Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-22-2008, 05:10 PM   #11
Ami in Deutschland
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone know a list of AP friendly daycare providers?

I don't know about AP friendly daycare, but my mom is a preschool teacher and has had experience working in a center using the Reggio Emilia approach. It is a sort of child-led approach to learning with an emphasis on the natural environment. You could contact the North American organizationto ask for references to preschools in your area or check here.

Advertisement

Old 08-22-2008, 05:11 PM   #12
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Cool thanks soooooo much!
Old 08-24-2008, 10:08 PM   #13
PrincipessaShelley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For me it was such a hard decision to enroll my LO in daycare. I spent months looking for a place I felt comfortable with. Truth is I never felt truly comfortable with any of the daycare facilities I visited. They were either too old, too new, too this or too that. I did finally choose one, and my DD is so happy there. She is only 9 months, but she gets excited when I take her there, and she always reaches out to and smiles at her caregivers. She's also developing faster due to the socialization she is receiving at the school (She's our first and most likely only child). However, I still have my doubts sometimes, even though DD loves it. Truth is no daycare will ever be perfect to me because it is not me taking care of her, kwim? I figure this is a life long process for me--learning to let go. Thankfully, for now, this process is only for a few hours a day three times a week. The daycare is in our area and perhaps they have job openings. If you want to know more about the school, feel free to PM me. Hope you find the perfect place that makes you both happy!

IHA: NIP GM Girly Prints
PrincipessaShelley is offline   Reply With Quote