Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-18-2008, 08:58 AM   #31
tinab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Am I the only one that is fed up w/ newbies posting in FSOT asap?

I am trying to figure out how people miss the intros section. You have to scroll right past it to get to FSOT! I posted an intro there, I just thought I should so people would actually want to sell to me. I also bought stuff before I ever thought to sell. I had some stuff that didn't work well right away, but I waited to sell. I thought I needed to build credibility.

I haven't bought from a few people with zero posts that had stuff I wanted, and they ended up being banned for scamming. I think people just need to watch out for themselves, some people are going to be fine, some may not be.

Advertisement

Soon to be TTC #3; the final chapter!
Moola Invites
tinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:08 AM   #32
ForeverYoung
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's honestly real easy to miss the intro section (Though, me personally, I didn't...I posted one right away, and had a couple responses - thanks!! )

That said, if you're like me, you may just check out the new posts and go from there. If so, you don't SEE the intro section at all.

I don't always do just new posts, cause it goes SOOOOOOOOOOOOO fast around here! It's just so hard to keep up!

I'm forever grateful for those of you who trusted me enough to "buy" my FFS pregnancy tests. A girl's gotta start somewhere!! For me, I just decided it'd be easiest to give away something, and help folks out along the way. I have sold a couple other things, and I've bought from someone too.

For me, yes - it's a community, but also a place to buy and sell. Isn't that what this place is all about - a diverse group of folks all here to share/buy/sell/trade all with some common interest?? I thought so at least!!

Thank you to all the Mamas who have made me feel wanted/special in the course of the last few weeks. It's helped me feel the need to branch out and get personal as well!
ForeverYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:11 AM   #33
Kerry
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've been here for a little while. I still see myself as a newbie (feeling like a third wheel as another poster said).I have bought from a lot of mama's and been worried about being scammed.

I never saw the section to introduce myself. I have just posted randomly for help and have done an intro like that. I have posted on the "adopt a newbie" post and no response. So for a newbie.....it's a bit confusing on here at first. If some of the more experienced mama's could take a second to say "if you need help why don't you post an intro"......It would really help....

Seeing a post about being P/Oed that newbies don't post intro's is very unwelcoming......

No harm done here......The mama's I have bought from have been very nice and patient with any questions I have had. I guess we all have to start somewhere.

From a semi-newbie who had no idea I had to post an intro...............
-http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...=1#post6502429
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:15 AM   #34
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

As far as the FSOT, it's buyer beware whether it's someone with 8 posts or 8,000. Who knows, maybe I'll decide to scam people all of a sudden (not really, but that's how it feels like when someone that's been on here for a while starts doing that)
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:17 AM   #35
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Forever Young's right, I always click on the new posts link and go from there unless I want to go to a specific forum.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:29 AM   #36
Smidgerooski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My point is about sellers, not buyers. I know tons of mamas come here to start cding and they need cds. My issue is with the new ppl that head straight to FSOT and start selling. They can't post pics, so they post their email address. It seems so sketchy to me. I know everyone has to start somewhere...

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy having newbies around and I always try to answer their questions in Q & A.

Obviously I'm the only fed up, o well.
Smidgerooski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:43 AM   #37
Munkey Ciao
Registered Users

My Mood:

I dunno... I can't honestly say I'd buy from a newbie who'd never posted elsewhere. I can't say that it would be fair either though... certainly a wanna-be-scammer can purposely make herself look more appealing by posting up a storm and seeming like she's no longer a newbie. I just don't let it tick me off... I just won't make them an offer if they give me a nervous vibe.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:57 AM   #38
Smidgerooski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It seems like a lot of the newbies are saying they didn't even know there was an Intro section. I find that funny b/c they're posting here in Forum Use Questions/Ask the Pros. The Intro section is 1 link above.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:00 AM   #39
Munkey Ciao
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well I'm sure they also knew there were chat sections... doesn't mean they felt like chatting. I don't see the intros as much different... you post because you want to see people say "OH HI!! WE'RE SO GLAD YOU CAME!!!", or you don't because you don't see the point. To an equal extent, you just might not want to post the obligatory chat posts just to not seem so "newbie" anymore.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:00 AM   #40
Smidgerooski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinab View Post
I am trying to figure out how people miss the intros section. You have to scroll right past it to get to FSOT! I posted an intro there, I just thought I should so people would actually want to sell to me. I also bought stuff before I ever thought to sell. I had some stuff that didn't work well right away, but I waited to sell. I thought I needed to build credibility.

I haven't bought from a few people with zero posts that had stuff I wanted, and they ended up being banned for scamming. I think people just need to watch out for themselves, some people are going to be fine, some may not be.
My thoughts exactly