying. However I am getting into the chats now that I have been here awhile and have gotten to know some of the momma`s on here more (from buying or tradeing with them first chatting in our pm`s and such). I just ask if a newbie has feedback somewhere else or if there willing to ship before I send payment to be sure I get the items and condition is as stated most are more than willing to do those things and take any advice we give them about this sight.
Everyone needs to start somewhere!
stephy4632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:34 AM   #23
angabre
Registered Users
seller

I'm new. And I kinda see what you're saying, although I don't feel very strongly about it. I didn't post an intro either. There are so many different catagories that it is hard to learn your way around.

But.... When I first came here I wanted to sell things but I decided to buy a few cheap things first to get some feedback. Then I realized you needed 10 post to post pics. So I went to Diaper chatter Q&A forum and I stayed there for a while and am just now venturing to other sections.

When I see something in FSOT by someone that has no feedback or post I don't buy it. Sorry guys! I just hit the back button and keep hunting.
angabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:24 AM   #24
odentonmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have sold to people with few or no posts. But, I personally would not buy from someone who has no posts. BTW, posts in FSOT do not count toward your post count. And I think there is a minimum number of posts before you can post pictures and I definitely do not buy without a picture.

There are too many scammers, I don't like taking extra risks. But, if other people want to buy from brand newbies, that is their prerogative.

What bothers me more are people who have zero or very few posts coming here looking for handouts on FFS as their first stop. In that case, if they really need help. I wouldn't think it would kill them to take a little time and try to get to know some of the mamas they are asking to give them stuff.
Help Keep Dr. Jack Newman's Breastfeeding Clinic open, click here for info & to donate.
odentonmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:29 AM   #25
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Also, you don't have to be a noob to be a scammer. I've been scammed twice by active members. One was later banned and the other disappeared, but I never did receive my item or a refund.
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:35 AM   #26
princemelissas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am not so sure why this would p*ss you off. I never posted an intro and still haven't. If you are a newbie to CDing and DS how do you even know what you want/like to not buy things w.o. thinking. I bought a lot of things off FSOT the first month because I had no idea what would fit and I also sold back a lot of it. Why is it anyones business what I buy or sell? I was introduced here by a friend and was just so excited to start trying things out. KWIM?
princemelissas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:44 AM   #27
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe View Post
I didn't post an intro until I'd been here for a while. Didn't know that it was against the rules.
It's not against any rules. If ANYTHING, a teeny breech of etiquette.. but certainly not against a rule. I don't see the big deal.
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:49 AM   #28
TBNMPL
Banned

Sometimes it's hard for newbies to just join into conversation without feeling like a huge third wheel in a sense. Also it seems like there is an ignore period for newbies where nobody talks to them or replies to their posts, sometimes I wish there was an "Am I invisible?" icon. I think it's easier for ppl to start buying and selling then to try to fit in with certain groups.

Also honestly not everyone has as much time as others to be posting in the discussion forums. Sometimes they have to use what little time they have to get their stuff sold. < This is not me btw.

Last edited by TBNMPL; 08-18-2008 at 08:50 AM.
TBNMPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:52 AM   #29
chickenmonkeybaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I never posted an intro. I didn't even see Intros until I had already been here a while.

My first week I got scammed by a mama with over 5K posts who had been here more than 18 months. (She is banned) I was a trustworthy newbie, and if a newbie with an item I want provides verifiable feedback, I will probably buy from them.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:54 AM   #30
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I personally couldn't care less because I keep going as soon as I see no FB and/or low post count, but I did want to give you a hug. It's hard being bugged by something online.
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote