Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-21-2008, 11:09 PM   #11
shanree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What's in your LO's Crib?

Aiden has always slept with a blanket from day one and starting at about 3 months old he absolutely fell in love with one specific teddy bear, so he sleeps with it every night. Now that he is spending partial nights in a crib he also has a couple of rattle type toys in his bed... he wakes up and plays with them instead of crying... much more pleasant mornings that way!
He always has at least one blanket, sometimes he may be hugging a blanket when i get him to sleep so I just put him down with it along with whatever other one may have been in there already. He likes to chew on recieving blankets sometimes as he goes to sleep.

If either of his brothers wake up when he does (they all share a room) then he gets all sorts of toys in his bed... they like to share with him

Advertisement

JESUS LOVING Wife to Les, Full-Time Mama to Naomi (17) Elijah (11) Ian (8) Jake/Xander/Rachel (7yr old triplets) Aiden (5) and Benjamin (2) ....Homebirthing, EBF, ERF, CD'ing, BW'ing, HS'ing, Co-Sleeping, No-Circ, No Vax, 3 natural VBAC Mama. & now I am a CPST!!!!
shanree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:07 AM   #12
*Eva*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A fitted sheet, crib bumper and a whole buttload of cat hair. We co-sleep and he's spent all of about 20 min in his crib so now the cat has taken it over as her bed.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:07 AM   #13
mom2LBJ
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Eva* View Post
A fitted sheet, crib bumper and a whole buttload of cat hair. We co-sleep and he's spent all of about 20 min in his crib so now the cat has taken it over as her bed.

in our crib theres...toys lol

On our bed we sleep with a waterproof mattress pad, a fitted sheet and a flat sheet (although usually not on DS, he hates blankets). Thats all we need right now in hot humid Houston.
mom2LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:15 AM   #14
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:

Well, prior to last weekend, it was filled with laundry and boxes. LOL. Oh, and cat hair.

But last weekend, we brought it over to the new house (we move in tomorrow!) and it now has a clean sheet and that's it in there.

We're going to start putting her in there for naps, then progressively move her there all the time for sleep. She's not big into blankets to cover up with, but she likes to pet them. She also have a giraffe that's made of chenille that'll go in there, too since she likes to jabber at it in the morning.
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:17 AM   #15
connorsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

20 month old - pillow, blanky, and sometimes a matchbox car... kid loves those things.
He has been sleeping in his crib since 4 mos. I used to have a sleep positioner as well.. and didnt use a blanket with him until around 9mos.
Korin mommy to connor 1/11/07 and Addison 11/15/10 due with baby #3 11/10/15
wahm behind Shizz Knitz
connorsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:40 AM   #16
BuNkY8384
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

He has been sleeping with a knitted blanket and his lovey (one of those little blankets with a bear head attached) since around 6 months.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:43 AM   #17
flobee76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS was swaddled at that age, but I still kept a blankie next to his head or on his chest.

Now, he's 12 mos. and he has 2 blankies in his crib... and still has a crib bumper. I took it off, and for 2 nights in a row, he screamed and screamed and was unsettled at night. We put it back on, and he slept like a log.
Mom to DD (5/04), DS (8/07), DD (2/09)DD (5/13), Blessing #4 in the arms of Jesus 11/2011

Jesus-follower, Traditional Foodie, Homeschooler, frugal-er
flobee76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:46 AM   #18
dpelephant
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD - 8 months,
She has had a blanket since birth, bumper, organic stuffed horse (it has knit cotton tail & mane that she loves to twirl to fall asleep), a lovey lamb (since 2 months), and a little pink bunny that plays a lullaby. I also rotate my pillowcase covers stretched across the top of the sheet where she lays her head. She is starting some separation anxiety and having a bit of mama around seems to help. Oh, there is also a lambskin under the sheep to keep it nice and soft and snuggly. The mattress was just too firm, and she likes it soft (just like mom!) Boy, that's a lot!

I earn extra $ with Swagbucks and Ebates! Join me
dpelephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:52 AM   #19
tlaquepaque
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Now at 16 months she has her blue dog, purple moose, pillow, blanket and 3 binkies. She likes one in each hand and one in her mouth. She also has a rainforest music player. At 6 months I think she just had the rainforest thing and a blanket.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:54 AM   #20
mommyof2wildboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS#2 has always slept with a blanket. When he was 8 months old he got a stuffed Lightning McQueen and Mator for Christmas and they haven't left his crib since. He also sleeps with a stuffed Blue from Blue's Clues that we got from a sweet mama on here. His stuffed animals all stay at the top of his crib.
mommyof2wildboys is offline   Reply With Quote