Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-23-2008, 10:22 AM   #21
katiematie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What is YOUR co-sleeping situation like?

big kids in their own beds, baby in our bed. DH sleeps on the floor on a mattress next to our Queen bed that me and Rowin sleep in. My DH is a heavy sleeper and tosses and turns a lot which is dangerous to be in bed with our baby, so he volunteered to sleep on the mattress on the floor until Rowin stops co-sleeping, which wont be for awhile.

Advertisement

Katie, single mama, BFing, CSing, non-vaxing, CDing, vegetarian mommy to Elijah-7, Aubriana-6, Rowin-4 and baby #4 due August 2012.
katiematie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:50 AM   #22
amjbmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My older 2 are in their own beds in their rooms (they are 9 and 8). In our king sized bed is dh, myself, almost 4 yr old (till he falls asleep then we move him to his bed which is about 2' from my side of the bed) and 17m old ds who also falls asleep with mama then gets moved to his crib (also in our room) for usually most of the night.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:17 PM   #23
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD goes to bed in her bed (used to go to bed in her crib).

When/if she wakes up, one of us goes and gets her and brings her into our room. When we were nursing, she would fall asleep nursing. Now she falls asleep laying on me or DH and then we roll her between us. We have a king sized bed.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:47 PM   #24
luvmybaby333
Registered Users
seller

We have a queen size bed. My oldest DD started sleeping (through the night) in her own bed right before she turned 5. We made a conscious effort to get her to stay in her bed before the baby got here because our bed just isn't big enough.
(Please note that my oldest DD has been sleeping in her own bed since she was around 6 months old but ALWAYS would wake up in the middle of the night to join me.)

My newest DD gets rocked to sleep by her daddy and then laid in her bassinet so me and my SO can spend time together before bed. She will usually lay there until she gets hungry, at which point I take her into bed with us to finish out the night. That way she still gets some "co-sleeping" time... but I still get an hour or so to cuddle with my honey.

I can't see NOT co-sleeping as a nursing mommy. I'm too lazy
Old 08-23-2008, 02:11 PM   #25
caitigumbo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My big kids all sleep in their own beds, and the baby usually sleeps about 10 hours!! so he goes down in his cradle in our room after being nursed to sleep. Then when he wakes up, about 5-6 am., he comes in bed with me/us (depends on when DH goes to work). If he wakes up earlier, then he comes in bed earlier. I don't love co-sleeping, b/c it makes my back ache trying to sleep "around" the baby and make sure DH doesn't thump him accidentally in his sleep!, so I am SOOO happy that this little guy is such a champion sleeper. I expect he'll stay in our room until he outgrows the cradle, and then he'll go to a crib in big brother's room. We'll see!
"One mustn't lose sight of the hard core, which is, do this, do that, love your friends and like your neighbors, be just, be extravagantly generous, be honest, be tolerant, have courage, have compassion, use your wits and your imagination, understand the world you live in and be on terms with it, don't dramatize and dream and escape."
--Rose Macauley, Towers of Trebizond
caitigumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 04:20 PM   #26
Kaymadmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

dd1 has been sleeping in her own room since she was about 4yo, dd2 was in our bed until 3yo and then on a mattress on the floor until just a few months ago. She now sleeps in her own room! Ds has been in our bed since birth. He doesn't even nap in his crib. We've only rarely had more than one child in our bed at any time. I'll let ds sleep with us until he's ready to move on. My girls were ready at 3-4yo. This time goes by so quickly and then its over! I'm trying to enjoy the moments and not rush things. Sometimes I do wish our bed was child-free...but that's not often.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:33 PM   #27
Momma_Rock
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We only co-sleep sometimes. The oldest two sleep in their own beds. Sam (15 months) goes down in his own bed. He usually wakes up at 2-ish to nurse. I take him to the couch in the living room and I usually fall asleep and only wake up when it's time to roll over and switch sides. Sometimes I do remember to put him back in his crib (will be a toddler bed soon so he can just come in my room when he wants) and sleep in my own bed (heaven!) for 30 minutes or so before he wakes up again. Sometimes at 5 or so I give up and just bring him to bed with us. I find that if he's sleeping next to me, he wakes up more often to nurse. I'd really like to get him night weaned before the next baby is born.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:38 PM   #28
lulusmom
Keepin' it Crunchy!
seller

My Mood:

Dh sleeps in the bed with the dog, and I sleep with dd out in the living room on a futon. It's been like that for a year, and will only change when dh quits smoking because it's not advised to cosleep with a smoker.

Helen-Natural birthing, extended bf'ing, cosleeping, non-vaxxin' mama to Holly Lu 8/18/07
lulusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:05 AM   #29
mom2jjorion
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslieann View Post
My son has always slept with us all night we have never owned a crib. We use to have a pack n play I think he slept in it twice for a nap.
My son is 3 now we have no plans of changing this anytime soon we all enjoy co-sleeping
Except our boy is 2.

Expecting Babygirl early 2012!
mom2jjorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 06:04 AM   #30
HadassahSukkot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We part time co-sleep with our little guy. If he feels really bad on any particular day, unless he sleeps really hard, he sleeps with us rather than in his crib.

Otherwise he spends the night in his crib, until he wakes up to eat. Then he stays in the bed with us until DH gets ready for work (he goes with DH to the potty and sits in his chair chattering and cooing), and then back with me until I am fully awake. He and I will then work out what we need to during the day. Some days he's up and won't sleep at all, and other days we t ake a nap together.

The last week he's been either on my side of the bed or DH's. He's been eating every 2-3 hours starting at 2 or 3 am, so it makes no sense to go back and forth to his crib that often. (It's in our room, but about 3 feet from the end of our king sized bed, a nice 15 steps or so at night)

We'll see how things go once he's older and we decide to move him to his own room. I think once another baby is on the way, we'll just have to do what works for all of us.

HadassahSukkot is offline   Reply With Quote