Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-18-2006, 03:11 PM   #1
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Any mama's use Floradix for low iron?

My MW told me to get some and It's like 30 bucks a bottle! Just wondering if anyone used it, and how does it tastes and if it works? She said she has gotten a TON of energy from it, and this is something I really need also. LOL

Advertisement

Old 10-19-2006, 10:47 AM   #2
MommaBelt
waiting on response to fsot issue 4/11

Re: Any mama's use Floradix for low iron?

no I havent used this, but I KNOW im anemic, and Im searching for some good iron to take, I think anemic people get tired and cold when thier iron is low, so I would assume that any iron ( as long as it gets absorbed) will boost your energy.
MommaBelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 10:49 AM   #3
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I recommend buying Slow Fe from walmart, its only about $8/bottle and works great, i was put on this with both kids pregnancies. it is time released so it doesn't constipate you neither
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:05 AM   #4
mamato5angels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been tempted to try it as it has the most amount of iron in it out of everything else I have seen. I am currently taking a mulit vit as wass as an additional Iron pill cause mine is so low. My dr. really did not know why I was still moving as it was that low . Witha blood test the low end of normal is around 50 and mine was around 20. I am not sure how the finger prick levels read I haven't had them done that was in a long time but the last time it was done thay told me 13 was good and mine was 10. Mine is due to my cycles being extreamly heavy.

It is really funny my iron goes UP when I am preg.

Sorry to run off on a bunny trail. You know low iron = foggy mind.
mamato5angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:17 AM   #5
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

just wondering why a regular or OTC iron pill wouldn't work?
Blackbirdlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:41 AM   #6
Lisa-Rachelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I tried doing Floradix when I was diagnosed with anemia about halfway through my pregnancy.

ITS AWEFUL! It tastes just like blood! The only way I could stomech it was to hold my nose, gulp it down and immediately chase it with something super sweet like a York Peppermint Patty. And that $30 bottle doesn't last long, either. It only lasted me 3 weeks.

I ended up going to Chromagen Forte iron tablets (available by rx) and once I got the dosage right (450mg a day!!!) they worked well. My hemoglobin level was 13.5 the day I had Emma.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:30 PM   #7
ce&E
Registered Users

I have a good friend who is pregnant right now who was anemic and she says that Floraadix is a miracle worker for her. She couldn't tolerate regular iron pills and this worked for her and completely restored her iron. So she gives it a big thumbs up. I used chelated iron from a coop which was much cheaper and it worked great for me without the big expense.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:38 PM   #8
mama2iliana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I started taking Floradix just a few days ago and I'm giving it to my 2 yr old dd as well
I mix it with a little green juice, chloraphyll (sp?) liquid concentrate and water
I was told that we should take this for about a month to boost our iron up then just try to maintain healthy levels by foods and nettle tea (steaped for 8 hrs.)

dd loves her juice concoction in the am as she otherwise doesn't get juice
I think it tastes good too
I will be take a prenatal multi vitamin with iron after the month is up
I'm nursing and thinking about TTC so I'm trying to get my iron levels back up and dd was diagnosed with low levels

See my listings for (updated 11/16/07)fabric , women's coats/jackets , women's Hanna , girl's 2, 3, 4, 5 andboy's 3, 4, 5
mama2iliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:13 PM   #9
smapple
Registered Users
seller
seller

I took Floradix while pregnant with my first son. I could not tolerate other iron sources (made me very sick to my stomach, and they did not help my iron). I won't lie to you... the taste is pretty bad, BUT I did not gag or anything and the longer I took it, the more I got used to the taste and it was not a big deal. It really really helped my iron - it was the only thing that made a real difference (both in iron level and energy and overall well-being).
Old 10-19-2006, 08:30 PM   #10
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

See the reason why my MW recommended floradix is because it doesnt constipate you like the pills and it gets better absorbed then the pillls..

I just have a really sensitive gag reflex when i get pregnant and I'm scared this will come back up, esp if it's thick or nasty.