Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-22-2008, 01:23 PM   #11
babyGmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: What's the deal with strollers being bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boysmama View Post
I am not anti-stroller but I am a little anti-infant seat. I agree with "carry your baby not your carseat" Some babies are in those things all day!
i keeped my girls in the car seats (and put it in the stroller) when they were sleeping and i as out running around even at the mall... my girls were only in there infant seats when we were out of the house. i do think some people do use there seats to much like letting there babies take a nap in them and using it around the house alot ... but i don't think its BAD-evil...

Advertisement

Last edited by babyGmommy; 08-22-2008 at 01:24 PM. Reason: added to it
babyGmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:28 PM   #12
mom2~3offspring
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use a stroller. I wanted so bad to baby wear but im 5'7 109 pds skinny butt with sholders BIG sholder kinda hunched it kills me back my sholder sting Im VERY jealous i cant baby wear.. so Stroller will do ihave the Eddie B double 3 yr old in back and 1 yr old in front.. If they cry they come out no big deal ..
Some parents just dont get it.. I use to be totally against seeing moms mix formula ( i did with my first bottle fed i didnt know how to BF sounds dumb but no one helped the new 18yr old mom) (i learned my own to BF my 2 &3rd ) until recently at 25 a mom on here changed my view forever .. saying she couldn't Breast feed cause she was had her b oo bs removed .. not everyone can baby wear and not everyone can breast feed.
mom2~3offspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:29 PM   #13
mom2~3offspring
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I am not anti-stroller but I am a little anti-infant seat. I agree with "carry your baby not your carseat" Some babies are in those things all day!
Yes my cousin does that with her kids.. Ugh its nasty the kids are stuck in a swing (even after 1 ) and there seats .. the poor kids take forever to sit roll walk..

If there sleeping heck ya ill leave them in there seat.. My Ds would only nap in his Infant sleep when he was a newbie

Last edited by mom2~3offspring; 08-22-2008 at 01:30 PM.
mom2~3offspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:03 PM   #14
*Aimee*
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Hey do they make that as a bumper sticker anywhere? I love that

I'm not anti stroller. My boys are giant and there is no way I could carry them both. However, I don't think we've used our stroller to carry anything other than stuff in almost a year. DS1 just walks wherever we're going and I carry DS2. It DOES make me sad when I see teeny tiny babies crying alone in a bucket attached to a carseat. But I don't think babies should be separated from their mama's for as long as possible.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:54 PM   #15
lirpasirhc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i think some moms (like me) get tired of seeing baby gear abused. i saw a poor little newborn in his car seat propped up on the shopping cart in Target. he was propped at a bad angle, so his little head was dangling and swinging around while his mom ignored him. i don't see how that's even safe. i've seen so many kids sucking air out of their bottles or crying alone in strollers and baby buckets. i think that to encourage development, kids need to be held or on the floor moving around as much as possible.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:12 PM   #16
TyAndCheyMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I guess I got a little shall we say "interested"... So I figure I would put my 2cents in.
I did not breast feed- my children were born premature, and my milk was not in.
I do not carry them- they sit in a stroller or walk- I could never afford an carrier that would fit my kids and I (besides they don't make those for us moms that have huge boobs)...
But I am not a horrible mom- I don't leave my children in the stroller- in fact I usually only use it when we are walking (or when going through the store)... My daughter 17months- is in a wheelchair... but she rarly actually sits in that...
I carried my kids in the infant car seat- because when you have more than one kid- how the heck do you take care of them all...
I guess I would not be welcome in the BW group- and that is ok with me!
TyAndCheyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:20 PM   #17
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

I agree stroller needed to carry goods. I've been know to take the stroller to carry packages and purse, etc, and then wear DS

Oh, I do not like strollers in certain places and refuse to use them. I will say that at the county and state fair or a livestock show when everyone is trying to get their animals to the show ring- don't go through the barn w/ a stroller. Angers me. Not only b/c you are in the way, but your LO is right by the animal in harms way- what if that pig or cow decides it doesn't want to cooperate?
OK off my soap box now.
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:26 PM   #18
SubliminalDarkness
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Would this question hold if it was about sposies being bad? I don't think so. So are 100% CD users "extreme CDers." Again, I don't think so. I DO disagree with strollers, for various reasons. It doesn't mean I'm nuts.
SubliminalDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:18 PM   #19
mbsr76
Registered Users

We love our stroller. My son gets held all he wants, but dang he loves his stroller and loves going for walks and getting strolled around. When he was smaller he used to throw a fit just to sit in his stroller on the porch for a bit.

He is a very snuggled and loved boy who gets attention constantly. Honestly I kind of think the whole "strollers baaaad" thing is just like any other parenting issue where you get a little moral superiority going. It's ridiculous to me to say that using a stroller is bad parenting. Neglecting your child has nothing to do with a stroller and can be done with or without one.
mbsr76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:19 PM   #20
jpicasso
Registered Users
seller

Not sure I love BWing, but with 3 under 3, our stroller is a necessity for us.