Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-22-2008, 10:36 PM   #11
chataine
Is This Nirvana?
seller

My Mood:
Re: What is YOUR co-sleeping situation like?

we have a king size bed w/ 4 ppl in it

we have co-slept w/ dd (2.5) since birth..right now dh goes in and lays w/ her and does her night time routine about 7ish..meanwhile i nurse evan to sleep usually in front of the computer on the boppy and then i just hold him until i am ready to go to bed..i did the same thing w/ dd until she was prob about 15 mos and then i started to nurse her down and then when she weaned/i was hugely pg dh started putting her down..

we usually sleep on the outsides while the kiddos sleep on hte inside.. we plan on co-sleeping until dd wants her own space..at that point i think i might try what pp mentioned and just move both kids into one bed..that way they are still co-sleeping..just w/ each other though.

Advertisement

Old 08-23-2008, 12:16 AM   #12
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our 3 year old sleeps with us with no sign of wanting to move out LOL
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:39 AM   #13
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD sleeps in our room on the floor on some blankets. I had tried (and suceeded) getting her to sleep in her room on her bed until I was hospitalized. I will try again soon.

But we "co-slept" (side-car) until December when I started leaving her in her room and going back to my bed.

DS was in my bed until 1. Side-car until 2.5. In my room until almost 4.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:45 AM   #14
shanree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylabelle05 View Post
DD sleeps in our room on the floor on some blankets. I had tried (and suceeded) getting her to sleep in her room on her bed until I was hospitalized. I will try again soon.

But we "co-slept" (side-car) until December when I started leaving her in her room and going back to my bed.

DS was in my bed until 1. Side-car until 2.5. In my room until almost 4.

OT~ Your siggy... I am meningitis survivor too! Long time in ICU and a few traumatic memories... but I'm here (I was 3 years old!)
JESUS LOVING Wife to Les, Full-Time Mama to Naomi (17) Elijah (11) Ian (8) Jake/Xander/Rachel (7yr old triplets) Aiden (5) and Benjamin (2) ....Homebirthing, EBF, ERF, CD'ing, BW'ing, HS'ing, Co-Sleeping, No-Circ, No Vax, 3 natural VBAC Mama. & now I am a CPST!!!!
shanree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:49 AM   #15
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My 13 month old sleeps in the bed with me and then dh is only hone at night 3 days a week or less. I am hoping to she will transition to a bed in her sisters' room in the next 6 months or so. Dh will hopefully get day shift soon and as a previous poster stated, I am tired of balancing on the edge of the bed while the other 2 sleep soundly.

I don't really enjoy cosleeping that much...as in, I love having lots of space all to myself - not really sure how she ended up with us for this whole time...oh well.
DS WAHM thread
Bukawww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 05:35 AM   #16
bjaneen
Banned

My Mood:

we have a crib side carred to our bed. M alternates between the crib and between us in the bed. If Isaac wakes up in the night he comes in and sleeps in the middle and M gets moved to the side near the crib or in the crib if she's fast asleep. Anna does not want to co-sleep at all. She's in a crib in her own room.
bjaneen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:01 AM   #17
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Both my DSs sleep w/ us. We have the crib side carred for more room. I lay down w/ DS #1 until he falls asleep {8 pm} and then I get back up and do whatever until about 11pm, then its off t o bed w/ the baby. DH comes to bed about midnight.
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:08 AM   #18
ForCryingOutLoud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanree View Post
As for Aiden (almost 7 months old) if he falls asleep before I am ready to go to bed I put him in his crib until he wakes for a nighttime feeding. If he is still awake when I am ready for bed, he just comes to bed with me.
Usually when he wakes for a feeding he stays in bed with me for the rest of the night.
This is pretty much what we do. She also sleeps in her crib during naps. She is way too mobile (12 months) to be left alone in our bed.

My DS sleeps in his bed.

Last edited by ForCryingOutLoud; 08-23-2008 at 06:11 AM.
ForCryingOutLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:58 AM   #19
mom2LBJ
Registered Users

My Mood:

We all sleep in the downstairs master bedroom, all other rooms are upstairs. In the master room we have a king sized bed centered up against the wall. On one side we have a twin sized mattress on the floor, pushed up against the wall into the corner. When my husband is home from work (works 2-3 weeks on, 1-2 weeks off) DS#1 sleeps in the king bed with him and DS#2 & I sleep on the twin mattress. When DH is away DS#1 sleeps on a travel bed on the floor next to the twin matress with DS#2 and I, and the dog sleeps up on the king with her dog bed on top When DH is home, we'll swap my spot & DS#1 can sleep with DS#2 now that hes older. I like having us all together when DH is away, and it gives me someone to snuggle with.

All hanky panky is moved to a guest room
mom2LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:01 AM   #20
SubliminalDarkness
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With DS1, we had a king size bed. He slept with us most of the time for his first four years.

With DS2, we've had a queen. For the first 14 months, DH, DS2, and I slept in one bed. I had a bedrail on my side of the bed. And DS2 would sleep on either side of me depending on where he was nursing.

Since 14 months, when we night-weaned DS2, DH and DS2 have slept together in that bed, and I sleep elsewhere. Where else I sleep depends, but I don't sleep in the same room as them because if DS2 knows I'm there, he wants to nurse.
SubliminalDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote