Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-18-2006, 03:45 PM   #11
SJwith2girls
Registered Users
seller

Re: Ideas for 'starting' labor...

I agree that things only work if you are ready. I tried them all with my last and I was still 12 days overdue. She arrived 5 hours before a scheduled induction. My thought.....schedule the induction and the baby will come.

Advertisement

Sarah Jane - DD 03/01 ~ DD 08/04 ~ DD 05/07
SJwith2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:56 PM   #12
kecmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I vote for sex! Worked well for me!!
Old 10-18-2006, 04:30 PM   #13
Bare Bottom Gear
Cruelty is a tyrant that's always attended with fear
Formerly: SAHMTo2
seller

My Mood:

32 oz of Papaya juice. Do a search on the internet. I did only after I used it and it worked and there are loads of articles and info re: papaya juice and how it stimulates contractions and how drinking enough in early pregnancy leads to m/c's. It was used way back when for that if a woman wanted to do that to herself/baby. But good for when you are overdue (I was) and need that baby gone and don't want to do pitocin at the hospital when you are 42 weeks along. LOL

Check out my other FSOT items, I've got diapers, yarn and fiber for sale!!
Bare Bottom Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 05:10 PM   #14
tash
Registered Users

sex worked for me

my mil swears by jumping up and down

i agree though that time is the only one that always works
Old 10-18-2006, 05:12 PM   #15
Mommy2Cadence
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well I took 2 teaspoons of caster oil in a milkshake. Needless to say dd was out 4 hours later
Old 10-18-2006, 05:16 PM   #16
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay I am getting some good ideas here too.

My OB ok'd me to try whatever I wanted, as long as it was safe, to make this baby come. LOL He really basically laughed at me because I think he knows that most won't work anyway so he is humoring me.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:29 PM   #17
MyGlorylife
Registered Users
Formerly: WrapHappy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Of course all the pp said
black and/or blue kohosh although some studies show blue to work better
castor oil packs- these feel great! just warm up some castoroil and soak a hand towel, old soaks, scram fabric like flannel- waterever- and place right on belly. You r body will absorb the oil straight into the uterous helping contarctions along and the heat feels great!
OKay here is my FAV!!!!!... cotton root tincture. It ripens the cervix and can bring on contractions. In most cases that I know about what ends up happening is the mother will cramp for hours as if she is about to start her period. During that whole time the cervix is dilating- only with out horrible contraction pain. When the contractions do get into gear the cervix is almost or all the way ready. Most women who have used this have babies in 1-5 hours after reall labor contractions begin.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:45 PM   #18
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oooooo I just thought of something though maybe I want to be careful with this since I have a history of only 2 hours long total labor & delivery and my OB said this one will most likely come quickly.

Definately want to try only when DH is here.

I hope your friend has one of these work.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:00 PM   #19
Bare Bottom Gear
Cruelty is a tyrant that's always attended with fear
Formerly: SAHMTo2
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Peas14mnsapart View Post
Oooooo I just thought of something though maybe I want to be careful with this since I have a history of only 2 hours long total labor & delivery and my OB said this one will most likely come quickly.

Definately want to try only when DH is here.

I hope your friend has one of these work.
Papaya juice is available at most grocery stores that have natural foods area and it's only a few bucks AND it tastes good AND is way better than castor oil etc AND it's natural. LOL

My dd was 7 when I had ds. I was overdue and drank the juice on Thursday throughout the whole day then Friday morning woke up and the contractions started. It went all day and then went to the hosptial at 5 am and had ds at 3:45 pm Saturday. VERY nice way to do it.

You can drink it all fast or make it last throughout the day.

BTW, I tried the red rasberry leaf, sex, walking excessively etc with NO luck. AND my ob was checking me several times the week prior and I had NO dialation! LOL Little efacement and it still got things going for me!

Check out my other FSOT items, I've got diapers, yarn and fiber for sale!!
Bare Bottom Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:02 PM   #20
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know nothing will work until b aby is ready. I know someonethat had 3 failed pit inductions...

if it is her first, she should expect to go overdue. The avg first timer is 8 days late. Remind her baby is still cooking.

Set the mindset that baby can come. The mind is a powerful intrument in labor and childbirth. I know that sounds crazy. A coupleweeks ago my firend said, the baby had to come beforeher grandma got here, She was due to fly in on the 4th, On the 3rd she was begging baby to comeout in her mind. and her wtaer broke a few hours later, He was born on the 4th at 320 am, grandma showedup at 9 am.

Rubbing castor oil on your belly if you are in early labor can speed things up. It works the same as it does if you drink it, without the side effects...

Rubbing clary sage on your belly after the castor oil can really kick itin.If anyone around her is early pregnant, they SHOUDL NOT be around her until the initial smell wears off.If can induce contractions even in early pregnancy.

Walk walk, sex, curb hopping, sex, swimming, sex, Orgasms. plenty of orgasms and niple stim. Have herhubyb play with her nipples while having sex.

Again, babies really do pick their birthday. They release a chemical in thier brain that letsthings start to happen..

Tell her while she is waiting to enjoy herself. go shopping. rest, read, sleep. go on a date with hubby. baby will not stay in forever..

As far as evening primrose oil, it will not stimulate contractions. it is to ripen your cervix. it works like sperm does with the prosteglandin... so really you want to start dong that at 37 weeks. starting now will not help anything along...