Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2006, 09:10 PM   #11
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feeling Guilty...

You did a GREAT job! I think I would feel guilty if I weaned my DS even now at 2. LOL Mamma's are so hard on themselves. I read about your baby and I am sorry . GLuck Don't think she would relatch on? A friend of mine did after 8 months of not nursing...

Advertisement

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:07 AM   #12
crunchychristianmom
Registered Users
seller

It took me three years to fully get over feeling guilty about weaning my first baby for the same reasons you did -- valid reasons!! He weaned between 10 and 13 months after I got pregnant and couldn't take the pain, and he never looked back. I, on the other hand, mourned the loss of that connection, felt guilty about not being strong enough to handle nursing through pregnancy, and felt even more guilty when I bonded really strongly with my second son, and sometimes took stresses out on my toddler.

But, you know what? He's five now, and the sweetest, healthiest little boy! We adore each other, and I've worked really hard to not let my guilt create baggage between us -- because I really did the best I could do at the time -- and he really was fine!!

You did the best you could, too. You're already mourning the loss of your unborn baby. Don't let another day go by where you feel guilty when you look at the daughter you have, instead of simply cherishing each moment you have together, just as it is.

http://crunchychristianmom.blogspot.com

Last edited by crunchychristianmom; 10-24-2006 at 12:08 AM. Reason: gender oops!
crunchychristianmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:55 AM   #13
havanadaydreamin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You shouldn't feel guilty, but I think that is part of being a mom. I think that all of us mamas will find something to feel guilty about! You did it much longer than most of the other mamas out there.

I am thinking of weaning my 17 month old, and I get sad thinking about it. But I really think that it is time for me to do this.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:41 PM   #14
1happymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You're doing great! Don't worry about this...she obviously was ready and it sounds like you had a very easy time weaning (which I've heard can be very difficult). I too felt the same way that you did when I weaned dd because I was pg with ds. But she never looked back! (I think that hurt even more. I wanted to feel needed.) It's a loss of something that we've grown so accustomed to in our relationship with our babies. You have the added emotional difficulty of dealing with another loss. So the way that you're feeling is completely understandable. But guilt accomplishes nothing. I do believe in the power of prayer and I'll be praying for you. (I'm soon to head down this same road with ds)
1happymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 11:23 PM   #15
momx2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

:hug:

mama don't feel guilty!! You did what you needed to so that you could get through that time. Would you have rather continued bf and started feeling resentful towards your dd instead? You think about your dd and try to provide the very best for her and that's what makes a great mama, which you obviously are!!
momx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 11:37 PM   #16
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1happymama View Post
You're doing great! Don't worry about this...she obviously was ready and it sounds like you had a very easy time weaning (which I've heard can be very difficult). I too felt the same way that you did when I weaned dd because I was pg with ds. But she never looked back! (I think that hurt even more. I wanted to feel needed.) It's a loss of something that we've grown so accustomed to in our relationship with our babies. You have the added emotional difficulty of dealing with another loss. So the way that you're feeling is completely understandable. But guilt accomplishes nothing. I do believe in the power of prayer and I'll be praying for you. (I'm soon to head down this same road with ds)
Yes, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be just from what ive heard.
She was totally weaned in like 2 days.