Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2009, 05:34 AM   #11
j_a_a_zavala
Registered Users

Re: Mexico?

I live in Guanajuato part time. We just got back in February. I always take my diapers with me. I know that there are a few places on-line that will ship to Mexico if you have an address. We don't get mail where we live. We live in a tiny village and I get a lot of negative feedback for using them. I was once told that cloth is the reason that my DD has asthma. That the cloth feels wet against her skin. I explained that they do not feel wet and that she was diagnosed with asthma at 4months old and I didn't start using cloth until she was 6m old. I also get a lot of negative feedback for still nursing my 22m old not only because she is 22months old but because I am pregnant as well.

Advertisement

j_a_a_zavala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:35 AM   #12
Midwife@heart
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am not in MX but I am in a forum with mostly moms in MX www.criandocreado.com

They use cd and buy them at www.ecobebe.com, www.tikiba.com and www.holabambino.com

I do have a question though. I have one of the ladies over there asking about international shipping and if she bought cd from the US if it will cost her any duty over there in MX. Does anyone know?
Midwife@heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:34 PM   #13
ChicanaCoqueta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_a_a_zavala View Post
I live in Guanajuato part time. We just got back in February. I always take my diapers with me. I know that there are a few places on-line that will ship to Mexico if you have an address. We don't get mail where we live. We live in a tiny village and I get a lot of negative feedback for using them. I was once told that cloth is the reason that my DD has asthma. That the cloth feels wet against her skin. I explained that they do not feel wet and that she was diagnosed with asthma at 4months old and I didn't start using cloth until she was 6m old. I also get a lot of negative feedback for still nursing my 22m old not only because she is 22months old but because I am pregnant as well.
what part of gto? mi esposo es de salamanca. espero y podamos hacer el viaje para diciembre.
yeah... there are a lot of ideas that I hear about that I just don't agree with. What can I say, I grew up here and attribute any differences to my Chicananess/Pochismo
Old 03-06-2009, 06:25 PM   #14
eguisgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: en**doza
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
That is so interesting because in the pueblo where my inlaws are from, they all used CDs and my SIL was thought to be "trendy" with all her cool cloth! I am going down in April but I am not taking my stash. I think 3 suitcases, one stroller and 3 chamaquitos by myself will be plenty!
Old 03-07-2009, 08:34 PM   #15
j_a_a_zavala
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicanaCoqueta View Post
what part of gto? mi esposo es de salamanca. espero y podamos hacer el viaje para diciembre.
yeah... there are a lot of ideas that I hear about that I just don't agree with. What can I say, I grew up here and attribute any differences to my Chicananess/Pochismo
We live in a little village right outside of Valle de Santiago. We go to Salamanca often to the store, or to KFC and Pizza hut. They have a lot more stuff that is not available in Valle. The only fast food in Valle is Pollo Feliz.

If you go in December you should let me know. Maybe we could get together there. I would love to be able to talk to someone in English wile I'm there. We usually spend about 3 months there depending on how the kids are doing. My DD has sever asthma and uti's. The doctors there are just not qualified to treat my kids. I have not found one yet that knows more about medicine than me and I'm just an informed mom.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:36 PM   #16
j_a_a_zavala
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by endmendoza View Post
That is so interesting because in the pueblo where my inlaws are from, they all used CDs and my SIL was thought to be "trendy" with all her cool cloth! I am going down in April but I am not taking my stash. I think 3 suitcases, one stroller and 3 chamaquitos by myself will be plenty!
What part are your in laws from?
Old 03-07-2009, 09:12 PM   #17
eguisgirl
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
What part are your in laws from?
Atoyac de Alvarez, GRO. We will be there from Apr 9-23rd.. People keep warning us about violence, etc. I think that whatever is going on between el gobierno and los narcos is mostly in the border towns anyhow.. Regardless, we will pray and go.
ETA: That is scary about the medicine. My mil has gone to Chilpanzingo and Acapulco a few times for medical issues and has had great medical care.. I am an RN, and always check in with her-- their advice so far, has been educated and up to date.

Last edited by eguisgirl; 03-07-2009 at 09:15 PM.
eguisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #18
eguisgirl
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmel View Post
I am not in MX but I am in a forum with mostly moms in MX www.criandocreado.com

They use cd and buy them at www.ecobebe.com, www.tikiba.com and www.holabambino.com

I do have a question though. I have one of the ladies over there asking about international shipping and if she bought cd from the US if it will cost her any duty over there in MX. Does anyone know?
I have found that if we send small boxes, there isn't an extra fee. If I send large boxes (full of clothes and shoes, etc) they often have to pay an extra fee ($40 once on top of the $65 I paid to send it!)
Old 03-08-2009, 07:42 AM   #19
Midwife@heart
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I have found that if we send small boxes, there isn't an extra fee. If I send large boxes (full of clothes and shoes, etc) they often have to pay an extra fee ($40 once on top of the $65 I paid to send it!)
Ok, so small boxes might be the trick. I will have to try.
Midwife@heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:58 AM   #20
j_a_a_zavala
Registered Users

Quote:
Atoyac de Alvarez, GRO. We will be there from Apr 9-23rd.. People keep warning us about violence, etc. I think that whatever is going on between el gobierno and los narcos is mostly in the border towns anyhow.. Regardless, we will pray and go.
ETA: That is scary about the medicine. My mil has gone to Chilpanzingo and Acapulco a few times for medical issues and has had great medical care.. I am an RN, and always check in with her-- their advice so far, has been educated and up to date.
The violence has spread all across Mexico. There was 2 heads found in a town about 45 min away from our village out side of a police station. They later found the bodies and it is related to the drug wars. My sisters and their kids were supposed to come with me in December this year but my Mom has talked them out of it until things get better. I have not seen anything myself only what I hear on the news and I will continue to go. Last March I went to the border of Guatemala and Mexico and things were way different.

Have fun and good luck.

Last edited by j_a_a_zavala; 03-09-2009 at 08:00 AM.