Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-22-2008, 11:46 AM   #11
shanree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breaking the Rulz!

well lets see...
early peanut butter

tummy sleep from day one

the cat has "co-slept" with each of mine as babies. He LOVES babies It is never uncommon to find him snuggled next to a sleeping baby whether in the crib, on my bed, or in the floor!

we LOVE walkers here

grapes & raisins... wow, I think other than cheerios that raisins was one of the first finger foods my older two got. They both ate grapes really early on too (cut in quarters)

All of my boys have slept with blankets from day one. DS#2 wouldn't sleep unless his entire head was under a blanket. I was always teased that he didn't actually go to sleep, but that he passed out from lack of oxygen

Lots of loveys, toys, etc in the bed

DS#1 started sleeping on a top bunk right after he turned 4 years old.

My children play outside in our fenced yard (very rural neighborhood) and I am not always out there with them.

I do lots of other things that most of my friends consider 'rule breaking' such as no-vax, no-circ, etc

Advertisement

JESUS LOVING Wife to Les, Full-Time Mama to Naomi (17) Elijah (11) Ian (8) Jake/Xander/Rachel (7yr old triplets) Aiden (5) and Benjamin (2) ....Homebirthing, EBF, ERF, CD'ing, BW'ing, HS'ing, Co-Sleeping, No-Circ, No Vax, 3 natural VBAC Mama. & now I am a CPST!!!!

Last edited by shanree; 08-22-2008 at 11:50 AM.
shanree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:46 AM   #12
mia&seansmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

TV...let's just say that i've broken multiple rules about it...that's all i'm saying on that one...

both my kids were belly sleepers. i was able to hold off DS until he was 3 months, but mia would ONLY sleep on her side from that MOMENT she was born. even all swaddled in the hospital, she would roll to her side. and she QUICKLY (like by 1 month) figured out how to get mostly on her tummy from her side... i just let it be and prayed she was ok. she slept with me at night so that was better.

ds will actually ask to take his pants off so he can go "pp in the grass" . lol

oh, there are so many that i cant even think of them all
Old 08-22-2008, 12:09 PM   #13
waa510
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used a walker with DD when she was too big for her infant seat..it was somewhere I could put her where she couldn't go anywhere while I cooked dinner or put laundry in the washer. She was mobile from an early age but couldn't figure out how to pedal the walker forward, just back so this kinda kept her in one place for me. Gosh, that sounds really bad..

DD still drinks from a bottle (soy milk) for breakfast, naptime, and bed. She still has a sippy too..but a straw one. She can drink out of a cup though..but when she's tired she spills and chokes from trying to drink too fast so we just do the bottle.

She still has a paci that she uses for nap and bed. And she'll be 2 next month.

She will lay in her bath on her back and submerge her little face in the water until just enough of her nostrils are out of the water to breathe. I'm in the room with her but it's freaky and I kinda feel like I shouldn't let her do that b/c I could have my back turned while in there with her and she could drown in a second but she enjoys it so I don't stop it.

I also don't do any daycare or anything with her where she's separated from me for any length of time. She goes to tons of playgroups and activities during the week but I'm always there too. I've only left her with someone other than family ONCE..and only for a couple hours and we were in another room of the building. I know it's bad for her to not get that time with other kids/people without me but I just can't bring myself to leave her yet. I'm not too sure she would handle it well either since she's painfully shy..but I still feel like I'm stunting her socially b/c I'm too much of a wimp to let go.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:38 PM   #14
slwat7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yup, tummy sleeping, pb and grape feeding, paci loving kids here. And all my kids had bumpers in thier cribs with blankets. They LOVE blankies...even my 2yo and 4yo still have theirs. I know there is more, but my mommy brain is sooo fried!
Old 08-22-2008, 01:44 PM   #15
mom2LBJ
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think the most "dangerous" thing against the rules we've done is co-sleeping other than that I'm a pretty overly safety cautious mom.
mom2LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:23 PM   #16
txmom72
Registered Users

My Mood:

I didn't know you weren't supposed to cut their hair until they were a year old!!! I cut DS' at 8 moths cause it was too long!!!

Both of mine slept on their tummies from an early age, with blankets!

I nursed DS to sleep all the time. I've tried with DD, but she wakes up when we put her down.

I let DS watch tv in the mornings while I get ready for work and in the evenings when we're trying to get dinner fixed and on the table.

Can't keep the kid away from grapes either!
txmom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 03:50 PM   #17
Lizp86
Registered Users formerly:grayelizabeth06
seller
seller

My Mood:

love walkers
my cat does curl up with my kids when they sleep.
I nurse both of mine to sleep.
My kids do watch some tv with me
Lizp86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:46 PM   #18
carbandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Anna is soda obsessed, loves skittles , and watches Elmo twice a day. She eats popcorn, grapes, peanut butter and any other no no food. I think I win worst mom...come on girls!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 04:53 PM   #19
Lizp86
Registered Users formerly:grayelizabeth06
seller
seller

My Mood:

My son is also soda obessed. and eats candy more then he should.
Liz
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbandy View Post
Anna is soda obsessed, loves skittles , and watches Elmo twice a day. She eats popcorn, grapes, peanut butter and any other no no food. I think I win worst mom...come on girls!!!
Lizp86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:04 PM   #20
spottycat
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow, this is a comforting thread! I thought I was a horrible momma!

- ds was a tummy sleeper from about 3 mos
- he likes junk food and, yes, I let him have some (not all the time, but often enough)
- his fave food is McNuggets from McD's
- we didn't take away his paci at bedtime until after he turned 3

I'm starting to think I'm just a normal momma after reading this thread!