Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-18-2008, 09:39 AM   #11
tinab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breastfeeding: Does it ever get easier?

My eldest nursed every 45 minutes in the beginning, day and night. It was insane. I nursed her side lying, my breasts are large enough and I guess stretched enough, to pop baby on while only lying halfway on my side. I don't think I would have made it without getting that down. I think it made both of our lives easier, after a crash c-section, it just felt better to me to not get up.
It gets easier pretty fast relatively, but right now it will seem like it is taking forever because of how tired you are and the hormones in your body rapidly changing. Just keep in mind that it gets easier and after that 6 week growth spurt it will all be great!

Advertisement

Soon to be TTC #3; the final chapter!
Moola Invites
tinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:54 AM   #12
BeachMommyOfTwo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breastfeeding: Does it ever get easier?

Side nurser here! My LO is 5 weeks now, and sleeps pretty good through the night, but is still up 2-4 times a night. We have a pillow top mattress and a down comforter so our bed isnt a great place to sleep. I unfortunately sleep on the couch, but its big enough for him and I and its firm. The pillows dont come off, they're just cushiony- if that makes sense?! But laying down was my saving grace! And still is. I agree that you have to keep the baby at an angle, its easier to latch comfortably that way.