Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2008, 10:50 AM   #1
tinyblackdot's Avatar
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,107
My Mood:
Does anyone know a list of AP friendly daycare providers?

I am looking for a job. I went and applied at Children's Courtyard yesterday, and its not horrible i guess, but knowing that my dd will be going there part time while i am working is not as comforting as i imagined it would be.

The classes are stark white, it smells of bleach and Lysol, and it was just not what i imagined for a daycare.

I have been looking online, but i was wondering if there was some sort of online list of AP friendly or just more natural friendly daycare centers.

Advertisement

__________________
Melanie-Mommy to my HERO Madeline 1/15/07-8/23/13 Fight For Maddie and our Bumble Bean-jamin 1/19/13
tinyblackdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:57 AM   #2
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 11,861
My Mood:
Re: Does anyone know a list of AP friendly daycare providers?

I'm pretty sure all daycares have to use lysol and/or bleach. I know that my daughter's daycare has a three step process (mandated by the state of Michigan) to cleaning the toys/tables, etc. - it's basically water/soap/bleach, then wipe off with clean water.
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:06 AM   #3
KaleidoscopeEyes's Avatar
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Springfield Missouri
Posts: 14,792
My Mood:
Re: Does anyone know a list of AP friendly daycare providers?

Ask around at your local LLL, I'm sure someone there would know
__________________
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:07 AM   #4
tinyblackdot's Avatar
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,107
My Mood:
Re: Does anyone know a list of AP friendly daycare providers?

im not opposed to bleach or lysol, it was just ALOT.
__________________
Melanie-Mommy to my HERO Madeline 1/15/07-8/23/13 Fight For Maddie and our Bumble Bean-jamin 1/19/13
tinyblackdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:07 AM   #5
tinyblackdot's Avatar
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,107
My Mood:
Re: Does anyone know a list of AP friendly daycare providers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes View Post
Ask around at your local LLL, I'm sure someone there would know
We ff due to medical reasons, so not really part of LLL. Thanks though!
__________________
Melanie-Mommy to my HERO Madeline 1/15/07-8/23/13 Fight For Maddie and our Bumble Bean-jamin 1/19/13
tinyblackdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:10 AM   #6
KaleidoscopeEyes's Avatar
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Springfield Missouri
Posts: 14,792
My Mood:
Re: Does anyone know a list of AP friendly daycare providers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyblackdot View Post
We ff due to medical reasons, so not really part of LLL. Thanks though!
that's fine but you can call up the LLL leader, most that I know are AP and would probably know of a place or even a SAHM that does childcare.
__________________
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:11 AM   #7
elioraimmanuel's Avatar
elioraimmanuel
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On the Alpaca Farm!
Posts: 2,356
My Mood:
Re: Does anyone know a list of AP friendly daycare providers?

You don't have to be part of LLL to ask them questions. With the number of kids per provider, daycares aren't and can't really be AP. I know that when my oldest went to daycare that they did sit on the floor w/the babies, a lot. However, if you've got several babies crying and only so much help, babies are left to cry. But, when her blocked tear duct appeared to be infected (it wasn't) she was left to cry in a crib until I could get to her. She was isolated and alone!
__________________
Kelly wife to Dazyboy SAHM to 5
Seeker of Natural Health
elioraimmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:23 AM   #8
tinyblackdot's Avatar
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,107
My Mood:
Re: Does anyone know a list of AP friendly daycare providers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes View Post
that's fine but you can call up the LLL leader, most that I know are AP and would probably know of a place or even a SAHM that does childcare.
thanks! I am actually trying to find a daycare that i can work at and bring dd to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elioraimmanuel View Post
You don't have to be part of LLL to ask them questions. With the number of kids per provider, daycares aren't and can't really be AP. I know that when my oldest went to daycare that they did sit on the floor w/the babies, a lot. However, if you've got several babies crying and only so much help, babies are left to cry. But, when her blocked tear duct appeared to be infected (it wasn't) she was left to cry in a crib until I could get to her. She was isolated and alone!
Yeah they can be pretty brutal. I just can't imagine taht all of them are so hospital like. I would think that there have to be some around that that where a little more kid friendly.
__________________
Melanie-Mommy to my HERO Madeline 1/15/07-8/23/13 Fight For Maddie and our Bumble Bean-jamin 1/19/13
tinyblackdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:37 PM   #9
rainysundays
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 63
Re: Does anyone know a list of AP friendly daycare providers?

There may be times when the caregiver has to let the baby cry a little longer than you would in order to take care of another baby, but not all daycares are uncaring and antiseptic. I would suggest you not look at the chains and look more to family-owned centers, like the one my six-month-old goes to every day. It really is like a little family, and the place is bright and cheerful. It smells clean but fresh, not like bleach. And the baby:caregiver ratio is 3:1 which means Leah gets lots of individual attention. They also try to do all organic and natural foods for their lunches and snacks, which is very unusual IME. The turnover is low, and Leah is happy there. She always goes right into her caregiver's arms and I've only walked in on her crying once (and I arrive at different times to pick her up each day.)

Good luck!
rainysundays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:43 PM   #10
tinyblackdot's Avatar
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,107
My Mood:
Re: Does anyone know a list of AP friendly daycare providers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainysundays View Post
There may be times when the caregiver has to let the baby cry a little longer than you would in order to take care of another baby, but not all daycares are uncaring and antiseptic. I would suggest you not look at the chains and look more to family-owned centers, like the one my six-month-old goes to every day. It really is like a little family, and the place is bright and cheerful. It smells clean but fresh, not like bleach. And the baby:caregiver ratio is 3:1 which means Leah gets lots of individual attention. They also try to do all organic and natural foods for their lunches and snacks, which is very unusual IME. The turnover is low, and Leah is happy there. She always goes right into her caregiver's arms and I've only walked in on her crying once (and I arrive at different times to pick her up each day.)

Good luck!
Yeah that is wxactly what i am am looking for, thanks!
__________________
Melanie-Mommy to my HERO Madeline 1/15/07-8/23/13 Fight For Maddie and our Bumble Bean-jamin 1/19/13
tinyblackdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.