Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-22-2008, 07:30 PM   #21
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breaking the Rulz!

hmmm..

Tummy sleeper and grape eater.. I was also known to prop a bottle here or there.. (I was around her, just couldn't feed her at that second, normally in the car)

Loved peanut butter from 12 months on.. Is a big juice lover (luckily it's normally crystal light around here)

She gets pop as a treat every once in awhile and WAY TOO MUCH chocolate milk.

She'll be 4 in two weeks, and yes, I just Recently started her on drinking out of a cup more often than the sippy.. We are trying to weed out the daytime ones, and get her using the cup for all times, but the bedtime one.

I don't limit TV time.. but i do limit what she watches for the most part.. like, Family guy and simpsons are okay, but we don't watch Courage the cowardly dog anymore.. because yes, I feel that show is WORSE than the other 2. lol

and she plays outside now.. mostly everyday besides rainy days.. in our fenced in yard... By herself. I sit near a open window or a open door and check on her.. but normally she's in and out anyway.

So there you go.

Advertisement

jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:44 PM   #22
rcarver
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS eats chips and until just a few months ago, when he woke up during the night, he came to bed with us to sleep. Oh yes, he took a mid-night bottle well beyond a year.

Yep, this makes me feel much better I am normal. Oh yes, when I get really fusturated, I yell arugh. Well, guess what DS does when he's fusturated. I need to work on that to be a better role model.

Oh yes, he watched about 45 min of TV today, which doesn't happen often, but it does occasionally happen when I need a break.

Last edited by rcarver; 08-22-2008 at 09:57 PM.
rcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:01 PM   #23
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

hmmm, let's see...
- we're tummy sleeping, blanket using, pillow-giving-at-one-year fools.
- dd's calcium primarily comes from CHOCOLATE milk
- I don't make dd1 eat her veggies. veggies she does eat are usually covered in cheese to the point of being unrecognizable.
- dd2 sleeps in a bouncer.
- I don't care if it hinders her night time pl'ing, dd1 can have a water sippy at night as long as she wants (she doesn't sleep with it in her mouth, it's just on the nightstand for when she's thirsty)
- I allow dd1 to call the neighbor's dog stupid...b/c it is. She's also allowed to say "darn it".
- I put dd1 in a jumper at 4 months old. she just kinda sagged there, but she enjoyed it so much...
- popcorn is a fave snack here. so are strawberries, starting at about 10 months old.
- we don't start them on plain cereal, we start them on mashed bananas.
- dd1 (3yo) can do the cornholio routine from beavis and butthead.
- we laugh at burps and farts.
- i sleep in in the mornings on the couch w/dd2 while dd1 watches cartoons on pbs.

I kinda fear for when dd starts preschool in a few weeks...i hope she doesn't do cornholio there.

Last edited by Katherine; 08-22-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:07 PM   #24
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarver View Post
Yep, this makes me feel much better I am normal. Oh yes, when I get really fusturated, I yell arugh. Well, guess what DS does when he's fusturated. I need to work on that to be a better role model.
When I'm mad, i yell and throw things. guess what dd1 does when she's mad. yep. gotta find a substitute behavior for when I'm mad.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 04:12 PM   #25
lissa~K
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We cosleep, don't vax, don't circ, cloth diaper, feed babies real food, extended breastfeeding, don't do plastic toys or toys with sounds, tummy sleep, etc. May be normal here, but every one of those has been frowned on by our families, who think we are basically a bunch of weirdos. So we are definitely breaking rules if you would ask them!
Old 08-23-2008, 05:22 PM   #26
rcarver
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh yes, I thought of another. We see the ages on toys as just a suggestion. DH, DS, and I all play with the light bright. Of course we watch DS to make sure he doesn't put the light pegs in his mouth, but we all really enjoy it.
rcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:51 PM   #27
knoxmama81
Registered Users
seller

I never waited between giving foods the first time to make sure there wasn't an allergy.

I let my 2 yr old watch TV since day 1. I would put her in the pack n play in front of the TV when she was a baby so she would sleep at night. She just now learned how to go to sleep without the TV.

I put both my babies in walkers- the kind that actually move.

I propped bottles when needed- rarely, but it did happen on occasion.

My girls drink waaay too much juice, I water it down but it's still a lot.
knoxmama81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:39 PM   #28
RockinClothBunz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Fun.

DS chews gum.

DD has slept on her tummy since she was 4 months old. Once she rolled over, I never tried to turn her back over.

They drink juice every morning.

I let both of them jump off the couch.

I'm a pretty strict momma so I had trouble thinking of some. LOL! Not strict, just protective.
Auntie to Trentin 5-31-09
RockinClothBunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:54 PM   #29
wyoming butterfly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Let see co sleping, extended breastfeeding, grape eating (will not eat them if they are cut), strawberry loving, nut eating, blankie loving, and paci sleeping child. Oh I am sure there is more but I can't think of them now.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:11 PM   #30
*LizziesLoops*
Registered Users
Formerly: angelami4
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD has almost always been a tummy sleeper....ever since she could roll over, she would immediately turn over to her tummy and sleep that way and if you tried to move her to her back, she'd scream bloody murder until you let her sleep on her tummy. Even before then, she would fuss until I'd give up adn let her lay on her tummy...I always said it was her daddy's fault...he loved to lay on his back and lay her tummy to tummy on his chest...for a long time that was the only way she'd sleep....
~Amy Eddie: Heather (1/7/2007), Mikayla (11/4/2009), an angel baby (3/29/11), and Michael Edward(3/22/12) We are now expecting baby #4 in January 2014!!!

*LizziesLoops* is offline   Reply With Quote