Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-26-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
StaceyS
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Chemical pregnancy questions!!! Please help if you can.

Ok, so last week on Thursday I got my +, Fri got 3 more +'s. Sat the lines were so light and barely there. I started cramping and bleeding that afternoon. It started as a medium flow and progressed to being quite heavy and painful that night. The following day went back to being a medium flow. Yesterday, it was almost non-existent.
I thought that was strange. 3 day periods are NOT the norm for me whatsoever. I am a 5 day kinda gal (longer if it is a heavier flow).
I def passed tissue and clots during this, so I didn't think anything would have been left in there.

This morning while talking to my friends, I mentioned that my flow was over. It was suggested to me that i test again just to see. I got conflicting results on an equate test with FMU. It is the first time I have ever seen one be a dud. I got a strong - line that faded quickly, but also got what i thought was a + line but it as hard to tell as there was a huge dye streak over it.

Then, I tok a $ store test with same urine and got a def faint line. I am not sure if it is evap or a true faint line, but was there within the time limits...it did get darker as it dried. I know, I know, it's a $ store test, but it's cheap and I had a bunch.
I do plan on taking an equate after I work tonight because I have better luck with PM urine than am for some reason.

Ok, questions:
1.) IF I had a chemical, wouldn't the hcg be gone if I expelled everything???
2.) If you have had a chemical, did you still test faintly + for awhile??
3.) if for some odd reason this wasn't a chemical, wouldn't I get a nice dark + by now??? AF was due 8-20.
4.) has anybody heard of someone passing tissue and clots and still having a pregnancy go on?? (I haven't but ya never know).

I know you wanna see pics so here they are. The equate was really hard to get good pics of. It is darker IRL, but both lines faded so much and so quick (which I never seen before). So here they are:

I dunno. Maybe I am holding onto lost hope here. I just think this whole situation has been very strange! I thought I would have a heavier than normal AF and that it would be longer than usual. Not sure why i thought that, just figured since it was late and given the fact that there was a "pregnancy".............

Advertisement

We love him, because he first loved us.<>< 1 John 4:19
StaceyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Chemical pregnancy questions!!! Please help if you can.

My m/c were not longer than AF. they were all early losses, between 4 and 6 weeks.

The flow was clottier and redder than normal. It took about 7 days for my tests to be negative all the way.

Hope that helps.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:33 PM   #3
StaceyS
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmelody View Post
My m/c were not longer than AF. they were all early losses, between 4 and 6 weeks.

The flow was clottier and redder than normal. It took about 7 days for my tests to be negative all the way.

Hope that helps.
Thnaks! This was shorter than even my normal af's are. I know when I had m/c's (full blown and NOT chemical pregnancies) that the bleeding was MUCH heavier and was about 7-10 days long. I didn't know what to expect as obviously this wasn't a pregnancy that developed as far as they had (and no d&c involved).

I guess I'll wait it out.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:13 PM   #4
Mother Lover
Registered Users
Formerly: Mirandom
seller

My Mood:

Girlfriend are those marble countertops? Nice!
My chemical was more intense in color and that was it...I only knew it was a chemical because I got a BFP a few days prior and then on came the red red red blood...I didn't even bother testing after that...there was too much involved for any little critter to live through (blood, clots and all those fun details)but it did last about a day longer at the end, the old blood junk.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:24 PM   #5
mbreen616
Registered Users

My Mood:

I has hcg even after my dnc for weeks so I guess with a chemical it could be possible too.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:45 PM   #6
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

2 of my good friends were TTC at the same time and both got + on a test, one was actually seeing a dr for bloodwork and such, and both ended up getting an AF like flow within 3 days and testing - on home tests followed up with negative blood tests. We all saw the lines, so we know it was + and one had hcg a in blood test although it was low. Anyway, both were diagnosed with a chemical pregnancy. BUT both got pregnant the very next cycle!!!
I do see a line in the 2nd test, but not the 1st one. The only thing you can really do is either consider cd1 when you started bleeding and keep testing to see what the tests say. It would be getting darker by now not lighter, kwim?

Quote:
I has hcg even after my dnc for weeks so I guess with a chemical it could be possible too.
Usually you're further along than cd15 though if you need a D&C and have more hormone in your system. Chem pregnancies usually implant only long enough to produce a small amount of hormones and then disapate within days hence + one day and - the next. Most home tests only get a + with a level of 25 or higher so a drastic drop in early pregnancy would be significant. Another BFF had an ectopic and needed to have blood tests until the hcg tests came back <5 but she was 10wks so it took another week or 2 to gradually decrease.

Last edited by TwinKristi; 08-26-2008 at 01:53 PM.
TwinKristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:26 PM   #7
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It takes time for all the HCG to clear your system. I had serial HCG blood tests until they came back 0. It took over a week for the HCG to clear. It went down more slowly than it went up. I didn't take anymore tests though. However, something else, I would think your line would get darker if you still were preggo, BUT I bled, bight red and passed some clots when I was barely 6wks preggo with my twins. I was told I was losing baby B based on that and an ultrasound that showed A had progressed and B hadn't yet (my previous u/s was only 4 days prior). Well, I now have 2 beautiful babies who are 8 months. I only bled for 24 hours though. My thought is you probably miscarried and it's just taking your body time to clean out all the HCG. I don't think you will really feel secure in that until you either get your BFN or get a blood test. You could go get a blood test and then another a few days later to see what the HCG is doing. My cycle was thrown off by a week after mine. I'm sorry you are going through this. My BFF had this and then got preggo the very next month as well. I have to do IVF (as you know) so I didn't, but lots of women do. Actually!!!!! Me and my BFF were convinced I was preggo the month after mine. (WITHOUT HELP! ) I can't believe I forgot this. I got 2 tests that we could both see a VERY faint line on the month after. I also had one symptom that is a tell tale for me. That was the only BFP I got and my period started a week late (hence me thinking it was thrown off by the chemical). I don't know for sure, but I think that happened to me also. Good Luck!!
Old 08-26-2008, 02:33 PM   #8
KJsMom
Registered Users

Yeh I would agree with what everyone has said, I have had three chemicals, all were light BFPs that weren't getting darker so I knew what was going to happen. AF was not longer than usual just darker and clotty like everyone said. I still did get a super faint lines for a while afterwards. Hugs hun, sorry this happened!
Old 08-26-2008, 10:15 PM   #9
StaceyS
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, so tonight's test was a definite BFN. To celebrate (I know that sounds weird, but I need to move on already), I bought myself a shiny new BBT themometer.

Thansk for all the help and replies. I especially like the stories of all the girls that got nice healthy BFP's the very next cycle. Yup. I like them alot.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:03 PM   #10
reesesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

when i had my m/c (and another one that was consider chemical) my HCG stayed in my system for almost 2 1/2 weeks (along w/ 5 weeks of bleeding- fun).

i wish you the best on your next venture of TTC

Working Mama, trying to stay on cloth FT
reesesmom is offline   Reply With Quote